Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
    Lol! Well i have hobbit feet, very wide at the front, narrow at the back i have to have the widest pointe shoe they make and with no padding so anything is an improvement on that! I would love to have normal width feet so i can wear pretty shoes without them crushing my feet.

Amanda also has very long legs and is very elf-like. I'm hobbit sized ao, again, jealous. On the plus side Teryl is about my height
    I wear a size 10 or 11 depending on the shoe...I know what you're saying. I also have 2 toes that are slightly webbed on my right foot. It's a family trait that only some of us seem to have. It's not really noticeable unless you look at both of my feet together.

And speaking of Sam and her nail polish...has anyone ever noticed that her hands are always well manicured. For a soldier she has some great nails!
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
      And speaking of Sam and her nail polish...has anyone ever noticed that her hands are always well manicured. For a soldier she has some great nails!
      OMG I noticed that and it is so unbelievable! Even with the supposedly long-lasting nail polish, I never manage to not get the nail polish to partly split off during the day - and I'm just cleaning the house, typing and and the like. Back when I was still working at a restaurant it was even worse.

Sam's a soldier! With all the work she does - with weapons and her little doohickeys, crawling through the dirt, etc - it is impossible. Unless she does her nails at least every day - or every few hours.

I think that's one of the aspects, where the actress Amanda collided with her character Sam.
      sigpic

Comment

In the interests of gender equality, Rick might not wear nail polish but his hands are pretty well-manicured too!
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

I don't find it unbelievable at all that her nails (and Jack's) are well maintained. I know plenty of people who do hard labor where they get their hands dirty, but they take care of their nails at the end of the day.

Heck, my own nail always look pretty good too. They hardly ever tear and nail polish tends to stay on for at least a week if I've applied it properly, the pale/invisible colors even longer.
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            I don't find it unbelievable at all that her nails (and Jack's) are well maintained. I know plenty of people who do hard labor where they get their hands dirty, but they take care of their nails at the end of the day.
            No, I guess you're right, it's not unbelievable.

It's just a lot of work, and with all the all-nighters they pull - and the days at a timethey spend off-world - it would be a bit of a bother. But at least for women there are manicures that stay on longer - with gel nails, etc. So I guess it's not that hard to believe.
            sigpic

Comment

http://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...ps122287d1.jpghttp://i1272.photobucket.com/albums/...psa2e8cc45.jpg

In the interests of gender equality, Rick might not wear nail polish but his hands are pretty well-manicured too!
              The man's just got great hands, period.
              Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I'm so far behind on these it's not funny. I have the songs picked out and the scenes I want in my head, but I probably won't catch up until Spring Break. Working on getting into Grad School and the hubby has been in the hospital for a week. GAH! This thread brings me a little happiness throughout the day though. Love reading the posts.
                Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post

Welcome! This week’s challenge is:

Word/Phrase Challenge: Dreams

This week’s challenge was inspired by a single word or phrase. The word or phrase doesn’t have to appear in your response, but it should inspire it.

How does it work?
                • A new challenge/prompt will be posted on Wednesday
                • Responses should be self-contained stories (no word minimum or limit unless length was specified as part of the challenge) that take place in one chapter (or art/vid if that’s what strikes your fancy). Works can be shared as soon as they’re ready. Post your work at your archive of choice, website, journal, etc. or behind spoiler tags within the thread. (If you want to hold your submission back until the master post, that’s fine too.)
                • The challenge closes the following Tuesday at 2200 GMT (that’s 5:00p EST)
                • PM a link to your challenge response to Amara D’Angeli. Tuesday evenings, links to all the responses for each challenge will be collected together into one post for easy navigation.

So…

What do you do if you break the “rules”?
                So you didn’t quite hit a word count or you didn’t adhere on a structure challenge. Maybe a setting challenge worked better for you if you interpreted it loosely. Don’t worry! It’s all good. Submit your response anyway. (We totally want to see it!)

Have an idea for a WOS prompt?
                Let us know and we’ll put it in the rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by Robinbishop1231 View Post
                  I'm so far behind on these it's not funny. I have the songs picked out and the scenes I want in my head, but I probably won't catch up until Spring Break. Working on getting into Grad School and the hubby has been in the hospital for a week. GAH! This thread brings me a little happiness throughout the day though. Love reading the posts.
                  Don't worry - nobody's going to kick you out of the club.

Sending happy get well thoughts for Mr. Robin and lots of positive vibes for grad school applications. Sounds like you've got A LOT on your plate!

Comment

Prompt 2: chocolate

Spoiler:

“Carter why are you already up? Your watch doesn’t start for another twenty minutes.”

“I know Sir but I woke and a smell of chocolate reached me.” She replied pointing at the mug in his hands.

“Do you want a cup of it?”

“Oh yes please, Sir. It’s so cold this night.”

They efficiently worked together and in a few minutes Sam was sat next to him slowly sipping her hot cocoa. Their comfortable silence was broken by Jack.

“You know Carter, Teal’c once told me he about an article he read on a magazine where they associated different personalities with flavours of chocolate.”

Sam raised an eyebrow giving a good imitation of the Jaffa so Jack continued to speak.

“Yeah take Teal’c for example. He’s like a milk chocolate bar filled with caramel.”

“Care to explain it, Sir?” she asked.

“It’s obvious Carter. He looks tough and strong but inside him there is a soft heart.”

She smiled and said “What about Daniel?”

“Ah Danny-Boy is like a vanilla white chocolate. I mean, it’s good but you can take it only in small doses before the sweet taste starts to annoy you.”

“What about you?”

“Me Carter? Well you tell me!” he replied.

She thought for a moment biting her lower lip and then she answered.

“Dark chocolate with red pepper and fine spice.” Hot and dangerous she thought.

She saw a smirk on his face and she hoped he hadn’t noticed the blush on her cheeks.

“Well it’s time I go to sleep Carter. Thanks for keeping me company.”

He stood and started moving towards his tent so she quickly stopped him.

“Sir! What about me?”

“You Carter? Certainly chocolate-covered coffee beans.”

She narrowed her eyebrows trying without success to understand the meaning of his words.
                    He slowly walked away but after a few steps he turned and locked eyes with her.

“Chocolate-covered coffee beans Carter. Because they are strong, tasty and make the heart race.”

He entered into his tent leaving a speechless but smiling Sam near the campfire.

Last edited by XFchemist; 12 February 2014, 12:37 PM.
                    sigpic
                    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

The man's just got great hands, period.
                      Indeed! They're so elegant. Beautiful piano player's hands.

He is a very handsome man, gorgeous eyes, rufflable hair, yummy arms, broad shoulders, long neck, trim waist... I think he bulked up a bit for stargate, if you look at him when he was younger he was quite skinny.
                      Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Indeed! They're so elegant. Beautiful piano player's hands.

He is a very handsome man, gorgeous eyes, rufflable hair, yummy arms, broad shoulders, long neck, trim waist... I think he bulked up a bit for stargate, if you look at him when he was younger he was quite skinny.
                        Yes, they are *quite* nice!
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I've been reading a bunch of fics lately (as if that's anything new) and I peeved on something and it got me thinking… What would we include or ban if we were going to build the perfect fanfic?

All I know for sure is I could live the rest of my life without reading another "Call me Jack," "Only if you call me Sam!" conversation. :roll eyes: Yep! Definitely on the Ban List.

Comment

I can't really think of anything specific atm, but anything cheesy.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

sigpic

----------
                              FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I've been reading a bunch of fics lately (as if that's anything new) and I peeved on something and it got me thinking… What would we include or ban if we were going to build the perfect fanfic?

All I know for sure is I could live the rest of my life without reading another "Call me Jack," "Only if you call me Sam!" conversation. :roll eyes: Yep! Definitely on the Ban List.
                                I think I know what you mean with that. It has bothered me too, but I realized that only now when I read your post and in my head went like "Oh my God YES".
                                Yes, I don't like it, because it always sounds so forced!

I don't know about you gueys, but I can well see Jack and Sam keep adressing each other as Carter and Sir even when their dating - at least in the beginning. (Think about episode "200" with the wedding scene. Yes, it was a fictional wedding scene, but Carter called him Sir in front of the alter even.)
                                I just think it would take a while. Not because it says anything about their feelings, but because that is how they have come to love each other - as "Carter" and "O'Neill". FOR EIGHT YEARS.
                                Kinda like Mulder and Scully. Even when they got together after season 8, they still called each other Mulder and Scully throughout the entire season 9. (I think Mulder called her Dana a couple of times, but she always called him Mulder.) I don't think it's that much of a big deal.

So stories where it's all about the forced "Call me Jack/Call me Sam" thing just feel a bit unnatural to me. But that's just me.

Okay, my fic pet peeve. I don't know, but I just always cringe when I read that Jack and Sam give each other pet names - or call each other 'baby' or 'babe'. I just... I don't know... they're not the "baby" kind of people - at least that's my perception. So I could live without ever reading Jack call Sam 'baby' again.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X