Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ErikaMariia View Post
    Oh crap. this doesn't actually fit as a drabble but this is what came to mind with the word Answers

Spoiler:

If Things Were Different

”If things were different..?” she asked, gazing him with her blue eyes.
    Jack was dumbfounded. He wasn't best known of his skills to read women but even he could see this particular woman was very close to bursting into tears. And she was asking him something. Something deeper was hidden behind those few little words. He took a moment to study her. For a second he thought he saw something in her eyes. Regret, desperation, even a hint of panic. Her eyes were glistening and suddenly he felt like sinking.

”I...” he started mut closed his mouth again. Indeed, what if things were different. There were so many ways things could be different. If charlie was still alive, if daniel hadn't gotten the stargate to work, if he hadn't gone to Abydos, if he had died on Antarctica. Or.. if they hadn't left it in the room.
    For a long time he had hoped they could take it out of the room but time seemed never to be right. And now she had moved on and he couldn't blame her. He wanted to say something that would make her toss that damned ring to the wrong side of the event horizon but how could he? He couldn't promise her anything more he could years ago. And she deserved happiness. That Shanahan guy might be a jerk but he seemed to make he happy. The panic and desperation he thought he saw in her eyes were probably just cold feet. Or was it? For a fraction of a second he thought she was begging him to say ”don't do it”. And God knows he wanted to. He wanted to grab her in his arms and kiss that Shanahan out of her mind. Screw the regs. But no, he couldn't do that.
    He forced a smirk.
    ”I wouldn't be here” he answered and walked away.

One of the best explanations that I've seen for that strange answer.

Comment

HAPPY SHIP DAY!
      sigpic

Comment

Just so everyone is up to speed I am here to inform you that Ship Day has been held over for 24 hours due to unavoidable technical difficulties during the celebration.

No excuses now not to jump on the Ship Day thread and post something to demonstrate your appreciation for Sam and Jack!

Don't delay: these 24 hours will be gone before you know it!

Comment

Yippie!!!! Uh-oh, now I'll never get to sleep!
          sigpic

----------
          FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

These 24 hours were over before I knew it cause I had so much trouble getting on the Gateworld site!!!
            sigpic
            Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
            My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Yeah the site being down was a bummer!!!
              But hey...
              We get extra celebration time... YAY !
              I finally finished my chapter and artwork today so I feel like I can celebrate now ! yay
              .... sigpic ....

"I didn't leave - because I'd rather die myself than lose Carter."

Comment

I'm still looking for about 4 more shippy moments and since Ship Day is over with I thought I would finish asking here so I can get the video done and post a link here when it's done.

So far for the Top 12 Shippy Moments I have (Season 4 and beyond):
                1. Heroes Part 2 Hug (submitted by IamDKScully)
                2. Threads fishing scene (submitted by IamDKScully)
                3. Look from Prophecy when visiting Jonas (submitted by me)
                4. Window of Opportunity Kiss (submitted by SamJackShipper93)
                5. Beneath the Surface snuggle scene (submitted by atlantis sg1)
                6. End scene from Evolution Part 2 (submitted by ErikaMariia)
                7. Sacrifices Corridor scene (submitted by ErikaMariia)
                8. What moonbase scene from Stargate: Continuum (submitted by me) - this is 1 of the 4 I was thinking of.
                9. (submitted by )
                10. (submitted by )
                11. (submitted by )
                12. (submitted by )

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Originally posted by planet_tv View Post
                  I'm still looking for about 4 more shippy moments and since Ship Day is over with I thought I would finish asking here so I can get the video done and post a link here when it's done.

So far for the Top 12 Shippy Moments I have (Season 4 and beyond):
                  8. What moonbase scene from Stargate: Continuum (submitted by me) - this is 1 of the 4 I was thinking of.
                  9. (submitted by )
                  10. (submitted by )
                  11. (submitted by )
                  12. (submitted by )

How about the AMAZING hug in Hathor's faux SGC after Jack gets unfrozen?
                  Or the "Please" scene that led to Jack's being Goa'ulded?
                  Divide and Conquer "I would've rather died myself than lose Carter"
                  Skaa'ra's wedding invitation and the look they give each other
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    How about the AMAZING hug in Hathor's faux SGC after Jack gets unfrozen?
                    Or the "Please" scene that led to Jack's being Goa'ulded?
                    Ooo.. I was totally gonna say the Skaa'ra wedding invite scene... That look... !
                    .... sigpic ....

Comment

I have added these two since they were from Season 4 and beyond.
                      -----------

As for this list I have decided to change it to 16 moments, so there will be 8 from the Ship day thread, a special thread, and 8 from this thread, the regular everyday thread, on the list. When I do the video, I will add 5 additional moments which include the other 3 I was thinking of, but I will not reveal them as they will be a surprise. If they should happen to get added to this list then a will pick another clip to replace it in the 5 surprise clips list.

So far for the Top 16 Shippy Moments I have (Season 4 and beyond):
                      9. I would rather die myself... from Divide and Conquer (submitted by Akamaimom)
                      10. Skaa'ra wedding invite from Full Circle (submitted by Akamaimom)
                      11. (submitted by )
                      12. (submitted by )
                      13. (submitted by )
                      14. (submitted by )
                      15. (submitted by )
                      16. (submitted by )

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

-----------

As for this list I have decided to change it to 16 moments, so there will be 8 from the Ship day thread, a special thread, and 8 from this thread, the regular everyday thread, on the list. When I do the video, I will add 5 additional moments which include the other 3 I was thinking of, but I will not reveal them as they will be a surprise. If they should happen to get added to this list then a will pick another clip to replace it in the 5 surprise clips list.

9. I would rather die myself... from Divide and Conquer (submitted by Akamaimom)
                        11. (submitted by )
                        12. (submitted by )
                        13. (submitted by )
                        14. (submitted by )
                        15. (submitted by )
                        16. (submitted by )
                        How about the 'Go'... 'Not without you scene' from Continuum? My feels for that scene are beyond anything! *cries in corner* thinking about it!
                        .... sigpic ....

Comment

-----------

11. (submitted by )
                          12. (submitted by )
                          13. (submitted by )
                          14. (submitted by )
                          15. (submitted by )
                          16. (submitted by )
                          D'oh! I must have missed the "Season 4" thing.

Okay, then -

Desperate Measures, when he saves her from the evil doctor guys
                          Descent - "Welcome to MY world", and when they get nearly drowned, and Jack reaches for her
                          Frozen - When she asks him "Please" to take the tok'ra
                          Prometheus - Again, O'Neill gets to Sam just in time in Prometheus' corridor as the bad guys are about to kill her
                          Paradise Lost - She is inconsolable when she thinks she's lost him
                          Metamorphosis - he offers to go to the machine in her place, and then she lays her head on his shoulder when she's getting sicker, he carries her to the machine to be saved when she collapses
                          Space Race - "It's my language, sir" - cute little look there
                          Avenger 2.0 - O'Neill steals the ship and saves her and Felger
                          Evolution Part II - (I think) - at the end, he meets her in the gateroom and they go to lunch (am I thinking of the right episode?)
                          Grace - the kiss, and the "Jack" at the end
                          Death Knell - he finds her, and then comforts her after the Super Soldier is dead

Now I've got to get some work done, but there are some of the ones I can come up with.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

D'oh! I must have missed the "Season 4" thing.

Okay, then -

Desperate Measures, when he saves her from the evil doctor guys
                            Descent - "Welcome to MY world", and when they get nearly drowned, and Jack reaches for her
                            Frozen - When she asks him "Please" to take the tok'ra
                            Prometheus - Again, O'Neill gets to Sam just in time in Prometheus' corridor as the bad guys are about to kill her
                            Paradise Lost - She is inconsolable when she thinks she's lost him
                            Metamorphosis - he offers to go to the machine in her place, and then she lays her head on his shoulder when she's getting sicker, he carries her to the machine to be saved when she collapses
                            Space Race - "It's my language, sir" - cute little look there
                            Avenger 2.0 - O'Neill steals the ship and saves her and Felger
                            Evolution Part II - (I think) - at the end, he meets her in the gateroom and they go to lunch (am I thinking of the right episode?)
                            Grace - the kiss, and the "Jack" at the end
                            Death Knell - he finds her, and then comforts her after the Super Soldier is dead

Now I've got to get some work done, but there are some of the ones I can come up with.
                            Yep, "Evolution Part 2" is right, but the bolded part is actually the Season 5 premiere "Enemies" (though easy to mix up since it's still Jack, Sam, and Jacob running around on Goa'uld motherships! )
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                              Yep, "Evolution Part 2" is right, but the bolded part is actually the Season 5 premiere "Enemies" (though easy to mix up since it's still Jack, Sam, and Jacob running around on Goa'uld motherships! )
                              I knew I was messing some up. I was scrolling through my Apple TV list rather than rewatching them. But the underwater part of that episode (Descent), when he grabs her vest and then pulls her close always makes me sigh with happy Shippiness.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

I knew I was messing some up. I was scrolling through my Apple TV list rather than rewatching them. But the underwater part of that episode (Descent), when he grabs her vest and then pulls her close always makes me sigh with happy Shippiness.
                                That is truly one of my favorite moments. There's a moment when they've been underwater for awhile (actually it's been a whole commercial break ), and Sam glances over at Jack and I would just love to know what's going through their minds at that moment.

And I love that Jack grabs Sam after the water goes now and she's still coughing (though it's likely just as much Rick grabbing Amanda since she said that she kept sucking in water when they went under ... which would actually be super terrifying!). He's always looking out for her, and even though the fallout of almost drowning together is never touched upon (like so many other things!), I love that Jack touches her several more times through the episode, like he has to make sure she's still there.
                                sigpic
                                The Return of King Arthur
                                Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                                acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Working...
                                X