Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
    I wish someone had slapped that 10 year old up the side of the head and made me watch it. Probably would have hated it. Kids never know what's good for them.
    i don't understand?

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Hehe I loved the ship at first sight. I was a huge Mulder/Scully shipper at 12 years old and one day I came in when my dad was watching "There But for the Grace of God" - I moaned at him for about 5 minutes for watching some sci fi rubbish until it reached the bit where Sam and Jack hugged and Daniel's eyes nearly popped out of his head. Suddenly my shipper brain went "huh... They're kinda cute, what is this show?". And the rest, they say, is history! Lol!
      I was an early shipper too, both with Stargate and other shows, including X-files but I had to tape that show and others because it didn't come on until after my bedtime. I used so many videotapes and those stupid channels were so unreliable with their long commercials and sometimes other shows running late that I had to set it for half an hour before the show was supposed to start and run half an hour longer in case it was late... But for Stargate it was love at first sight for me with Sam and Jack! I watched the pilot as the first episode, IIRC, and immediately saw the sparks fly in that briefing room... *shippy sigh*
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

i didn't exactly see the pilot until it aired during a hiatus in season 4 or 5 of sg-1 on showtime and even then, my dad made me turn away when sha're got turned into a goa'uld. he said he was afraid of me watching a snake like creature entering a naked woman's neck would scare me and plus he said he didn't want to risk evoking my mother's wrath.

Comment

Is it Ship Day yet?

How about now?

Comment

The first episode I saw was Menace - I think. It was in syndication for a while and I saw a bunch of random eps. Anyways, being the huge scifi fan that I am, I was hooked. The second episode I saw was Window of Opportunity. Lots of wonderful shippiness and I was in love!
            sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

I watched it on my own, I think. My mother and sister weren't (and never have been, sadly) into sci-fi and my brother... I don't know where he was, but he likes sci-fi (made me watch Star Wars with him) but I think he was probably doing sports, homework or hanging out with friends or something considering the time Stargate aired...
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Will be writing all night and hopefully have a long chapter for Ship Day tomorrow.
                Yay! More "Light Up". I'm really loving this fic, J4S!

Originally posted by Ahriana View Post
                Really looking forward to Ship Day! I'm sort of new to this, have been lurking for a while but hope to join in a bit more this year
                I think it's my first, too. My brain is so fried sometimes (not like that lol), it's hard to keep track. The bad news is I have to work tomorrow. The good news is it's Sunday, so it may not be busy (so I can have my laptop out and keep up lol).

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                Last drabble (I think anyway ).

Triumph

Spoiler:
                He'd fought and won many a battle. He'd even saved the planet a few times along the way. But this one had been the longest and the hardest. This was the one he'd actually thought he'd lost that day she hummed in the elevator.

So when he saw her walking down the aisle towards him, radiant and angelic and wearing the biggest smile he'd ever seen, he wasn't surprised that he was feeling more than utter and complete happiness. He'd won, or rather, they'd won. This is what triumph really felt like. And he knew she felt it too.
                Nicely done

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                just think on this day, 16 years ago, Children of the Gods aired on Showtime.
                Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                Dude, that's scary!
                What's even scarier is I was a newlywed then. Sadly, It would be another 4 years before I was introduced to SG-1.

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                Hehe I loved the ship at first sight. I was a huge Mulder/Scully shipper at 12 years old and one day I came in when my dad was watching "There But for the Grace of God" - I moaned at him for about 5 minutes for watching some sci fi rubbish until it reached the bit where Sam and Jack hugged and Daniel's eyes nearly popped out of his head. Suddenly my shipper brain went "huh... They're kinda cute, what is this show?". And the rest, they say, is history! Lol!
                My first ep to watch was either D & C or Upgrades (I'm thinking it was Upgrades.). The big thing I remember was the scene with Sam and Jack and the shield between them. Gotta give my ex-in-laws credit for it (but do I really? lol). Thank goodness for VCRs! I started taping them very shortly after that, because I worked a lot of Saturdays (gotta love retail lol).

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                  I changed three words in my last drabble when I uploaded it today... But I'm sure no one will notice. They'll probably skip mine if they've already read it on my account.

Are you going to upload it now or tomorrow? Just asking, so I can add the referral to my author's note.
                  I'll post it tomorrow. It may be the only new thing I have to contribute to the list this year.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                    I'll post it tomorrow. It may be the only new thing I have to contribute to the list this year.
                    Okay. Then I'll probably see it when I come online and then add the note to my fic.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Wow, I suddenly feel like the baby of the thread - excluding Simlead of course.

imovie is finally cooperating, I will have 2 vids to post tomorrow, if it kills me.

6hrs 40 mins to shipday (If I've calculated EMT relative to GMT correctly.)
                      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

I didn't start watching until 14 or 15.
                        The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post

imovie is finally cooperating, I will have 2 vids to post tomorrow, if it kills me.

You're not that much younger, are you?
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I didn't start watching until 14 or 15.
                            I started watching it during season 4. Window of Opportunity was the one that got me hooked... so I was... what? 14?
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola
                            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post

yay I can't wait
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                                I started watching it during season 4. Window of Opportunity was the one that got me hooked... so I was... what? 14?
                                I started watching towards the end of season 3. I think I was 14 then.
                                The password is fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X