Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RadicalDreamer View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm sorry I dropped off the thread for a while. I really wanted to do something for shipmas. But then... I got insecure with my stuff, couldn't finish it and didn't dare to post again. I kind of have self esteem/anxiety issues and it's not pleasant. It kind of affects my whole life. I don't want to come off as weird or uncaring or a liar. That's why I'm saying this.

Sigh... at least, I can show you a bit of what I did, as embarrassing as it is to me... because I don't know if I'll ever finish the stuff I started (you may color it, if you want, I don't mind) :

Xmas morning at the cabin : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...2350280093.jpg
    Additional non xmas themed chibi drawing (sort of) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...2356360104.jpg

While I'm at it... here two oldish sketchs I had stored on my computer (drawn using Gimp... I think) :
    Alternate reality flirting (really raw but I like it for some reason) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0005110113.jpg
    Inspired by a fanfic : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0008150107.jpg
    OMG I love those!!! You're a great artist! How did you do them? Which programs did you use for the line inking - or did you do them by hand? I love how well you managed to draw the background in the first one too!!! :O
    sigpic

Comment

Howdy Shippers!!

Slight OT comment, Since Stargate, I used to cringe when I heard the name Pete, but I've recently started watching the series Warehouse 13, whose male lead character is called Pete Lattimer. Took me awhile, but now I don't cringe but instead think of the cutie Eric McClintock instead of David DeLuise

Back to shipping!

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
        Arthur is the AirForce - Sam was married to AF.
        Jack is Lancelot
        Brilliant!

Slightly OT maybe but :

Spoiler:
        I'm sorry I dropped off the thread for a while. I really wanted to do something for shipmas. But then... I got insecure with my stuff, couldn't finish it and didn't dare to post again. I kind of have self esteem/anxiety issues and it's not pleasant. It kind of affects my whole life. I don't want to come off as weird or uncaring or a liar. That's why I'm saying this.

Sigh... at least, I can show you a bit of what I did, as embarrassing as it is to me... because I don't know if I'll ever finish the stuff I started (you may color it, if you want, I don't mind) :

Xmas morning at the cabin : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...2350280093.jpg
        Additional non xmas themed chibi drawing (sort of) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...2356360104.jpg

While I'm at it... here two oldish sketchs I had stored on my computer (drawn using Gimp... I think) :
        Alternate reality flirting (really raw but I like it for some reason) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0005110113.jpg
        Inspired by a fanfic : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0008150107.jpg
        Thanks for taking that scary step to share your work with us. Much appreciated!

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Howdy Shippers!!

Slight OT comment, Since Stargate, I used to cringe when I heard the name Pete, but I've recently started watching the series Warehouse 13, whose male lead character is called Pete Lattimer. Took me awhile, but now I don't cringe but instead think of the cutie Eric McClintock instead of David DeLuise

Back to shipping!
        Eddie McClintock is dreamy! I love him! And I'm a huge Pete/Myka fan. Wouldn't it be fun if some off world gizmo ended up giving off a ping at the Warehouse. SG-1 and Warehouse 13 madcap fun!

Comment

Originally posted by cyced View Post
          I like this, under that theory wouldn't Pete be Arthur and Jack be Lancelot?
          i think pete would be the court jester.

jack, i think, would be a combo of arthur and lancelot. husband AND sexyhot.
          sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by siles View Post
            Arthur is the AirForce - Sam was married to AF.
            Jack is Lancelot
            omg, that's brilliant! perfect, siles!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
              OMG I love those!!! You're a great artist! How did you do them? Which programs did you use for the line inking - or did you do them by hand? I love how well you managed to draw the background in the first one too!!! :O
              Thanks .
              The first two were inked "traditionally", with pens (if you're interested... imo, they're great : http://www.dickblick.com/products/fa...t-artist-pens/).
              The other two were drawn using Gimp and Photoshop (and my Wacom tablet). I used simple paint brushes.

If you're familiar with Gimp, you may try using the calligraphy brush/tool for thin and clean lines. With it, I managed stuff like this (not without frustration, though) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0618310105.jpg
              Photoshop is more difficult to use for me. I used Gimp for so long, it's hard to adapt (especially since my current tablet allows stuff my old one didn't).

Thank you... about the background. It's the most complicated/intimidating thing to draw for me.
              I had art classes those last few years. I like drawing since I'm a kid but it's only now and thanks to the classes that I understand the importance of drawing from life to get better at everything (bodies, expressions, backgrounds, colors...). I feel like learning to draw is like learning a language... you feel gradually more free to express yourself the way you want as you practise and progress from life (as frustrating as it may be sometimes... you have no idea how drawing a simple box of matches drove me crazy back at school).

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              Since Stargate, there are so many words and names (and situations... oh, and the actors) I can't separate from the show/ship. Like... "always", "fishing", "gate", "Samantha", "Daniel", "Charlie", etc ...
              Though, as much as I love Jack, I think his name is overused in fiction. Not that it is his real full name, actually. I wish the show had teased Jack about this. I actually find his full name kinda cute.
              As for Pete... I hate it. Still does. Maybe because of the show (or because my sister kept making fun of the name, in french, it sounds like the word for "fart" so... yeah) "Peter" works fine for me, though.
              Last edited by RadicalDreamer; 25 January 2015, 05:32 PM.
              My Tumblr.
              My Tumblr Art Blog.
              My Deviantart page.

Comment

Since Stargate, there are so many words and names (and situations) I can't separate from the show/ship. Though, as much as I love Jack, I think his name is overused in fiction. Not that it is his real full name, actually. I wish the show had teased Jack about this. I actually find his full name kinda cute.
                There are lots of things in real life that remind me of Stargate and some fan fics. Friday when I was driving back from a doctor appointment, I noticed a street named "Trigger", which made me laugh, because it reminded me of a fic by Aeryn, who wrote a very amusing fic named "Trigger". There's also a "Stargate Way" (road) about 2 miles from where I live. I often see a license plate with "St*rg8t" on it.

Comment

i love them too!!

for some reason, i like the alternate reality flirting one the most.
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

Thanks .
                    The first two were inked "traditionally", with pens (if you're interested... imo, they're great : http://www.dickblick.com/products/fa...t-artist-pens/).
                    The other two were drawn using Gimp and Photoshop (and my Wacom tablet). I used simple paint brushes.

If you're familiar with Gimp, you may try using the calligraphy brush/tool for thin and clean lines. With it, I managed stuff like this (not without frustration, though) : http://www.hostpic.org/view.php?file...0618310105.jpg
                    Photoshop is more difficult to use for me. I used Gimp for so long, it's hard to adapt (especially since my current tablet allows stuff my old one didn't).

Thank you... about the background. It's the most complicated/intimidating thing to draw for me.
                    I had art classes those last few years. I like drawing since I'm a kid but it's only now and thanks to the classes that I understand the importance of drawing from life to get better at everything (bodies, expressions, backgrounds, colors...). I feel like learning to draw is like learning a language... you feel gradually more free to express yourself the way you want as you practise and progress from life (as frustrating as it may be sometimes... you have no idea how drawing a simple box of matches drove me crazy back at school).

Since Stargate, there are so many words and names (and situations... oh, and the actors) I can't separate from the show/ship. Like... "always", "fishing", "gate", "Samantha", "Daniel", "Charlie", etc ...
                    Though, as much as I love Jack, I think his name is overused in fiction. Not that it is his real full name, actually. I wish the show had teased Jack about this. I actually find his full name kinda cute.
                    As for Pete... I hate it. Still does. Maybe because of the show (or because my sister kept making fun of the name, in french, it sounds like the word for "fart" so... yeah) "Peter" works fine for me, though.

Same here. I still can't convince myself there's nothing wrong with the name Pete
                    As for Jack... most of my favorite tv/movie/book characters are named Jack! So there's gotta be something in the name, I guess
                    sigpic

Comment

question: if you could change *one* thing about the s/j relationship journey, what would it be?

my own answer... it's a or b: a- sam never dates anyone/pete, or b- sam dumps pete after the whole stalking/checking up incident.

i'd just have preferred sam never decided to move on *by getting involved with someone else*. of course, the reason it really happened was because amanda wanted a boyfriend for her character. but let's not dwell...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                        question: if you could change *one* thing about the s/j relationship journey, what would it be?

my own answer... it's a or b: a- sam never dates anyone/pete, or b- sam dumps pete after the whole stalking/checking up incident.

i'd just have preferred sam never decided to move on *by getting involved with someone else*. of course, the reason it really happened was because amanda wanted a boyfriend for her character. but let's not dwell...
                        I'd want that original kiss in the episode Lost City, and for them to get together there. Though I have no idea how to go on in a way the Air Force would approve of then. Maybe Jack could retire. RDA wanted out at that point anyway, so make him a civilian advisor to the SG-C. Hammond stays in command, Sam becomes leader of SG-1, Jack becomes Sam's guy ( ), no more Pete, everybody can live happily every after.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post

For me, it all comes back to Pete as well.

First, I just wish that Sam would have recognized how stupid it was to decide to make drastic life decisions when she's not a terrible head wound. Not her brightest moment.

Second, I can understand wanting to move on, but it was just so angsty I couldn't take it (and I *love* the angst!). In my head, I just wish that one of them had found the right time and place to raise the question about what could happen in the future. Maybe Jack would have retired at the end of "New Order" instead of taking the promotion (can you imagine what it would have been like if we could have confirmed S/J all throughout Season 8 while RDA was still there?!).

As it was, Season 8 was so strange and awkward, because even though neither Sam nor Jack actually voiced their feelings, "Lost City/New Order" made it was pretty obvious that the feelings were still there and still very mutual. Personally, I makes me a little angry that Sam didn't break it off with Pete at that point, considering I think she was recognizing how much she was in love with another man. It wasn't fair to Jack, and it wasn't fair to Pete.

But that wouldn't make for "good" TV, would it?
                          (I say that with a healthy dose of sarcasm, I don't really think the Jack/Sam/Pete triangle was actually "good" considering she should have dumped his bum straight after his stalking in "Chimera"...)
                          sigpic
                          The Return of King Arthur
                          Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                          acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

I'd want that original kiss in the episode Lost City, and for them to get together there. Though I have no idea how to go on in a way the Air Force would approve of then. Maybe Jack could retire. RDA wanted out at that point anyway, so make him a civilian advisor to the SG-C. Hammond stays in command, Sam becomes leader of SG-1, Jack becomes Sam's guy ( ), no more Pete, everybody can live happily every after.
                            YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSS!!!!

*takes deep breaths*

sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post

Second, I can understand wanting to move on, but it was just so angsty I couldn't take it (and I *love* the angst!). In my head, I just wish that one of them had found the right time and place to raise the question about what could happen in the future. Maybe Jack would have retired at the end of "New Order" instead of taking the promotion (can you imagine what it would have been like if we could have confirmed S/J all throughout Season 8 while RDA was still there?!).
                              i don't like 'others' angst stuff either.

re: highlighted: maybe if this concept was filmed in season 4, yes, but after that, the writers starting pulling back and taming the ship impact.

and yes, it would have been WON.DER.FUL. *sighs*

As it was, Season 8 was so strange and awkward, because even though neither Sam nor Jack actually voiced their feelings, "Lost City/New Order" made it was pretty obvious that the feelings were still there and still very mutual. Personally, I makes me a little angry that Sam didn't break it off with Pete at that point, considering I think she was recognizing how much she was in love with another man. It wasn't fair to Jack, and it wasn't fair to Pete.
                              amanda was so concerned with the s/j angle diminishing her character, yet the s/p one was ridiculously written and actually did *worse* for her character! and her not breaking it off with boyfriend after the events of 'lost city' was insulting for all three characters.

(I say that with a healthy dose of sarcasm, I don't really think the Jack/Sam/Pete triangle was actually "good" considering she should have dumped his bum straight after his stalking in "Chimera"...)
                              all these years later, and i'm *still* bitter about this? number one reason being we never got proof of a relationship between sam and jack. they resolved to be together ('threads'), but we never saw or got proof they did. hints helped (bless you joe mallozzi especially), but...

(((official stargate novels, i love you!!)))
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

excuse my rant, and please post away!

(i really want to read others ideas/feelings, and help generate life in the thread)

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X