No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bannerfans_10952220.jpg Days left to prompt!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Something I'm working on.

Hoping to produce 4 magazines a year - more if I have shippers keen to write 'articles' for me. The first magazine will be posted on ship-day.

I've got a section called 'Con-Watch' planned in the hope that I can get shippers who go to the cons to write a piece on them.

I'm hoping to include pictures, manips, caption stories, puzzles/games, Amara's Challenge Highlights.

Anyone that wants to help please let me know.
      Last edited by neverendingimagination; 20 April 2014, 05:41 PM.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

That's brilliant, nei! I love that idea!

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
          Something I'm working on.

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y389/neverendingimagination2/Penguin-Magazine-Issue-1-Cover-FORUM_zps91f6e6c1.jpg

Hoping to produce 4 magazines a year - more if I have shippers keen to write 'articles' for me. The first magazine will be posted on ship-day.

I've got a section called 'Con-Watch' planned in the hope that I can get shippers who go to the cons to write a piece on them.

I'm hoping to include pictures, manips, caption stories, puzzles/games, Amara's Challenge Highlights.

Anyone that wants to help please let me know.
          Love this idea, and I love the cover there. I hope you won't mind a little teeeny correction. In the orange circle, you have "Let, General Jack O'Neill", and it should be "Lt. General Jack O'Neill". Please don't throw tomatoes at me.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Love this idea, and I love the cover there. I hope you won't mind a little teeeny correction. In the orange circle, you have "Let, General Jack O'Neill", and it should be "Lt. General Jack O'Neill". Please don't throw tomatoes at me.
            Thanks for the heads up Hedwig, luckily I can change it easily. I thought it looked odd, but couldn't work out why.

Maybe you should be my proof reader
            Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Eeek 3.25 am - I've been working on that cover for 3 hours nearly *faints*
              Obviously very distracted by it - I'd better go to bed.

Night night xoxo

Comment

Excellent idea, nei

Comment

That's a really awesome idea!
                  I'm not sure I'd be good at it, but I'm going to FedCon in May, depending on how much I can focus in face of all the awesomeness, I could maybe contribute...something.
                  Speaking of it, anyone else here going to see 3/4 of SG1 in Düsseldorf?

I've now reached Season 7 in my runthrough of SG1, the thing about S6 that's stuck with me is the LOOKS. Even if there isn't much obvious shippyness, almost every episode has some look of amusement or concern or... other stuff... it's been the greatest joy spotting them.
                  What I also found interesting was the very first scene of "Forsaken". There's the obvious flirtation at the telescope, but right at the start you hear Jack sing... just a little. Apparently it's the second line from Monty Pythons "Sit on my face", which goes "and tell me that you love me" I think it's kind of nice that we got to hear that at the beginning of a J-S scene...
                  (Of course the rest of the song is quite... Monty Python - meaning inapropriate, which is... British - meaning really awesome. Weird thing for Jack to sing, especially in Sam's presence...)

And my last point:
                  One great channel over here has started airing MacGyver, which made me listen to the theme quite a lot and wonder how anyone could forget it - of course I'm referencing the elevator scene from "Chimera". That got me thinking that it would have been nicer having Sam hum the MacGyver theme, it would have made some kind of Meta-connection to Jack...
                  I don't really know where I'm going with this, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
                  Appearances may be deceiving.
                  One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                  A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                  Never run with... scissors?

Comment

Uhn I may me wrong but I think AT was supposed to hum the MacGyver theme but she didn't remember it.

And I am going to FedCon!
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                      [IMG]http://an-c.dk/at/gateworld/continuum-what-moonbase.jpg[IMG]

So, tonight I finally finished the task of giffing my way through Stargate Continuum - a project that began on May 9 last year(!)

What's with the moon base? A secret code for a new cabin they're going to build together?
                      I wish! I think it was supposed to be a continuity lead-in for the proposed SGA movie. Rumor has it that Atlantis was to be on the far side of the moon after they came back from Pegasus, so the "moon base" plans were probably modified based on that.

Or maybe it was code.

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                      Since I'm in such a rebellious mood....I wrote this at work tonight, hehehe I'll post my entry for the Dress Blues WOS Challenge.

I was bored - as I had nothing to do until the managers brought me stuff to do (counting tills etc) and Whitney Houston's I wanna dance with somebody came on our music system.... and I thought of this...

Then I saw SCIMM posting the Dress Blues challenge and I thought, Oooh this could work for that too! BONUS!

I'll post it wherever later, but for now....

Spoiler:
                      She stepped back instinctively, her hand tightening around the glass she was holding. She forced a smile at the man before her.

He took another step towards her.

She stepped back again, hoping he would get the hint.

He was about to take another step towards her, his mouth opening to speak, when a hand appeared before her.

She had never been more relieved to see that hand. She looked up into her commanding officers eyes and smiled. He smirked back.

“Mind if I steal Carter away, Peters?” he asked as his young second placed her hand in his outstretched one. He took the empty glass from her other hand and handed it to the chest fallen Major.

“Sorry Carter,” he said as she led her to the dance floor. “You looked as though you needed saving.”

He pulled her to him and placed one hand on her waist and held her other hand in his at his shoulder height. His eyes glanced at her Captain's insignia.

“Very much appreciated, Sir,” she smiled at him as she lay her hand on his shoulder beside his eagle.

Even though she had only known him for a year, she knew one day those eagles would be replaced with stars.

“Want to leave yet?” he asked as he gently led them around the dance floor. He hated boring Air Force gatherings. He hated playing nice with politicians.

“Yeah,” she breathed a laugh in response. She was bored too.

“Me too,” he nodded, his eyes scanning the room before meeting hers.

He felt something click inside him. He smiled awkwardly. He did not have unprofessional feelings for his second.

She smiled back.

He was so screwed.

Now we're here.

“What?” she asked, a small smile on her face.

“Nothing,” he whispered before kissing her forehead. “Just remembering the first time we danced together.”

“I love you,” she whispered back as they gently swayed to the music, surprised that he would remember something like that given all they had been through together.

“I love you too,” he smiled as he brought her left hand down from around his neck to kiss her fingers, just below her new wedding ring.

He dress was smooth beneath his other hand. A dress that fit her perfectly and hugged all the right places.

She stroked a glistening silver star on his shoulder before winding her arm around his neck again. She knew he would wear stars one day.
                      Oh, I love it!!!

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                      Happy Easter everyone!

Does anyone know which ep this is from? I found it on Pinterest: it's so cute!

[IMG]http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/y388/AmberLM1988/SJ/imagejpg1_zps686d0419.jpg[IMG]
                      Yeah, I was gonna say S7 too. But man, Jack's hair is so fluffy in this pic!

Comment

Originally posted by nilo2207 View Post
                        What I also found interesting was the very first scene of "Forsaken". There's the obvious flirtation at the telescope, but right at the start you hear Jack sing... just a little. Apparently it's the second line from Monty Pythons "Sit on my face", which goes "and tell me that you love me" I think it's kind of nice that we got to hear that at the beginning of a J-S scene...
                        (Of course the rest of the song is quite... Monty Python - meaning inapropriate, which is... British - meaning really awesome. Weird thing for Jack to sing, especially in Sam's presence
                        The first time I saw that ep my first reaction was "Holy cream crackers, is he actually singing what I *think* he's singing at Sam?! Jack, I didn't realise you had such a dirty mind!" ... Hell, who am I kidding? Of course Jack does
                        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by nilo2207 View Post
                          I've now reached Season 7 in my runthrough of SG1, the thing about S6 that's stuck with me is the LOOKS. Even if there isn't much obvious shippyness, almost every episode has some look of amusement or concern or... other stuff... it's been the greatest joy spotting them.
                          (Of course the rest of the song is quite... Monty Python - meaning inapropriate, which is... British - meaning really awesome. Weird thing for Jack to sing, especially in Sam's presence...)
                          That was fun! I just went and rewatched that entire scene. I'm at work, so I was trying not to crack up laughing.

You can also hear Jack singing in "Urgo" when he influences them all to start singing "Row your boat".

And my last point:
                          One great channel over here has started airing MacGyver, which made me listen to the theme quite a lot and wonder how anyone could forget it - of course I'm referencing the elevator scene from "Chimera". That got me thinking that it would have been nicer having Sam hum the MacGyver theme, it would have made some kind of Meta-connection to Jack...
                          I don't really know where I'm going with this, but that just happens to be how I feel about it. What do you think?
                          Judging by that last line, that you've watched "Window of Opportunity" a lot lately.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                            Uhn I may me wrong but I think AT was supposed to hum the MacGyver theme but she didn't remember it.

And I am going to FedCon!
                            Well, that's my point, hearing it over and over I don't "get" how one could forget the MacGyver theme (of course Amanda doesn't listen to it all day, this is just my phase of overexitement for the "new" TV-show), but I kind of thought it would have been nicer if she had remembered...

I assume you're going to be there all weekend? I'm really exited for the 3/4 of SG1 panel and photoshoot...

EDIT:
                            I couldn't help myself... wherever I can get in a reference to WOO
                            Appearances may be deceiving.
                            One man's ceiling is another man's floor.
                            A fool's paradise is a wise man's hell.
                            Never run with... scissors?

Comment

I will stay from Wednesday to Monday
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I saw this and thought of Sam (and Jack lol)

Spoiler:

Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Working...
                                X