Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
    I watched Stargate for several years before I discovered on-line fandom and Gateworld. When I did, I was very surprised of the amount of anti-ship that was out there. I can understand if people don't like it (I guess) but there are some that deny it exists! I makes me wonder if we were watching the same show!

canon ==>
    Seriously! I didn't go into the series with any kind of inkling that anything was any certain way but it was clear to me in Season One that there was a spark there!
    sigpic

----------
    FFN ----- AO3 ----------

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
      Do you have a link for this story? I'd really love to read that!!
      It's been a few years since I last read it and I've since forgotten the title plus I misremembered the author's name. I do remember that I read on the Heliopolis fanfic archive.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

created by fems & A Karswyll

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
          Seriously! I didn't go into the series with any kind of inkling that anything was any certain way but it was clear to me in Season One that there was a spark there!
          Same here! I only started watching Stargate about two years ago - and I started with the new version of the pilot. That prolonged glance and the smiles after Sam's arm wrestling challenge immediately made me go "Yeah, those two will end up together". The new pilot seems a lot shippier especially in that scene.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
            Same here! I only started watching Stargate about two years ago - and I started with the new version of the pilot. That prolonged glance and the smiles after Sam's arm wrestling challenge immediately made me go "Yeah, those two will end up together". The new pilot seems a lot shippier especially in that scene.
            You really should try to get your hands on the original pilot if you haven't seen it yet, though. The briefing room scene (and the flirting) is much smoother and their conversation/comments actually make sense because of the context. They did a horrible editing job on it, in my opinion. It's very choppy and there are bad transitions between conversation topics.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              You really should try to get your hands on the original pilot if you haven't seen it yet, though. The briefing room scene (and the flirting) is much smoother and their conversation/comments actually make sense because of the context. They did a horrible editing job on it, in my opinion. It's very choppy and there are bad transitions between conversation topics.
              I did. I got the complete box set about a year ago, and both version are on there. Both versions have their merits imo.
              The original version is rather sexist though (Kawalsky and Ferreti making that naked comment, the part with the dolls, etc.). It feels so 90s to me, where we wanted strong women on television who took a stand against men. It's that whole feminist mindset still.

The new version makes Sam look a lot better. She stands her ground without lecturing Jack about women's capabilities. I mean, if you think about it, that is such a hostile attitude. He hasn't even indicated that he is chauvinistic, and yet she immediately jumps his throat like "Oh, it's because I'm a woman, isn't it?".
              I think they solved that much nicer in the final cut. She still makes a clear stand, but without getting all over him about discriminating her because she's a woman. (Which he didn't even do, therefore she kinda makes a fool of herself.)

Other things I really like about the old version. Like the scene with Kawalsky's glowing eyes in the end, which kinda foreshadows episode 2.
              Both versions have their pros and cons, I guess.
              sigpic

Comment

Haven't seen the recut yet.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

By Samantha-Carter-is-my-Muse

Comment

Oooh, lovely advent calendar for today! SJ_green.gif
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Love it SCIMM
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Howdy Campers!

I woke up in an especially Shippy mood this morning (which likely has everything to do with this being my 1st wedding anniversary today! ), so...

I was digging through the thread-posts from way back, searching for my Shipmas carols cuz I lost my backups, when I came across some visual comparative studies on the subject pf Sam's hair that I'd shared, couldn't resist the urge to re-post.

Here we Sam from the scene in the hallway with Jack during Point of View--right after Jack's left a mourning AlterSam--considering how to answer his "How you doing with this whole twin thing?" question.

So she takes a good look at "herself", with her long, long hair. And we all know that the brilliant Sam Carter, though great at deflection and avoidance, has to have given some thought by now to the fact that this other "her" has been married to the other *Jack* for that blissful but ill-fated year.

Skip forward a few episodes to this shot from Jolinar's Memories, where Sam looks like she's starting to need a trim if she's planning to keep her standard-to-date length...

And by the time we reach the end of the season, her hair is definitely the shaggiest we've seen on *our* Sam Carter. And doesn't she just look so pretty standing there as Jack's flirting/inviting his *friend* to go *fishing* with him after finally getting back into her good graces following the whole 100 Days/Shades of Grey debacles!

Then they go save the world together... and spend a week stranded off-world with only First Shipper Teal'c for chaperon. Upon their return, she's happy, smiley, and practically glowing (and a thousand *what really happened* fics are born), and she's definitely overdue for a haircut if she wants to get back to the "one of the guys" do she'd been sporting the first three years she spent with this team. And after that week, he still wants her to go *fishing* with him, but she's already had enough "relaxation" for a while (upping the count of *what really happened* fics unsuitable for ffnet or direct links here! ).

And now we have Divide and Conquer. <Big Shippy Sigh> She is just so incredibly pretty and undeniably feminine here as she brings their "lying" to Jack's attention. And after having to admit in front of Teal'c and Janet and *Tok'ra Spice* that they *care a lot more than they're supposed to*, it's little wonder that we get *this* in the very next episode:

My favoritest *KISS* of all time! Now... I won't be convinced (I won't, I won't, I won't, so please don't try!) that Sam isn't holding at least a subliminal impression lingering in her poor timeloop-warped brain, so I can't help but feel that that, too, played a role in her deciding to keep those lovely locks so long for a few more episodes.

Then suddenly, Wham! Those long locks are gone, as we see in this very first shot of Sam in Beneath the Surface. And apparently not by her choice. She's stripped of that symbol of femininity at the same time she's stripped of *everything* that stood as a barrier between her and Jack. Oh, how bitter that irony must have been for her once they finally returned home.

I know we've talked about it plenty here, but... I doubt anyone'll mind my rehash!
                        Love and hot fudge,
                        Bren Ren
                        ~
                        My stories!
                        ~

sigpic

Comment

My favorite kiss is still the one from "Grace"!

Happy Anniversary BrenRen!
                          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                            Daniel/Janet isn't writer canon but I remember an interview with Teryl where she admitted that she and Michael tried to add subtle shippiness to their scenes, particularly the one where he holds her hand in the corridor when Cassie is ill and in 2010. I may be wrong but wasn't there an attempt by the writers to write a future Dan/Jan relationship but they cut it?
                            There are a few very, very subtle hints that you could take as more than friendship. In "2010," as the team is parting, Daniel kisses Janet on the cheek as he leaves, and she says softly, "I'll see you soon," and he says "Okay." The way the exchange takes place is just so intimate, and I have always wondered if Michael and Teryl played that they were together in the future.

Also, the hand holding in "Rite of Passage" seems very shippy to me. In "Heroes," Bregman finds Daniel hiding in the corner of the room where he ascended and where he says, "Janet did everything she could," to save him. The in Season 9's "Ripple Effect," there is something very raw and pained in Daniel's expression when he first sees alternate-Janet, and the camera continues to pull back to his look.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                            Jack's cabin gets used quite a lot. It featured in Supernatural awhile back. There is so much filming in and around Vancouver, that the owners of that cabin know a good thing when they see it - renting it out to film crews makes a lot of sense.
                            I liked when it was used in Eureka! too!

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                            Howdy Campers!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a63...-4x10-2023.jpg
                            Then suddenly, Wham! Those long locks are gone, as we see in this very first shot of Sam in Beneath the Surface. And apparently not by her choice. She's stripped of that symbol of femininity at the same time she's stripped of *everything* that stood as a barrier between her and Jack. Oh, how bitter that irony must have been for her once they finally returned home.

I know we've talked about it plenty here, but... I doubt anyone'll mind my rehash!
                            This is one of my favorite things to analyze! I love that the length of Sam's hair seems to correspond with her relationship with Jack!

But I'm curious, is there a reason why you think that Caulder and his goons cut Sam's hair, as opposed to perhaps Sam cutting it before the mission? It seems to be something that a lot of people (especially fanfic writers assume), but is there anything in the episode that points to that being the case?
                            sigpic
                            The Return of King Arthur
                            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
                              The ship made me watch Stargate lol. My dad was raving about it and I was like "meh, whatevs, another boring sci fi show" except I walked in just before the hug in "TBFTGOG" and was instantly intrigued. They just have that much on-screen chemistry lol!
                              Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                                This is one of my favorite things to analyze! I love that the length of Sam's hair seems to correspond with her relationship with Jack!

But I'm curious, is there a reason why you think that Caulder and his goons cut Sam's hair, as opposed to perhaps Sam cutting it before the mission? It seems to be something that a lot of people (especially fanfic writers assume), but is there anything in the episode that points to that being the case?

Well, my recall is more than a little rusty, but I don't remember there actually being anything said at all about Sam's shorn-locks change in the episode--or any subsequent eps. Seems to me it was just one of those little missing-details things that we all filled in with the same (logical?) explanation.
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X