No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually find the ending of Avenger extremely shippy. It's not spotlighted so as to make it obvious, but Jack stole the ship and traveled who knows how far across the galaxy upon learning Sam was stuck on that planet. We might not have seen all his desperation and fear for her as we do in other episodes (like Death Knell or Grace), but somehow for me the way he does it, showing up rather like the cavalry at the last minute with no fanfare as though it were the most obvious thing in the world, and that it's accepted so matter-of-factly not only by Sam but by Teal'c as well, makes it almost more romantic than those other times. In addition, while many of the other 'rescues' fell under the idea of 'leave no man behind', technically this wasn't one of those because there was no reason to assume Sam was in immediate trouble she (or someone at the SGC) would be unable to get her out of. It was simply Jack's concern for her and need to be there himself which drove him....

*happy sigh*
    I AGREE!

And Grace--longsuffering sigh here--Grace.
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Think's happy thoughts:

Spoiler:
      No.. that's Jack thinking happy thoughts.. and I'm not sure those count as 'thoughts'.

Oh look:
      Spoiler:
      She can smile too! Those definitely aren't thoughts, though.

Right. This, then:
      Spoiler:
      And who ever said scratching it wouldn't work?

EDIT: OMG.. did I just soothe angst with fluff and gutter? Why yes, yes I did....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        'Tis now

Also, that link includes one of the commentaries from SGA - the one with MW and AT as I think that's the 'stronger' one
        *headdesk* I didn't saw that vid But I like reading the transcripts as well! And I so love AT and MW's commentaries*happy sigh*

And... Oooh!!! WMP just decided to watch Reckoning 2 the last scene of which, IMHO, may be the angstiest scene ever *sigh* Though the look he shoots her at the very end of the teaser is fairly heartbreaking, too.

((Jack))

EDIT: Itch you can't scratch, eh? You can almost see how being in the same room with her just hurts.
        Is it bad when I say I can't remember that scene! I really must watch it when I come back from work tonight!

but you know, thinking of S8. I actually think that except for the last few episodes(threads/Moebius) it isn't shippy or more anti-shippy. I always saw S5 as the least shippiest season(not thinking of S9 and S10 in here) but actually IMHO S8 isn't that shippy either.
        *still loooooooves S7 as her favorite shippy season*
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
          I AGREE!

And Grace--longsuffering sigh here--Grace.
          Did you mention Grace?

Gotta love my addiction to this kiss
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
            but you know, thinking of S8. I actually think that except for the last few episodes(threads/Moebius) it isn't shippy or more anti-shippy. I always saw S5 as the least shippiest season(not thinking of S9 and S10 in here) but actually IMHO S8 isn't that shippy either.
            *still loooooooves S7 as her favorite shippy season*
            I actually think there's a repetition of the S4/S5 pattern with S7/S8. In S4/S7 Sam and Jack get *very* close until something happens (Upgrades then Entity/Grace) to make Jack back-off which leads to S5/S8 in which he is. Only by S8 Sam has decided she's not going to simply sit around and wait for a life and so the added impetus of a timer, so to speak, and the fact he's losing her anyway not only personally but professionally (as they're not on the same team working together in the same way). So while I agree S8 isn't necessarily as 'shipppy' on the surface, I think there are some terribly angsty moments and glances when the pain of losing each other bleeds through their facades and you can just feel their pain.

((Jack)) ((Sam))

/hits them both upside the head for being every so slightly dysfunctional... but I've lost neither a child nor a parent so haven't really the right to judge.

And you think of the Grace kiss.. I think of this:

Hope and
            Pain

EDIT: Oye. Depressed myself again... goes to stare at Grace kiss and imagine it coming shortly after this:

"Moonbase? We don't need to stinkin' Moonbase..."
            Last edited by JenniferJF; 06 February 2010, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Jennifer and all--great collection of proofs! Handy for those moments when I argue about this stuff with my decidedly non-shipper spouse!
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Well, I actually think there's a repetition of the S4/S5 pattern with S7/S8. In S4/S7 Sam and Jack get *very* close until something happens (Upgrades then Entity/Grace) to make Jack back-off which leads to S5/S8 in which he is. Only by S8 Sam has decided she's not going to simply sit around and wait for a life and so the added impetus of a timer, so to speak, and the fact he's losing her anyway not only personally but professionally (as they're not on the same team working together in the same way). So while I agree S8 isn't necessarily as 'shipppy' on the surface, I think there are some terribly angsty moments and glances when the pain of losing each other bleeds through their facades and you can just feel their pain.

((Jack)) ((Sam))

/hits them both upside the head for being every so slightly dysfunctional... but I've lost neither a child nor a parent so haven't really the right to judge
                True. I think S7/S8 is just the "angstier" version(if that is possible) from S4 and S5, because their feelings run even deeper later on IMHO.

*sob* Poor S/J...oh well they're fishing now which is all that matters
                sigpic

Comment

Good catch there, Akamaimom and Jenn!
                  "Are you like, a crazy person?"
                  "I am quite sure they will say so."

Comment

Jennifer and all--great collection of proofs! Handy for those moments when I argue about this stuff with my decidedly non-shipper spouse!
                    Bless your heart. My spouse originally pointed several of them out to me... "Oh, look at Jack Jenn... guess what he just did?"

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                      Aka, I'm thinking of you and your son.

Ugh...
                      Spoiler:
                      As a favor to a friend I told her I'd upgrade her daughter's Macbook with more RAM and a bigger hard drive. 12 hours later...finally done! The kid hadn't updated anything in ages, so half the time was spent doing firmware updates!

I'm guessing ff.net is broken, as I still have not received a notice that I posted a chapter. Hmmm.
                      OH THANK HEAVENS IT'S NOT JUST ME!!!!

I posted this chapter of my latest--finally giving all these people what they'd been begging for, and hadn't heard anything! I kept thinking, "is it broken again? Or did the chapter suck?" 'Cause I'd thought it was pretty good.

And thanks, everyone for the good thoughts for my kiddo. . .
                      Spoiler:
                      I'm a big believer in positive thinking, so I really do appreciate it! He has been fine today--and the neurologist was able to get us in sooner than I'd thought, so that's a blessing. And who knows? I'm hoping that it was just a one-time deal and we won't ever have it happen again. But in the mean time, he's doing fine.

And truly--this wasn't nearly as traumatic on me as when he fell down the stairs one evening and broke both of the bones in his right forearm. He moved it while I was watching, and his knuckles touched his elbow. I almost fainted.

Thanks so much!

And I have to say, Jenn--do your kids watch Phineas and Ferb? Because your "Yes, yes it is." sounds a lot like them!
                      First - I finally got all the ff.net alerts for all of you! SKIPPY

Second - :: hugs Akamai :: There is still nothing like the fear that grips a mother's heart :: hugs hugs hugs ::

Third: I LOVE PHINEAS AND FERB (can I say that loud enough? we love it so much we watch it when our SON is asleep :: headdesk :: ) Our three year old can quote it. ("It got up and it DANCED away")

Me again. . .

Fanfic OT

Spoiler:
                      So, I hear people complaining a lot about FF.net and Heliopolis--so are there other places that people like to post their FF that is more reliable? I know a lot of people like LiveJournal, but I'm not ready to have to make my own page (YIKES!). I got a form email the other day for a place called Muse Bunny, but there aren't any other SG authors there. Where else do you all post? If this is too OT, I can move the question elsewhere, or you can PM me.
                      Oh--I'm soooooo there. WAYY OCD about this.
                      Spoiler:
                      (Review Junkie, remember?)
                      I've been noticing hits, but no reviews. So that's why I was sad. Well, there haven't been any today, I should say. Nowhere near what I've been averaging. i thought that was weird.

And Phineas and Ferb is a great show. I'm pretty particular about what they're allowed to watch, and that's definitely a family favorite.
                      I post on sandjalwaysandforever.net (er google that for the exact web address) - I'm still Twilight506 over there (as I am on LJ). Those are the only three places. Outside of that I haven't found any place that felt had a good chunk of audience I'd like to try to offer my stories as food to.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post

X-Files has been my first love and my first ship!

But now when I rewatch that episode (Avatar), it's so strange for me to see "Sam" with Skinner!

OT about Italy:
                      Spoiler:
                      I live in the north of Italy, near the custom with Switzerland and the lake of Como.
                      And...not. In winter, in all Italy it is cold and it snows sometimes (even in the centre-south of the Country).
                      I tried with X-Files, I really did but I couldn't. Ended up giving up - interestingly enough I don't know if anyone has ever seen the deleted scenes but there was one from SGA that they cut because (dang I forgot his name) played it like a flirty scene ROFL. And it did look that way and it was so weird...

OT Italy
                      Spoiler:
                      I have an aunt, uncle, and cousin that live in Switzerland - not so great with geography but does "Ticino" sound familiar?

Originally posted by starlover View Post
                      Oh I didn't knew that, but still it doesn't make me watch the show. Sorry. I just heard so many stories of the X-files about the ship not being resolved and all, or weird resolved, that I never dared to watch it...almost the same with JAG where the ship gets resolved in the last episode of the 10(!) seasons...
                      JAG OT
                      Spoiler:
                      I've been watching JAG all the way through and I'm S. 9... at least they actually ADDRESS their feelings... and believe it or not I think their lack of getting together is very character consistent. Harm has some major commitment issues we see over and over again with other women so if there were a place to pick that ship apart, I actually buy them not getting together until the very end when Harm suddenly realizes that e's got to stop being such a pretty boy

Have you seen my collected evidence?

*happy sigh*

Yeah. I think we've had confirmation But.. like you said... I totally wouldn't mind a BHK (even though I do, in fact, find them incredibly 'coupley' in Continuum.)
                      Jenn - I love your footwork here. Why can't we get doctorates in Sam/Jack? You could be a professor at our university LOL

POL - So glad to see you 'round here

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post

OT Italy
                        Spoiler:
                        I have an aunt, uncle, and cousin that live in Switzerland - not so great with geography but does "Ticino" sound familiar?

Geography OT
                        Spoiler:

of course! Ticino is the Italian-Swiss region. I live very close to it, just 15-20 min by car
                        sigpic
                        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Hmmm...

If I didn't know better, I'd swear my WMP randomized playlist was cheating. Went straight from Reck2 to Threads (was S: Veritas before that so I know it's not)

So not a complaint

Comment

Jenn - it just knows that some things need resolving
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bekki View Post
                              Jenn - it just knows that some things need resolving
                              Ah. Yes. It wanted to see the itch finally scratched? I mean, fish finally in the pond? I mean...

Look! Fishing!

(yeah. I got nuthin')

EDIT: Ouch. "I know how happy he makes you" means nothing like: "I know he makes you happy." At all... Good job, Jacob.

Comment

Ah. Yes. It wanted to see the itch finally scratched? I mean, fish finally in the pond? I mean...

Look! Fishing!

(yeah. I got nuthin')

EDIT: Ouch. "I know how happy he makes you" means nothing like: "I know he makes you happy." At all... Good job, Jacob.
                                Yes yes, so perfectly phrased.

Comment

Working...
                                X