No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heck, I'd consider flying over to Germany to see that! Instead, alas, I will be stuck somewhere between Oklahoma and Wisconsin doing nothing remotely Stargate related.

Comment

Originally posted by nilo2207 View Post
      I definitely agree. That's why I like the audio commentary on "Affinity", in the "ring-scene" someone comments on that (maybe PDL, not sure) and how that shows RDAs soap-background.!
      Lol, you say 'soap' and I immediately get a mental image of Joey from Friends hamming his way through a "dramatic" scene from 'Days of Our Lives'!

Rick's talent extends far beyond the "OMG there's a tram crashing through the wall" cheese that most soap actors are capable of IMO (sorry, AT, for that dig at Coronation St! It's her favourite soap, made in my hometown, but I hate soaps.)
      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Lol, you say 'soap' and I immediately get a mental image of Joey from Friends hamming his way through a "dramatic" scene from 'Days of Our Lives'!

Rick's talent extends far beyond the "OMG there's a tram crashing through the wall" cheese that most soap actors are capable of IMO (sorry, AT, for that dig at Coronation St! It's her favourite soap, made in my hometown, but I hate soaps.)
        I was just quoting the commentary...
        That's another point on my to do list before going to FedCon: watch at least some General Hospital (and try to get the hands on "Legend").

And I think the soaps are even worse over here... (Really don't like them)
        Appearances may be deceiving.
        One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
        A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
        Never run with... scissors?

Comment

That's another point on my to do list before going to FedCon: watch at least some General Hospital (and try to get the hands on "Legend").

It's an interesting quote, thanks for sharing! I have a morbid curiosity to watch Rick in General Hospital just to see if it's as bad as I imagine in my head lol (although I'm guessing he maybe gave George Clooney's Dr Doug Ross a run for his money in the hotness stakes )

The only soap I ever watched was the Aussie soap 'Neighbours' which was huge here in the UK when I was at school in the 90s (to this day Dr Karl Kennedy is a legend lol, he does the Christmas panto in Aberdeen a LOT!) - it was cheesier than a wheel of Swiss gruyere... What is it with soaps and Drs?!

If you ask me, lab coats don't really do it for me (probably because I wear one myself), Fireman or Airman/Pilot RDA are hotter than RDA in a white lab coat and stethoscope ... and I don't normally like uniforms particularly. To be fair, General Hospital can't be any worse than that MacGyver movie with Brian Blessed in... Didn't mind MacGyver but I can't stand Brian Blessed. He'd go in my "Room 101" with Judi Dench and skinny jeans (I.e. A black hole never to be seen again)

Comment

Check out YouTube. I just found several episodes of GH and some Legends on there (full eps). RDA has such 80s hair! Personally, I miss soaps I think I watched almost every one at some point but GH and Guiding Light were always favorites (probably because I watched them with my grandmas growing up).
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Oh my grandmother was REALLY into soaps. I remember watching them with her when I was a kid. I was an adult before I realized that she'd change the channels during commercials so we'd be watching two at a time never seeing all of any episode. That's probably why I never understood what was going or or really learned to like them.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                Check out YouTube. I just found several episodes of GH and some Legends on there (full eps). RDA has such 80s hair! Personally, I miss soaps I think I watched almost every one at some point but GH and Guiding Light were always favorites (probably because I watched them with my grandmas growing up).
                Oooh, excellent!

Yeah my folks watched all of the main British ones when I was growing up. Can't say they ever stuck with me as an adult. My parents' lasting impression on my taste in the arts is Stargate & Star Trek (Dad) and 90s Britpop, Oasis & Nirvana (Mum).

Edit: Nice pants, Dr Webber! That turtleneck sweater is worthy of Daniel lol! For cryin' out loud, my evening has descended into trash tv. I started by watching POV and have in the space of three hours sunk to pausing "VH1 Storytellers with Taylor Swift" to watch "General Hospital" - ironically both of which had a similar theme ...'we are, like, never ever ever getting back together'!

Meanwhile, I think my muse is off with the cool kids listening to Pharrell Williams and watching Breaking Bad.
                Last edited by AmberLM; 20 May 2014, 03:06 PM.

Comment

OMG, I just noticed that in Pol's Campfires cartoon of SG-1 sitting around a campfire, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c are all gazing at the sky. Jack is gazing at Sam with his baseball cap on so that we don't see! #adorable!

http://hitostargate.deviantart.com/a.../9838251&qo=11

Comment

Ah, 90s Britpop. Hello 90s...I really miss you.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                      Ah, 90s Britpop. Hello 90s...I really miss you.
                      Me too! Music was better, TV was better, university was free, you could actually get a job when you graduated that wasn't working in the drive-thru at MacDonalds getting paid £3 an hour... I want the 90s back. Now.

Comment

Well, University wasn't free here, but it was a damn sight more affordable. As to the rest of that hear hear!

Comment

I actually used to watch "General Hospital" when RDA was on it. My babysitters got me started watching it. I must have had a thing about the name "Rick" because I had a crush on Rick Springfield (who was on at the same time) and RDA both lol. And, yes, I even remember some of the storylines! lol
                          Now, I have to go looking for "Legend" vids, because I haven't seen any of them.

Don't feel bad, Amber, I never noticed that about the deviantart, either.

Comment

And don't forget the fashion too. Clothes that actually fit ie no skinny jeans, muffin tops, sagging pants, ridiculous heels etc etc.

Comment

Yeah, it's awesome art, isn't it? I emailed him/her through the Deviant Art site for permission and didn't get any response, though, if you look closely, you can see Hito's name in the art in my sig. I wanted to be sure s/he was credited. I sure wish I had done it!

Pol

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                              OMG, I just noticed that in Pol's Campfires cartoon of SG-1 sitting around a campfire, Sam, Daniel and Teal'c are all gazing at the sky. Jack is gazing at Sam with his baseball cap on so that we don't see! #adorable!

http://hitostargate.deviantart.com/a.../9838251&qo=11
                              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

I quite Hito's artwork and he/she is a shipper judging by all the other artwork she/he has published. I just wonder if someone has translated her/his fanfic from French to English.
                                No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
                                It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Working...
                                X