Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
    I've always liked the fact that when the King is... erm... *mated*, he lies down. That's my kind of *king*!
    Wait. Weren't we just saying that if his knees were good....

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      Were we? I got lost somewhere around superhuman strength...
      Love and hot fudge,
      Bren Ren
      ~
      My stories!
      ~

sigpic

Comment

I've always liked the fact that when the King is... erm... *mated*, he lies down. That's my kind of *king*!
        That doesn't necessarily mean he has to use said knees. Perhaps he is "strategizing" differently without the use of knees.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

oh good grief....any more gutter and we risk shorting out the thread with all the gutter water floating around threatening the server connections...

Comment

oh good grief....any more gutter and we risk shorting out the thread with all the gutter water floating around threatening the server connections..
            Okay. I'll be good from now on. . .
            sigpic
            My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Okay. I'll be good from now on. . .
              In other words, you won't change a bit!
              Love and hot fudge,
              Bren Ren
              ~
              My stories!
              ~

sigpic

Comment

*tuts*

*finds the mop in APA's closet*

*mops up the thread*

there has been some severe spillage into the angst cavern today...*sigh* What a shame

*continues mopping*
                sigpic

Comment

In such a short time, you know me so well!
                  sigpic
                  My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                    One should always strive to get better.

Comment

One should always strive to get better.
                      Which brings us to the original point from long, long ago, which was that Sam went from Pete to Jack.

She got better.

Spoiler:
                      She says with no attempt at the gutter whatsoever. Honest. Cross my heart.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                        Which brings us to the original point from long, long ago, which was that Sam went from Pete to Jack.

She got better.
                        Better what?

Oh.

Fish and chips.

Comment

Better what?

Oh.

Fish and chips.
                          We know what the fish pertains to--are we still saying Pete's a potato?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

Potatoes should only come with fish when properly cut and fried.

's all I'm sayin'.

Comment

potatoes should only come with fish when properly cut and fried.

's all i'm sayin'.
                              lololol.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                See...I am probably the only shipper who loves Chimera. But then I also love Affinity... I can't help it.
                                Please people don't shoot me...Look at the pretties I made if you have the urge to shoot me!
                                But I really think Pete was actually a good thing for Sam. And even for Sam and Jack. I'll explain myself a bit...
                                1) Sam could open herself up to actually getting a relationship, with a normal person. Pete gave her the opportunity to be a woman, instead of a soldier...or even part of a team. She could be girly girl Sam. She could be a Sam who she normally wouldn't be around Jack. But it is a part of who Sam is... For me she likes it
                                2) Because of Pete, she understood what she wanted in a relationship. What she needed in a relationship. And she realised that Jack actually needed to be in a relationship with her to be happy.
                                3) She broke up the relationship with Pete when she noticed that it wouldn't work... What is a hard thing to do, especially since she was very close to getting married to him.
                                4) There is more, but atm my brain is fried...Gah not good to post at 11Pm in the evening.

ETA: stop talking about Valenship, it makes me nervous...I haven't done a thing yet!
                                On my initial viewing of Chimera I hated it. Partly because what happened between Sam and Pete was all the stuff I'd been longing to see happen with her and Jack. The other reason I hated it was because, my feeling, it was cheaply written. And not necessarily the writer's fault but the threat of it being the last season so they had to hurry and wrap stuff up so they crammed into half of one episode (the other half was the A-story) what I feel should have been put into several episodes.

Today, and after seeing what develops in the later episodes, I like Chimera for the small things it managed to give. Most of what I get out of Chimera is seeing how desperate Sam is to "accept" love (Pete) and how much she regrets having "sacrificed" love (Jack).

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                                True, they could have done better...But I think they really could have done with more time for him to develop. He only had a few episodes to grow and be who he was...

If you think back of season 1 of SG-1. Sam wasn't that great written to begin with either. If anything she was a cliché a bit. I mean think about Emancipation. Or even Children of the Gods. It wasn't amazing at all...But after a few episodes...
                                Well lets face it about half a season, they started to get a better feel about who Sam was, and how she had to be written.

Of course one would think that in season 7 they would know what they wanted of a character and how to write them.

But yeah I am probably a very patience person and give them a lot of time before I actually get annoyed about something... I just think people can't have it perfect immediatly...Sometimes it needs time.
                                Most of the early season writers were not writing in the later seasons. And even though the later season writers were involved with the show in the early seasons, it's not the same. Add to that the varying changes of control over the whole franchise. Add to that the constant threat of cancellation.

Comment

Working...
                                X