X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy birthday, Nolamom!

sigpic
    The Return of King Arthur
    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Happy Birthday, Nolamom! Have a great day

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        Just 'cause...

http://i388.photobucket.com/albums/oo330/SamJackShipper93/Stargate%20Behind-the-Scenes/5aed1059-1f8e-4bd0-a6b8-de521cb6b651_zpsmdtmkg5w.jpg

This was taken in Wells, England at Avalon 2006, a gathering just for fans of Rick and Amanda (Dan Shea shows up too!). The con report (located here) is super long, but it was fun to read.

There weren't any real awkward/inappropriate questions, which is my convention pet peeve, because the questions were submitted and screened in advanced, and I'm thinking why don't they do that all of the time? Also, some stories appear multiple times because the attendees were split up into smaller groups and they each went to one Q&As session. This was done in part because Rick really gets uncomfortable with large groups, and it definitely seems like it was a nicer atmosphere.

Lots of nice pictures, too!
        Thanks for posting! Love the photo and the report.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

There weren't any real awkward/inappropriate questions, which is my convention pet peeve, because the questions were submitted and screened in advanced, and I'm thinking why don't they do that all of the time? Also, some stories appear multiple times because the attendees were split up into smaller groups and they each went to one Q&As session. This was done in part because Rick really gets uncomfortable with large groups, and it definitely seems like it was a nicer atmosphere.
          I am glad that they don't screen questions at every event as strictly as at Avalon.
          What happened during our panel was that there was no real flow. You had a question, basically a non-answer from RDA ("what was the question again?") and an answer from AT.
          Then the next question and so on.

Sometimes during normal panels you have a follow up on an earlier question, this wasn't possible at Avalon. Also, they ran out of questions after a while so some of us did get to ask unscreened questions.

I do have to admit though that screening questions for RDA is a *good* thing. The stuff some people ask is just way out of line.
          Then again, any mic runner who screens questions will tell you that sometimes attendees will tell them what they are going to ask and then ask something completely different.

Comment

Better late than never.... Finally re-watched Emancipation today. Not my favorite episode, but it does show off Sam's ability to take care of herself and Jack's confidence in her. My favorite scene is when the guys are gawking at her in the blue dress. Love their faces. . My favorite line is when Jack says "Not a chance in hell". My shippy glasses want to lean towards the beginnings of him caring about her more than just a soldier. However, I guess it could also be him realizing that Sam will fight if anyone attempts to rape her.

Why does Daniel call Sam "Doctor". I hate that. Grrrrr.... It just doesn't sound right.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post
              Better late than never.... Finally re-watched Emancipation today. Not my favorite episode, but it does show off Sam's ability to take care of herself and Jack's confidence in her. My favorite scene is when the guys are gawking at her in the blue dress. Love their faces. . My favorite line is when Jack says "Not a chance in hell". My shippy glasses want to lean towards the beginnings of him caring about her more than just a soldier. However, I guess it could also be him realizing that Sam will fight if anyone attempts to rape her.

Why does Daniel call Sam "Doctor". I hate that. Grrrrr.... It just doesn't sound right.
              I'd like to think any normal person would say that whenever someone else is threatened with rape, be they man, woman, young, old, soldier, doctor, friends, coworkers, loved ones or whatever. And in this case, I really don't see it as a shippy thing, but that's just my perception.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                I'd like to think any normal person would say that whenever someone else is threatened with rape, be they man, woman, young, old, soldier, doctor, friends, coworkers, loved ones or whatever. And in this case, I really don't see it as a shippy thing, but that's just my perception.
                Totally agree. I think anyone would say something and react if a woman was threatened, but maybe it's the way he says it that makes me see more. Does that make sense?
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by houghtam View Post

My take on the "not a chance in hell" line is that Jack knows and has complete confidence in the fact that Sam will never allow herself to be a victim. The old dude (I can't ever remember his name) just assumes that Turghan will do what he wants with her, but Jack knows that she'll fight him with everything that she has. Jack has a healthy respect for her both as a soldier and as a woman, and knows that she's capable of using all of her ablities to protect herself.

Having said that, I'm sure he's still concerned about her, because nobody wants her to have to fight Turghan off. That's where my shippy glasses come into play. He does save her (or, at least, goes looking for her) from bad situations where she's in danger (Desperate Measures, Prometheus, the one where the Super Soldier is looking for her in the forest--can't recall the name), but that doesn't mean that he thinks that she's helpless, it just means that he's concerned for her.
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm new here, but wanted to share a wall I made of Jack and Sam (who should have been a legit couple, IMOHO)...

Turas Sábháilte, Baile Sábháilte
                    (Safe Journey, Safe Home.)

Comment

Originally posted by imzadi35 View Post
                      I'm new here, but wanted to share a wall I made of Jack and Sam (who should have been a legit couple, IMOHO)...

[IMG]http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd8/imzadi36/wallpapersbyme/samjack1.jpg[/]
                      This is really cool! Thank you for sharing the Jack/Sam love!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Hi, wow that´s beautiful.

And welcome, it´s always good to see new people who support the ship.

Don´t you think they got together? Because you said they should have been a legit couple or do you mean the lack of confirmation?

Comment

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/d...e/samjack1.jpg
                          Welcome!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Are there any German Sam/Jack fans here who read a lot of English fanfiction and know most of them? Please go through the list of this author on fanfiktion.de and check whether she or he translated and posted stories without authorization:

Blutschwinge @ fanfiktion.de
                            https://www.fanfiktion.de/u/Blutschwinge

She stole my story "Only One Road", translated it into German and republished it under the name "Come What May" without my consent. I got notified by a German fan who realized "Come What May" was a word-by-word translation of my story without crediting me as the author anywhere.
                            Luckily the page reacted quickly to my takedown notice and deleted the story already.

But she also has a story by hlndncr which she claims is an authorized translation. So hlndncr, if you read it, please check if that's true.

Since I myself don't know all the fanfiction, I don't recognize other stories, but the writing styles are oddly different at times. So German fans, please step up and check if you recognize translations of English fanfictions. And then please notify the respective authors!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
                              Are there any German Sam/Jack fans here who read a lot of English fanfiction and know most of them? Please go through the list of this author on fanfiktion.de and check whether she or he translated and posted stories without authorization:

She stole my story "Only One Road", translated it into German and republished it under the name "Come What May" without my consent. I got notified by a German fan who realized "Come What May" was a word-by-word translation of my story without crediting me as the author anywhere.
                              Luckily the page reacted quickly to my takedown notice and deleted the story already.

But she also has a story by hlndncr which she claims is an authorized translation. So hlndncr, if you read it, please check if that's true.

Since I myself don't know all the fanfiction, I don't recognize other stories, but the writing styles are oddly different at times. So German fans, please step up and check if you recognize translations of English fanfictions. And then please notify the respective authors!
                              Wow. Rude. My nephew is fluent (he lived in Germany for two years). Maybe I'll have him do some comparison for me.

Having said that, has anyone confronted this person and asked about other stories? Also--have you posted this on the fanfic threads?
                              Last edited by Akamaimom; 27 September 2015, 11:09 AM.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post

I recognize titles (Surebu by VVV and Catch a Falling Star by someone else whose name I don't remember), but they're not fics I've read so I can't judge if they're the same.
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X