Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
    Yes. This one if you are living in the US: http://www.amazon.com/Stargate-SG-1-...gate+final+cut

I have the complete series box and in the German version they included both episodes. The original one on the Season 1 Disc 1 and then the Final Cut on an Extra DVD in the Season 1 case. So I hope the DVD you can buy alone at the store will be the same.

But yes, that exact scene is the reason why the final cut will always be my preferred version too. Sam is so sassy in that scene... and that smile she gives him with the arm wrestling challenge. And then his smirk back at her...
    To me Sam comes over as feminist in this one without spelling it out so loud. Just the way she behaves, and her direct arm wrestling challenge that she delivers with that smile. All that speaks "I am not afraid of you, no matter who you think you are, and if you want we can take it outside right now!"
    In the original version it seems a lot stiffer to me. Like she feels a desperate need to prove herself - even though nobody is really attacking her. And because of the different camera shots and angles, it seems a lot more detached. Whereas the final cut feels more like personal banter between Sam and Jack - due to the close-ups.
    Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
    I'm the oddball. I prefer the final cut. Yes, Jack's statement about women is oddly out of context in the new cut (my one major critique) but to me, they feel more flirty
    I'm an oddball for preferring the original (even with the cringe-worthy parts); I suppose in comparison, the others seem to be...missing something.

I may not like how in-your-face it was, but I like the moments like imagining Sam with her astronaut doll/action figure as a kid.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Good show everybody!! Awesome Ship Day!
      sigpic

----------
      FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Ship Day thread is locked. I had a really great time.
        Sweet dreams shippers!

Comment

These are the stats for the Ship Days.

Comment

Stats for all ship celebrations to date:

Last edited by UhSir; 29 July 2019, 04:42 PM. Reason: fix links

Comment

Thanks for a wonderful Ship Day

Comment

Missed the ship day due to being at commonwealth games..looking forward to reading all you guys work as usual..thanks all you ship day stars

Comment

I'm surprised at the turnout considering it was a Monday...
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thank you shippers for making it a spectacular Ship Day We had a decent turn out it looks like based on the stats and I had a great deal of fun (especially since I missed last year due to having just popped a kid out literally less than six days prior).

Comment

I just got caught up with the Ship Day thread!
                      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

2008 was the year of the biggest turnout. My first Ship Day was 2010.

I did get a little sad reading the stats on the old Ship Days. I miss a lot of people

Comment

Sorry I wasn't around (much) for Ship Day. Down with a really killer migraine.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ship Day was awesome. Great turn out! I've been through the thread once already, now I can take my time and go through again more slowly. Watch the vids and read the fics. Lots of SHIPPY goodness!!

Comment

Thanks for sharing the shippy stats UhSir! It's interesting the history of the holidays.

Question for those in the know, was the first Ship Day just held in the old appreciation thread?

Ship Day ended too soon for me, so here's the drabble I didn't get written and the art I didn't get crafted in time!

Ten Day Drabble Prompt #10 – Family
                              Sam sat down in the chair beside Jack on the deck and accepted the beer he passed her from the cooler at his feet. The can was chilly in her hand, a refreshing change from the sweltering heat of the late summer day.

Surveying the yard she looked over their family members that had made it for her and Jack’s anniversary party. Over the years the numbers of ‘the family’ had changed, death had taken some away from them and marriages and births had brought others into the fold—but throughout it all they had been, and would remain, family.

Art

sigpic
                              My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

The first Ship Day was held at the Delphi forums, where Gateworld originated. I'll go find the links.

Comment

Working...
                                X