No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I haven't finished my First Time series yet but am up to season 8. Figured I can finish it up tomorrow on Shipmas itself since I'm going to be sharing them throughout the day anyway. The additional chapters for Soldier On aren't done yet either, but I will be sharing the story (which I wrote for SCIMM for Secret Santa). Don't know yet if I'll be sharing it in its entirety (either the first version or the second one with a different ending) on the day itself or just post a few chapters and do the rest in the following days.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to see what everyone else has made!
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

in lieu of shipmas, i present you with this.

you sure we have to do this shipmas thing?

it is in our honor, Jack. the shippers have been doing this for quite some time, you should be used to it.

i know. just for the record though...we don't have to be there right? cause i had other plans for us.

let me guess.. the cabin?

no. let me call you back.

I knew it.

Comment

That's Jack alright.
        Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
        My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

I have something for Shipmas. I just need to transfer it from paper to laptop...
          sigpic
          Sig made by Nola
          Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Making cocoa oat truffles

I just looked up the recipe for these They sound wonderful. I wonder if I could substitute soy butter for almond butter? My daughter is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I'm going to the store tomorrow for cookie supplies
            sigpic

----------
            FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Allergic to peanuts? How badly?
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

the countdown to shipmas should be shown to the ptb AND mgm!

(((sam/jack and the shippers)))
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                  Making cocoa oat truffles

I just looked up the recipe for these They sound wonderful. I wonder if I could substitute soy butter for almond butter? My daughter is allergic to peanuts and tree nuts. I'm going to the store tomorrow for cookie supplies
                  I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's allergy, having to avoid certain food groups really is annoying

Here's the recipe we've been using since I was a kid:
                  Spoiler:

500 g rolled oats
                  250 g butter
                  125 g cocoa
                  250 g sugar
                  2-3 dl not too warm coffee
                  almond essence

I'll be making this year's supply on Monday

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                    I'm sorry to hear about your daughter's allergy, having to avoid certain food groups really is annoying

Here's the recipe we've been using since I was a kid:
                    Spoiler:

500 g rolled oats
                    250 g butter
                    125 g cocoa
                    250 g sugar
                    2-3 dl not too warm coffee
                    almond essence

I'll be making this year's supply on Monday
                    I'm gonna try your recipe, minus the almond of course
                    sigpic

----------
                    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

I'd substitue it with Vanilla extract/essence Skully or a few drops more coffee.

Who is going to be around tomorrow? Can I PM someone a link to my new video so you can post on my behalf? I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make it.

Spoiler:

I'm traveling to my cousin's wedding tomorrow, and meeting with family, then its the wedding on Sunday, and traveling back on Monday.
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                        I'm gonna try your recipe, minus the almond of course
                        Enjoy nei's advice about adding vanilla sounds like a good idea, if your daughter is allergic to almond essence as well

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                        I'd substitue it with Vanilla extract/essence Skully or a few drops more coffee.

Who is going to be around tomorrow? Can I PM someone a link to my new video so you can post on my behalf? I can't guarantee that I'll be able to make it.

Spoiler:

I'm traveling to my cousin's wedding tomorrow, and meeting with family, then its the wedding on Sunday, and traveling back on Monday.
                        I'll be around most of the day and will gladly post the video for you

Comment

Thanks SCIMM, I really appreciate it.
                          Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                          If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

3 hours and 5 minutes till show time.

Comment

soon...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                                Enjoy nei's advice about adding vanilla sounds like a good idea, if your daughter is allergic to almond essence as well
                                OOh, I like the idea. I love vanilla! I'll try it and let you know what happens

So, everyone always writes fics that talk about Sam being a bad cook. But, she actually contradicts herself when it comes to that topic. In Emancipation she says she can't cook, but in Forsaken she says she "makes a mean souffle." She must improve her skills somewhere along the line. LOL...I just had an image of her doing that whole walk through the Joy of Cooking on team nights, like in Julie and Julia

Ok, I am really sleep deprived cuz now I'm giggling over picturing her and Jack in matching elf hats and aprons...oh boy.
                                sigpic

----------
                                FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Working...
                                X