Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    I take it you don't have one of those fancy sewing machines that does stitching? My brother-in-law has one of those, and has made some beautiful pieces of what I consider to be art.

I've often thought about trying to make a quilt that's Stargate related, but I've never come across any quilt fabric that could be in any way related to it. I suppose I could always take some of the photos from various episodes, print them on fabric and then work them into some sort of design. Hmmmm ... I may just have given myself an idea to try out.
    Go for it!

Nope, I have a small simple sewing machine but most of my stuff is hand-stitched. I'm not that good but I'm slowly getting better I hope.
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      There's also some Scottish and a bit of Native American heritage in the mix, too.
      Well "Anderson" is a Scottish clan (well, they have an official tartan anyway but presumably has some link to the Scandinavian variation of "Andersen")

I can see the Native American thing, maybe.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Go for it!

Nope, I have a small simple sewing machine but most of my stuff is hand-stitched. I'm not that good but I'm slowly getting better I hope.
        I love quilting. I've made quite a few quilts over the years. I was on a quilt website the other day (equilter.com), and let myself get carried away with liking too many pieces of fabric, and wound up ordering a bundle of fabrics that I now have to decide what to do with.

Comment

Who was the "official" Stargate fandom quilter who made the quilt that appeared in Sam's house in season 5 and used to make quilts for the con auctions? Was it Mumsey? I seem to remember it was one of the GABIT team (or maybe I just made that up :s)

Comment

Who was the "official" Stargate fandom quilter who made the quilt that appeared in Sam's house in season 5 and used to make quilts for the con auctions? Was it Mumsey? I seem to remember it was one of the GABIT team (or maybe I just made that up :s)
            I'm pretty sure it was one of the GABIT organizers. They didn't accept any quilts (to be auctioned) made by others than the GABIT people.

Comment

New Campfire.

Enjoy.

PS, if you're on the S/J ficrec thread, sorry for the doubling.

Edit: Oops, wrong post copied/pasted. Fixed it.
              Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

It was Becky from GABIT.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                  It was Becky from GABIT.
                  I figured if anyone knew it would be you
                  sigpic
                  GO NEWMAN! 31!

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    New Campfire.

Enjoy.

PS, if you're on the S/J ficrec thread, sorry for the doubling.

Edit: Oops, wrong post copied/pasted. Fixed it.
                    Loved it! That was something from the episode that stuck in my mind as well. I'll leave a decent comment on FF in the morning, after coffee has kicked in.

Comment

amanda said this while in australia - March 28, 2014

As soon as she returns to Canada, Tapping will jump into filming a comedy sitcom and will then direct several episodes for what she calls the "next big sci-fi extravaganza", Olympus. And though she admits her work on Stargate is now in the past, she would "never say never" to the right follow-up.

"There is still an opportunity for a cool Stargate movie that pools together all the series from the franchise," Tapping says.

there's still an opportunity! and an opportunity for s/j closure... *hopes*

yes, i know i already posted this here in march, but i wanted to do it again.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

*looks in, sees it's quiet*

Runs nekkid!!!!!!!!!
                        Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                        If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Today I was going through some very old school files and found something nice:
                          When bored in class I used to make up characters for... nothing, I just love(d) getting names and character traits and history together... turns out I had one character named Sam O'Neill in there. Years before I had even heard of Stargate... It just made me kind of happy today.

And a little tidbit I noticed in "Broca": when the team first comes into the Minoan hall and they chat before getting into the important stuff, just before they start walking, Jack kind of "hits" Sam with his cap... like some friendly little bickery beat in the scene. Really tiny nad unimportant, but the first time I've seen the ep on a bigger screen and noticed that...
                          Last edited by nilo2207; 24 April 2014, 01:38 PM.
                          Appearances may be deceiving.
                          One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                          A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                          Never run with... scissors?

Comment

Originally posted by nilo2207 View Post
                            Today I was going through some very old school files and found something nice:
                            When bored in class I used to make up characters for... nothing, I just love(d) getting names and character traits and histroy together... turns out I had one character named Sam O'Neill in there. Years before I had even heard of Stargate... It just made me kind of happy today.
                            So married! Nilo, who can apparently see the future, just confirmed it

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
                              So married! Nilo, who can apparently see the future, just confirmed it
                              I think that they're married by this point, don't you?
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                I think that they're married by this point, don't you?
                                It's headcanon. By that I mean that I'll fire my head out of a cannon if it isn't true.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Working...
                                X