Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IamDKScully View Post
    OK, here's the rest of the drabbles. I'm not sure what happened but somewhere between Seeking Solace and Have a Little Faith a giant rabbit hopped through my brain and covered all my angst with it's fluffy fluff. Strange, very strange. Happy Reading!

Seeking Solace

Spoiler:
    Usually it was hiding in her lab, lights out, staring into the darkness. Sometimes it was pushing her limits on the running path or pushing the limits of her bike as she took corners so fast it was almost impossible to maintain control. But tonight she needed something more.

Desperate to erase the haunted images that kept assaulting her mind, she fought to keep her composure. Turning around she found him there and lost her control, her breath, and all pretense that she would find the solace she was seeking anywhere else but in his body tonight.

i loved all your drabbles, but this one's my fave...

why, WHY couldn't the writers have done an ep like this!?!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

For Busted.

Spoiler:
      “Carter?”

“Hmmm..?” She dragged her eyes up from the device which she was balancing precariously in one hand, multi-meter in the other. For once in Sam's life, she wished the Colonel wasn't so fond of frequenting her lab. She could tell by the tone of his voice that he wanted something, and she could tell by the way he was bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet that it wasn't even something serious. He was bored, and she just didn't have the patience for it today.

She threw him a look that would slice a lesser man asunder. “Do you need something, sir?”

It was her best shot but he didn't even flinch. “May I use your computer?”

“Don't you have your own sir?” She smiled sweetly. “In your own office?”

“That would mean I'd have to go to my office, and your computer's right over there, Carter.”

Oh why did he have to be so obtuse? “Go ahead sir.” She focused back on the task at hand.

“Hey Carter, it's locked, what's your password?”

“Fishing.”

It was out of her mouth before she'd even thought about it.

She dropped the device, fumbled awkwardly, and raised her eyes slowly to meet his gaze, trying very hard not to grimace.

He quirked an eyebrow. She was definitely busted.
      sigpic
      sig by Jper

"It's just a little airborne... It's still good, it's still good!"

Comment

i'm *trying* to post my drabbles to fanfiction.net, but jeez, it's complicated!
        sally

sigpic

Comment

I completely forgot about posting them to AO3! *still recovering from drabble overload*
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

i really don't like the formatting issues i'm having with fanfiction.net. i upload (or c/p) the drabble, then edit, but when i save, all the editing i did is gone. i'm just trying to break up the single line spacing. what am i supposed to do to make the double spacing save???
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              i really don't like the formatting issues i'm having with fanfiction.net. i upload (or c/p) the drabble, then edit, but when i save, all the editing i did is gone. i'm just trying to break up the single line spacing. what am i supposed to do to make the double spacing save???
              I think this might have to do with the original Word formatting (whether you've chosen double or single spacing) but I can't be sure. It's something I'm struggling with as well!
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                I think this might have to do with the original Word formatting (whether you've chosen double or single spacing) but I can't be sure. It's something I'm struggling with as well!
                i'm done. i've tried for hours (stopping to do other crappy stuff ), but i give up. so i guess i'm not submitting the drabbles to fanfiction.net.

this really ticks me off!! there's things a person adds to a story to add an impact, like spacing and certain characters and such. the way this story ends up looking is single spacing on every single line. it's ridiculous!!

i only have 'note pad' and 'microsoft works task manager (which has a program called 'blank word processor document') to work with.

i took the time to edit the way it'll show up in the finished product, and then as i hit save, it all goes away. what the #####
                Last edited by majorsal; 24 July 2013, 06:15 PM.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm done. i've tried for hours (stopping to do other crappy stuff ), but i give up. so i guess i'm not submitting the drabbles to fanfiction.net.

this really ticks me off!! there's things a person adds to a story to add an impact, like spacing and certain characters and such. the way this story ends up looking is single spacing on every single line. it's ridiculous!!

i only have 'note pad' and 'microsoft works task manager (which has a program called 'blank word processor document') to work with.

i took the time to edit the way it'll show up in the finished product, and then as i hit save, it all goes away. what the #####
                  Oh, it gets worse when a chapter's a few thousand words long. The thought of needing to struggle with all that spacing and everything can be a turn off.

I completely understand!
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                    Oh, it gets worse when a chapter's a few thousand words long. The thought of needing to struggle with all that spacing and everything can be a turn off.

I completely understand!
                    we must be missing something. some secret thing, that only *special* fanfiction long timers know!
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

I've never had a problem with ff.net, it works fine for me. I have Microsoft Word. Maybe it's the program?
                      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        I've never had a problem with ff.net, it works fine for me. I have Microsoft Word. Maybe it's the program?
                        i don't have microsoft word. so what do ppl do that don't have a program like that?

i'm going to quit asking here and hope someone chats with me on this subject on my profile page or something.
                        sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starship Trooper View Post
                          For Busted.

Spoiler:
                          “Carter?”

“Hmmm..?” She dragged her eyes up from the device which she was balancing precariously in one hand, multi-meter in the other. For once in Sam's life, she wished the Colonel wasn't so fond of frequenting her lab. She could tell by the tone of his voice that he wanted something, and she could tell by the way he was bouncing up and down on the balls of his feet that it wasn't even something serious. He was bored, and she just didn't have the patience for it today.

She threw him a look that would slice a lesser man asunder. “Do you need something, sir?”

It was her best shot but he didn't even flinch. “May I use your computer?”

“Don't you have your own sir?” She smiled sweetly. “In your own office?”

“That would mean I'd have to go to my office, and your computer's right over there, Carter.”

Oh why did he have to be so obtuse? “Go ahead sir.” She focused back on the task at hand.

“Hey Carter, it's locked, what's your password?”

“Fishing.”

It was out of her mouth before she'd even thought about it.

She dropped the device, fumbled awkwardly, and raised her eyes slowly to meet his gaze, trying very hard not to grimace.

He quirked an eyebrow. She was definitely busted.

Comment

You can't have double line spacing on ffnet.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Three Days 'til Ship Day!

Hey, what’s going on?

Sam was just introducing me to a remarkable earth custom called Shipping.

Really?

Yes. And did you know it has nothing to do with any kind of trade whatsoever? It seems some people spend hours on the internet imagining scenarios involving the romantic lives of their favorite television characters.

And I need to know this because . . . ?

Apparently you and I are an item.

Yeah, right!

I’m told we have history.

Comment

Three Days 'til Ship Day!
                                (continued)

You do know you can’t trust everything you read on the internet?

I know that. I mean some Shippers have actually imagined me having a thing for Muscles, or even with Samantha.

Although I’m most often shipped with my dear Daniel, which I can’t wait to tell him.

And you’re encouraging this?

What’s the matter Cam? You have a problem discussing relationships?

I’m a guy. Of course I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X