THE LEAST SHIPPY EPISODE

Demons

VS.

Resurrection (5)

No contest!

Comment

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!

Cassie, why am I in this wedding dress?

Cassie: Because Sam, there’s only nine days to Ship Day and we have to find you the perfect outfit.

I don’t think this is it.

Cassie: Are you kidding? This dress has “Squeeeeee” written all over it!

Cassie: Fine. If you don’t like that one, try this.

Cassie, I didn’t like this dress the first time I wore it!

Cassie: But Sam, Jack said you looked great and he even called you “Samantha!”
        If that doesn’t scream fluff, I don’t know what does.

Can’t we try something a little more down to earth?

Cassie: Fine.

Well, this is a little more like it.

But I don’t see what’s shippy about my uniform.

Cassie: Are you kidding? Love at first sight, Sam.

Cassie: It’s so romantic.
        Last edited by hlndncr; 19 July 2015, 01:50 PM.

Comment

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!
          (continued)

Maybe I should just go with jeans and a t-shirt.

Cassie: Jack, help me out here. Sam doesn’t like any of the outfits
          I’ve picked out for her to wear for Ship Day.

Oh, I know exactly what Carter should be wearing for Ship Day.

Sir, I don’t care what the Shippy Hippies do; I am not going to this party nekkid.

Wouldn’t dream of it, Carter.

Well, maybe in my dreams.

But I’ve got two words for you, Carter.

Tank Top.

Now that’s more like it!

Comment

Nine Days 'til Ship Day!
            (continued)

Jeans and a sweater it is.

D’oh!

Look at it this way, Sir, it’s what I wore the first time we went fishing.

Cassie: Squeeeeeeeeee!

Comment

My Drabble:

Light and Dark

Spoiler:
              General Hammond hoped he was not making a mistake. Captain Carter was the expert on the Stargate and she had earned this mission. Still, Colonel O’Neill would not be pleased. Sam was young, inexperienced and while formidable as a scientist and a soldier, there was still a lightness and naiveté to her that Hammond worried might draw the ire of one hardened special ops officer. He knew the Colonel carried a barely concealed cloak of darkness about him: burdens of his past. Light and dark – it could prove a calamitous combination.

Still, the General believed he had a unique insight into these two officers. His mind drifted to an experience thirty years before, not far from this very base. Others might not see it; perhaps he would not have realized it either, but these two were going to need each other. And it would work. It had to work.

Hammond called to his executive officer, “Get me Captain Carter at the Pentagon.”
              Last edited by hlndncr; 19 July 2015, 05:02 PM.

Comment

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene or story in 100 words. It can be humorous or sad, poetry or prose. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #2

Echoes

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                  My Drabble:

Light and Dark

Spoiler:
                  General Hammond hoped he was not making a mistake. Captain Carter was the expert on the Stargate and she had earned this mission. Still, Colonel O’Neill would not be pleased. Sam was young, inexperienced and while formidable as a scientist and a soldier, there was still a lightness and naiveté to her that Hammond worried might draw the ire of one hardened special ops officer. He knew the Colonel carried a barely conceal cloak of darkness about him, burdens of his past. Light and dark – it could prove a calamitous combination.

Still the General believed he had a unique insight into these two officers. His mind drifted to an experience thirty years before, not far from this very base. Others might not see it; perhaps he would not have realized it either, but these two were going to need each other. And it would work. It had to work.

Hammond called to his executive officer, “Get me Captain Carter at the Pentagon.”
                  LOVED this! Would green it if I could!
                  + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                  And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

My Drabble:

Light and Dark

Spoiler:
                    General Hammond hoped he was not making a mistake. Captain Carter was the expert on the Stargate and she had earned this mission. Still, Colonel O’Neill would not be pleased. Sam was young, inexperienced and while formidable as a scientist and a soldier, there was still a lightness and naiveté to her that Hammond worried might draw the ire of one hardened special ops officer. He knew the Colonel carried a barely conceal cloak of darkness about him, burdens of his past. Light and dark – it could prove a calamitous combination.

Still the General believed he had a unique insight into these two officers. His mind drifted to an experience thirty years before, not far from this very base. Others might not see it; perhaps he would not have realized it either, but these two were going to need each other. And it would work. It had to work.

Niiiiiiiice.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Drabble for Echoes.

Spoiler:
                      Twenty or so Carters were spread around the room, most of them talking lively with a few of them concentrated on their computer screen, slowly picking away at some blue jello. His eyes bounced around looking for his Sam. He heard a spoon hit the floor and saw a look of shock on a nearby Sam with glasses.

The noise caught the attention of the other Sams and the look spread from Sam to Sam like a visual echo. His Sam became quite obvious when he caught her slightly shaking her head with a look that clearly meant “unbelievable” before smiling at him. He smiled back and noticed that it was now a forlorn look that echoed around the room. He had to admit, it was nice being the Jack O’Neill who made alternate realities jealous for once.
                      + = It's a simple mathematical fact
                      And so is...penguins+conformation=HAPPY CAMPERS

Comment

Drabble for Dark and Light
                        Spoiler:

50 Shades

Right or wrong.
                        Good or bad.
                        Black and white.

It seems so easy, so clear and concise. But more than fifty shades lead them through light and dark then back again to a reality skewed by seemingly simple rules. So they hide themselves in the light, pretending to be what they are not while darkness pulls truth to light. For under the cover of blackness and night they allow the touches to turn to the slightest of caresses and their eyes lock in firelight that lingers well until dawn.
                        sigpic

----------
                        FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Loving the drabbles

Comment

Echoes

Major Carter and Colonel O’Neill were standing side by side on the bridge of a Tel’tak flying over an alien planet. Sam tilted her head toward the Colonel when she realized he was quietly humming a tune.

“Sir, are you humming?”

“Who me, no…” Jack started at her voice.
                            They both returned to planet gazing, and Sam realized that the humming had started again. She listened intently and realized she recognized the tune.

“Sir, I beg to differ with you, but you are humming.”

“I am? What exactly am I humming?” Jack turned to Sam with a slight grin on his face.

“Echoes, from Pink Floyd,” Sam replied with a chuckle.

For those of you not around in the 1970’s, Pink Floyd did indeed write an instrumental song named “Echoes.” You can check out the details on Wikipedia.

Thanks to Hlndncr for the quick Beta, you're the Best!
                            sigpic
                            Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

My Drabble:

Light and Dark

Spoiler:
                              General Hammond hoped he was not making a mistake. Captain Carter was the expert on the Stargate and she had earned this mission. Still, Colonel O’Neill would not be pleased. Sam was young, inexperienced and while formidable as a scientist and a soldier, there was still a lightness and naiveté to her that Hammond worried might draw the ire of one hardened special ops officer. He knew the Colonel carried a barely concealed cloak of darkness about him: burdens of his past. Light and dark – it could prove a calamitous combination.

Still, the General believed he had a unique insight into these two officers. His mind drifted to an experience thirty years before, not far from this very base. Others might not see it; perhaps he would not have realized it either, but these two were going to need each other. And it would work. It had to work.

They never let me green you.
                              This was so them light and dark a perfect mix - George knew.
                              sigpic
                              Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                              My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Originally posted by atlantis sg1 View Post
                                Drabble for Echoes.

Spoiler:
                                Twenty or so Carters were spread around the room, most of them talking lively with a few of them concentrated on their computer screen, slowly picking away at some blue jello. His eyes bounced around looking for his Sam. He heard a spoon hit the floor and saw a look of shock on a nearby Sam with glasses.

The noise caught the attention of the other Sams and the look spread from Sam to Sam like a visual echo. His Sam became quite obvious when he caught her slightly shaking her head with a look that clearly meant “unbelievable” before smiling at him. He smiled back and noticed that it was now a forlorn look that echoed around the room. He had to admit, it was nice being the Jack O’Neill who made alternate realities jealous for once.
                                I like this!!
                                sigpic
                                Distinguished Service Ribbon Goa'uld Campaign
                                My Stories zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Artwork by Mala

Comment

Working...
                                X