No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The good news is, after this afternoon, I finally have a Valenship fic. It's not very good.. but it counts

Comment

From your list.. one wonders where you live now...? I'm in Wisconsin, BTW. And after watching parts of the game at work, it's confirmed... I have *NO* idea how the game is played and, despite having had the rules explained to me more times than I can count, will almost certainly continue to do so for ever. Which is funny, cause I actually have a pretty good grasp of quantum physics... Football is just mind boggling, but I think that's cause there's a little voice in the back of my mind asking, "Why?" every time someone explains one of the rules. Which is a plot bunny I haven't even the football understanding to begin to write... Jack watching football and Sam trying desperately to understand how it's played cause her science trained brain can't understand such completely illogical and random rules...
      Where I live now?

Spoiler:
      After a sizable stint in Hawaii (almost 15 years), I landed in Arizona. But in high school in HI, I sat through five years of football games with the marching band (starting in 8th grade) but never did figure it out. It wasn't until I married a football fan that I learned the rules. Other than a stint in Argentina, I haven't lived anywhere else.

And I get the "why", but unless you really like the game, you don't. So. . . . my personal opinion is unless the Vikings or Broncos were playing, Jack wouldn't really care, because he's more of a hockey fan. Unless I'm mistaken (which has happened here recently several times. . .), the only time he mentions football is in the video message to the future in Moebius, which I attribute to more people knowing football than hockey, and that's why he talks about it rather than Lord Stanley's cup. Just MHO.

Congrats on the valenship fic!
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm just starting to work on my Valenship stuff
        I should have some done in time
        sigpic
        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
          American Football is the only sport I watch (NFL). I like Peyton Manning and because the Saints beat my Vikings :: shakes fist in rage :: I'm rooting for the Colts. O.O Er and to keep this on topic...

Sam: Wait, wait, so they can get penalized for "excessive celebration"?
          Jack: Yeah. It's about good sportmanship...
          Sam: Of course, wouldn't want to hurt anyone's feelings. And they slap each other's butts?
          Jack: Sure, comaraderie... wait, I didn't say anything about fee--
          Sam: And some of them actually CRY when they lose?
          Jack: It's a very stressful... for crying out loud would you let me watch the game?
          Sam: So theoretically back when I was contemplating marrying Pete and was trying to gauge your emotions, if I had dressed up in a jersey and tight pants and challenged you to a game, when I won, you would have tearfully confessed your undying love? :: smiles sweetly ::
          Jack: :: raises eyebrow :: If you had dressed up in a jersey and tight pants you wouldn't have even needed to get past the first play to --
          Sam: I was talking about *feelings* not feeling things...
          Jack: Oh look, I think I need another beer. Maybe you should go look into putting on some of those tight pants...

Soccer OT:
          Spoiler:
          WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLDDDDDDD!!!!
          ahah, I like soccer even though I usually don't watch many matches on TV....but it has been amazing when Italy won the World Championship cos all the people celebrated it in the streets! Especially cos we defeated our French "cousins"
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

Soccer OT:
            Spoiler:
            WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLDDDDDDD!!!!
            ahah, I like soccer even though I usually don't watch many matches on TV....but it has been amazing when Italy won the World Championship cos all the people celebrated it in the streets! Especially cos we defeated our French "cousins"
            OT:
            Spoiler:
            For now...The Netherlands defeated you on the European Tournament last time...and we also defeated France

Only after that, in Dutch fashion, we sucked.

As for people who are considering not leaving the gutter anymore, I truly love to hear that, but be warned that you could turn out to get a little bit...wrinkled
            sigpic

Comment

Valenship is coming and I still haven't started yet

Need more time off!!!!!!
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                Valenship is coming and I still haven't started yet

Need more time off!!!!!!
                *hugs* Me neither...plus I'm doing all other sorts of things instead of working on Valenship. Is it bad when I say that I work the best when I'm on school supposedly following classes
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                  *hugs* Me neither...plus I'm doing all other sorts of things instead of working on Valenship. Is it bad when I say that I work the best when I'm on school supposedly following classes

No bad at all I remember being really creative on lectures
                  sigpic

Comment

Soccer OT:
                    Spoiler:
                    My team is The Netherlands (yes, I know is ramdom; it's all my cousin's fault ) but I have to say that I was happy that Italy won and France got second (I would have been happy the other way around too). It's so cool when the underdogs rise up

On topic: Valenship stuff is coming along slowly...
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

No bad at all I remember being really creative on lectures
                      The ideas teachers give you... Although I know for sure that sometimes they're not happy with that!

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                      Soccer OT:
                      Spoiler:
                      My team is The Netherlands (yes, I know is ramdom; it's all my cousin's fault ) but I have to say that I was happy that Italy won and France got second (I would have been happy the other way around too). It's so cool when the underdogs rise up

On topic: Valenship stuff is coming along slowly...
                      Have to smile at that first statement...
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                        The ideas teachers give you... Although I know for sure that sometimes they're not happy with that!
                        Yeah, there is something about their voice that makes your wander to this corners of your imagination you've never visited before
                        sigpic

Comment

yeah, there is something about their voice that makes your wander to this corners of your imagination you've never visited before
                          sigpic
                          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Yeah, there is something about their voice that makes your wander to this corners of your imagination you've never visited before
                            you sound like Bren
                            sigpic
                            thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                              Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                              you sound like Bren
                              I'll take it as a compliment
                              sigpic

Comment

Or you wander to your favorite corner of your imagination all the time
                                Then again there are two times teachers try to "educate" me and I always wander back to reading fanfiction or PSing(I write everything on my laptop)...those times are btw 8:30 in the morning(which means I have to get up at 5:30 because of the traveltime to school and my slowness in the morning) and 16:30...I get hungry thus I can't focus on boring things...
                                Really...even when you do *choose* for a certain college/uni it stays boring*sigh*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X