Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
    Hmmm...I need to start a fresh rewatch!!

The X-Files revival just made me long for a Stargate revival: I mean...if they could do a decent job of X-Files brought forward to present, how hard could it be to take another wildly popular show (wink, wink...nudge, nudge) and produce a mini-series like that?

They could easily take the proposed 3rd movie script and rework it into a mini-series. A mini-series, guys. With CONFRIMATION. Just a dinner scene...or a general roused from sleep by the telephone...

I WANT IT!!!!!!!!!
    or this? A Taste of Home
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      or this? A Taste of Home
      I love it! So adorable.
      sigpic
      [call me loser.]

Comment

What episode are we currently on for the rewatch? I had some time yesterday, so I watched Bane and The Tok'ra (both parts). I think I'm ahead?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
          What episode are we currently on for the rewatch? I had some time yesterday, so I watched Bane and The Tok'ra (both parts). I think I'm ahead?
          My fault. I apologize. Between a job interview, theatrical audition, family vacation, and allergy/cold flareup, this has been a crazy week, and I totally forgot to even sign on to change the Episode of the Week (EotW?). Thanks to akamaimom for even informally mentioning that "Bane" was next, and now we are on "The Tok'ra, Parts 1 and 2."

Sam and Jack Forever and Always!
          sigpic
          The Return of King Arthur
          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
            My fault. I apologize. Between a job interview, theatrical audition, family vacation, and allergy/cold flareup, this has been a crazy week, and I totally forgot to even sign on to change the Episode of the Week (EotW?). Thanks to akamaimom for even informally mentioning that "Bane" was next, and now we are on "The Tok'ra, Parts 1 and 2."

Sam and Jack Forever and Always!
            It seems like it's always crazy at the beginning of April for some reason.
            Glad we "missed" Bane... Not a fan... Lol
            On to the Tok'ra! Woo hoo!
            sigpic

Comment

Bane is probably the only episode I skip every time, it's so creepy and X Files like
              Yay for the Tokra!

Comment

Yeah. I'm not a big Bane fan, either.

The Tok'ra is slightly better, but I am ALWAYS creeped out by Martouf/Lantash. I know that a ton of y'all like him, but I just can't. I think he's just as manipulative as Narim.

Also, I'm always stymied as to why Jack leaves Sam and her dad in the tunnels. Would he have abandoned her? What about the "we don't leave our people behind" stuff? He could have sent Daniel and the other team back to the SGC with the Tok'ra without leaving Sam and Jacob to possibly die alone in the tunnels. He could have helped if the Goa'uld had arrived. Am I just overstating his abilities here? Am I delusional? (Which is frankly possible since my entire family has been sick for a week. I'm typing while heavily medicated and with a fever. . .)

Thoughts?
                sigpic
                My Stories: FFdotNet
                My Stories AO3
                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

The Tok'ra is slightly better, but I am ALWAYS creeped out by Martouf/Lantash. I know that a ton of y'all like him, but I just can't. I think he's just as manipulative as Narim.

Also, I'm always stymied as to why Jack leaves Sam and her dad in the tunnels. Would he have abandoned her? What about the "we don't leave our people behind" stuff? He could have sent Daniel and the other team back to the SGC with the Tok'ra without leaving Sam and Jacob to possibly die alone in the tunnels. He could have helped if the Goa'uld had arrived. Am I just overstating his abilities here? Am I delusional? (Which is frankly possible since my entire family has been sick for a week. I'm typing while heavily medicated and with a fever. . .)

Thoughts?
                  Agree with everything you said. Especially the part about Jack leaving her knowing chances were she and Jacob wouldn't get out. The way he quickly thought about Sam's request, said "right" and walked out, just doesn't work for me. He never would've left her or any of his team like that.

Martouf? Icky....

Hope you start to feel better.
                  sigpic

Comment

*squeals*
                    WOW...just...ungh!

Thoughts?
                    Thoughts?
                    I think you could fix that in fiction...just sayin'
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Hi everybody! I'd like to join the rewatch!
                      About Jack leaving Sam with the Tok'ra... there were quite a lot of people around, maybe he didn't want to appear overprotective, caring inappropriately or make her feel like he didn't trust her abilities enough in front of the marines... or maybe he is just tired of her requesting something from him all the time in that episode and him every time granting her what she wants ... Would him staying there too actually make sense? They did not fight the Goa'uld in the tunnels, more important for them was to get out of the closing tunnels in time...

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                        Hi everybody! I'd like to join the rewatch!
                        About Jack leaving Sam with the Tok'ra... there were quite a lot of people around, maybe he didn't want to appear overprotective, caring inappropriately or make her feel like he didn't trust her abilities enough in front of the marines... or maybe he is just tired of her requesting something from him all the time in that episode and him every time granting her what she wants ... Would him staying there too actually make sense? They did not fight the Goa'uld in the tunnels, more important for them was to get out of the closing tunnels in time...
                        Good points.
                        sigpic

Comment

I am sorry for Jacob being ill but on the bright side, he finally learns what Sam does in this episode and can be proud of her. Deep space radar telemetry! ? and also learns that Jack is not some next macho commanding officer but a good leader he can trust.

Comment

Episode of the Week

Spirits
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by bluebari View Post
                              I am sorry for Jacob being ill but on the bright side, he finally learns what Sam does in this episode and can be proud of her. Deep space radar telemetry! ? and also learns that Jack is not some next macho commanding officer but a good leader he can trust.
                              I love that "AHA!" moment for Jacob (maybe more like an "oh...crap...what has my daughter gotten herself into?" moment). You can tell from the beginning that he loves her and recognizes her genius. He also knows that making headway in the military as a woman is really tough: he doesn't want her to settle for less than the best.

It's almost a relief to watch him realize that Sam is involved in something worthy of her.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I heard this on the radio today, and thought that someone needs to make a video of S/J with all the "looks" to this song. LOL

sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X