X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    totally agree.

~and i'll still hope for something concrete in the future~

It's interesting. I'm involved in several other fandoms--mostly on Facebook--and the minute someone mentions Stargate, the first question is usually, "So--ARE Carter and O'Neill together??" I think that the disinterest on the behalf of TPTB to acknowledge this is maddening. When people YEARS after the fact are still discussing it, then yes--it deserves some confirmation. Not just namby-pamby hints or indications, but SOLID "Come out and say it" CONFIRMATION! It wouldn't even be all that difficult. Just have somebody with "power" say something at a convention. Because most of us purists deal with things being in or out of canon, having someone say unequivocally that they are together would be enough to make it REAL.

I still would have loved to have seen a scene--but I'm not sure how that would happen without revamping the show or a reboot, or something, and I'm not sure how that would work. It was the chemistry between the two actors that led to the Shipping, so it would kind of have to be them who confirm it, wouldn't it? Dunno. I'm not sure how it would happen outside of a convention. Ideas?
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      It's interesting. I'm involved in several other fandoms--mostly on Facebook--and the minute someone mentions Stargate, the first question is usually, "So--ARE Carter and O'Neill together??" I think that the disinterest on the behalf of TPTB to acknowledge this is maddening. When people YEARS after the fact are still discussing it, then yes--it deserves some confirmation. Not just namby-pamby hints or indications, but SOLID "Come out and say it" CONFIRMATION! It wouldn't even be all that difficult. Just have somebody with "power" say something at a convention. Because most of us purists deal with things being in or out of canon, having someone say unequivocally that they are together would be enough to make it REAL.

I still would have loved to have seen a scene--but I'm not sure how that would happen without revamping the show or a reboot, or something, and I'm not sure how that would work. It was the chemistry between the two actors that led to the Shipping, so it would kind of have to be them who confirm it, wouldn't it? Dunno. I'm not sure how it would happen outside of a convention. Ideas?
      My thoughts are that tptb were great at writing sci-fi. But I noticed throughout the Stargate universe, they had no clue how to write and follow through with any sort of ship.
      sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
        My thoughts are that tptb were great at writing sci-fi. But I noticed throughout the Stargate universe, they had no clue how to write and follow through with any sort of ship.
        My guess is that they were 1) Guys. 2) Who had preconceived notions about science fiction being something that didn't include romance except on a fleeting plot-furthering basis. 3) Didn't want to alienate any of the fan-base by committing two characters to each other. 4) Didn't want to hamper future plot lines by committing two characters to each other.

I agree that Stargate was one of the best-written shows out there, and the best when it came to sci-fi. (I liked the Star Trek series and other shows, but only Stargate grabbed me and made me into a Superfan. None of the other shows out there had ever done that. In fact, the only other show that I geek out about in this same respect and to this same degree is "The Last Ship".)

I know that they had the added pressure of the military watching their scripts, and that would have been difficult to work around, I admit. But in the end, they could have taken that time while Sam was in Groom Lake to make it possible for Sam and Jack to be confirmed. It would have made sense--and quite frankly, given them a few nifty and heart-tugging plot possibilities without making it the "Sam and Jack Hour".
        sigpic
        My Stories AO3

Comment

i'm at the point (have been for a while) that it doesn't even have to be AT/RDA acting our pair anymore, as long as it's our universe, i'm okay... ish.

it was amanda and rick that gave the ZING to the ship, but... i want confirmation!!
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
            i'm at the point (have been for a while) that it doesn't even have to be AT/RDA acting our pair anymore, as long as it's our universe, i'm okay... ish.

it was amanda and rick that gave the ZING to the ship, but... i want confirmation!!
            I'm at that point that I'll take even a unambiguous confirmation in one of the MGM endorsed Stargate Novels.

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
              I'm at that point that I'll take even a unambiguous confirmation in one of the MGM endorsed Stargate Novels.
              Agreed. Seems like the easiest answer. Maybe some day soon...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
                I'd sign up to write that one.
                sigpic
                My Stories AO3

Comment

I'd sign up to write that one.
                  Please? Pretty please? Pretty please with sugar on top?
                  sigpic

Comment

I made this for hlndncr for Shipmas in 2014:

Comment

We also have Jack interrupting Sam

Comment

Love the wallpaper and the dog tag pics! Love how Frank grins because he observes Jack around Sam and is amused and Jack is maybe embarrassed because he is not sure how to act around Sam in front of his former friend and the whole situation is just ... grinworthy :-)

Comment

Thank you and yes, it's fun to observe Frank during Sam and Jack's little exchange

Comment

Well, we will be getting some type of confirmation in the Stargate Novels. I think it was Sally Malcolm who mentioned it. I don't remember where in the video she mentions it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTtw7dGTug

I happened to do some things on Image Chef for this past Valenship based on what she said:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14457742

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Joe Malozzi is reminiscing about Stargate on reddit and this little tidbit caught my attention
                              BENEATH THE SURFACE (410)

I liked the premise of this episode and the first couple of versions of the script even more. Whether it was because the episode timed short or simply because I was aware of those early drafts, Beneath the Surface came up short for me. In the end, it seemed to lack the emotional core present in those early versions where the relationship between the amnesiac Jack and Sam was a lot less nebulous. They WERE together and, given the ground work we’d laid in the episodes leading up to this one – the admission of feelings, the time loop kiss – it seemed a logical progression. However, there was some feeling (most notably from Amanda) that it was too much too soon and that the arc might prove a disservice to the characters, so the episode’s romantic elements were stripped away. I loved the notion of our two main characters having to abandon their established relationship for a forgotten life in which they are no longer together.

Some fans were disappointed. Others breathed a sigh of relief.
                              https://www.reddit.com/r/Stargate/co...h_the_surface/

So we weren't imagining things Sam and Jack should have been much more involved in this episode but Amanda nixed that idea. I'm sad to say but I think that was a bad decision on her part, if Sam and Jack relationship in Beneath the Surface would have been more intimate, it would gave been much more painful to return to their professional relationship afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                                Well, we will be getting some type of confirmation in the Stargate Novels. I think it was Sally Malcolm who mentioned it. I don't remember where in the video she mentions it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bnTtw7dGTug

I happened to do some things on Image Chef for this past Valenship based on what she said:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/9...1#post14457742
                                While it isn't actual confirmation, there are hints throughout the SGA books where Atlantis goes back to Pegasus (of them being in a relationship), there's a scene at the end of one of the books with Sam and Jack fishing on one of the piers of Atlantis, and she says something like "you're the only person who can say he's been 'fishing' in two galaxies". Not exactly confirmation, but it certainly could be taken that way.
                                Last edited by hedwig; 11 May 2016, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X