Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Devilish Me View Post
    Hmmm, odd... it just says it's blocked in some countries...it probably blocked entire Europe! LOL I'll upload it to bam and send you the linkie
    Good 'cause I really would like to see it.

edit: smile by zuz
    sigpic

Comment

*runs around the thread looking for the fic...*

I've made the vid!!!!
      I can't see it! Copyright WMG, Curse you!

OK, tech people, If I upload the fic to FF net, do I just cut/paste the link to a "reply", or is there another way to post it? What do you desire?
      sigpic
      My Stories: FFdotNet
      My Stories AO3
      Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I can't see it! Copyright WMG, Curse you!

OK, tech people, If I upload the fic to FF net, do I just cut/paste the link to a "reply", or is there another way to post it? What do you desire?
        You can just past the link or you can click on that little planet thingy with a paper clip on it and past the link there and then the text that's selected gray you can change it and name the fic, and it will appear as a link but only with the name of the fic. Did that make sense? Oh, who cares just paste and gimmie the fic!!!!

Oh, and guys try clicking on the vid now
        sigpic
        Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by starlover View Post
          *nods* It's blocked on my computers...but here comes the funny thing...I can see it on my Itouch*snort* GUTTER!!!!

Btw hon is it possible that you put the vids you made the last two/three weeks on a download site...I can't see anything on your profile on YT anymore and I want to convert those vids for my Itouch(don't have internet access there all the time..I'm still waiting for internet in trains... )
          Yes, it's weird: in your channel it's written that you don't have vids!!!
          But then, if I go to my "favourite vids" they are still alive and I can watch them (but not your latest one)

EDIT: now I can see it!
          sigpic
          My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
            Yes, it's weird: in your channel it's written that you don't have vids!!!
            But then, if I go to my "favourite vids" they are still alive and I can watch them (but not your latest one)

EDIT: now I can see it!
            The thing about my vids not showing is probably just YT messing with us, but I'll check again latter.

And yeeeey!!!! Now my vid can be seeeeeeeennn... and I was wondering why I had no views on it, loool.
            sigpic

Comment

The better to reel her in?

Why did that author assume that his old rod wasn't up to the task? It's not like he's out for marlin.

REALLY REALLY BAD GUTTER PUN AHEAD--PROCEED WITH CAUTION!

Spoiler:
              He's just going for a little bass.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
              I mean to break that up better. Superhuman strength SAM hoisting Jack... Oh... wait... 'er... don't want to break the PG barrier...

If it ain't broke don't fix it right? Besides, I don't know about everyone else but fishing for hours gets a little tiresome after a while. If Jack got one of them fancy fishing rods no doubt Sam would start wondering if he was ever going to reel anything in and then fishing just wouldn't be as much fun.

Again, it's not the rod, it's the fisherman that makes fishing enjoyable.
              That bolded part is the best statement I've ever read.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              Talking about fish (and yes I am talking about REAL fish) -

I always understood that the single fish jumping out of the water at the end of Moebius to represent a change. I just can't figure out (and maybe that is how it is written) what that change would be. At first I thought that it meant Jacob didn't pass away, but then they blew that theory out of the water in Season 9. Then I thought maybe that single fish jumping represented to all the viewers that, yes there is a change in the relationship between Sam and Jack. No fish meant no "fish" and now a fish means "fishing". After eight years of no fish, now when Sam and Jack have said always, there is a fish. Is there a connection?
              I've always thought so. I enjoy the second "fishing scene" better than the first. It's the look they share after the fish jumps up and back into the water.

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              And as Aka reminded us, fish mean... and pond means.. so

Yes.

There are now fish in the pond. There weren't any before.

This is literally and figuratively true.

EDIT: Stare at my sig and then tell me they're not that clever...
              Indeed!

We know what the fish pertains to--are we still saying Pete's a potato?

I enjoyed catching up from last night. Made. My. Day. Considering I haven't slept
              sigpic
              Made by the lovely Jakie

Comment

I will, gonna start now and send you the link, when I'm done lol.
                Squee! Thanks

Oh, and guys try clicking on the vid now
                I can see
                sigpic

Comment

I can see

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                    Destiny/Jenn's sig - I have to admit that even I (adjusts halo) find the Destiny very gutter-y in design. You have to wonder what was going through the heads of the designers when they created it...I can't believe they didn't realise...
                    Of course they did. I said to a friend about a year ago.. most ph***** series ever. It doesn't happen (that often on one show) by accident.

Is there anything y'all can't gutterize?!?

Chess, fishing, the stargate, ships...

*snort*
                    In our defense, *we* didn't gutterize. We were just observing the intrinsic gutter of the thing.

BTW, there are days when I can't see a jumper fly through a 'gate without laughing.

Comment

The simplest thing to do, IMHO, when self-pimping is to type out the title, a brief explanation of the story, then highlight the title, click the planet icon right above the window you're typing in, and then paste the url of your fic on ffnet into the window that pops up.

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                        Technical OT:

Spoiler:
                        So...why can't I open the .flv and .mp4 files I downloaded from YouTube via keepvid.com ? I have IE7; I have a fairly new lappie. I have Flash Player and Windows Media Player. Exactly what type of sofware do I need to open files with these extensions???

* sg-1fanintn pouts, because she can't stand things she doesn't understand.
                        OT
                        Spoiler:
                        You can also try Real Player, latest version is now SP, I know it plays .mp4 and .flv. You can also use it to download videos off of YouTube as well, either in IE7 or have the the page open in Real Player (not sure about other browsers) but if you wanted them in some other format then you would have to covert them.

Edit: I just found out after a did a critical update to Real Player that the download option works with Firefox and Google Chrome too.

Edit again: apparently the SP version comes with a converter and you can convert many videos at once.

I use this to covert an flv: Free FLV Converter This is a newer version then the one I have.

I also know that Winamp will play .flv and Quicktime player .mp4.
                        Last edited by planet_tv; 01 February 2010, 06:01 AM.

Signs by Scifan and me. | My Forum - Planet TV Role Play | My Fan Fiction | My Mini City - Rygel City

Comment

Controlled Remotely

I really hope I did this right!

There you go, Devlish Me!

Here's the fic that we were talking about--and BTW I LOVED the vid. I hope that the fic does it justice!
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Controlled Remotely

Here's the fic that we were talking about--and BTW I LOVED the vid. I hope that the fic does it justice!
                            lol. Nice! And yes, you did it right.

Since we're talking about watching TV and fishing, I figured I'd rec this oldie but goodie: Security, based loosely on LitS, by Caladria.

Comment

Controlled Remotely

*giggles* Awesome!
                              sigpic

Comment

*giggles* Awesome!
                                No, you're awesome. And the vid, again, is awesome--fishing indeed! Just enough gutter to make things interesting. . . Thanks!
                                sigpic
                                My Stories AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X