No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm having trouble greening everyone for their fantastic submissions, so rather than keep fighting the interwebz, GREEN for everyone!
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
      I'm having trouble greening everyone for their fantastic submissions, so rather than keep fighting the interwebz, GREEN for everyone!
      have some green. have some more green.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        I've finally finished my first draft of Chapter 1 of 'How to Heal a Broken Heart' its approx 4700 words, just wondering if it's a bit long.
        In my opinion, it totally depends on your writing style and how you plan to continue the rest of the story. Overall, I always make my chapters a similar length and hate it when a story has large differences between chapter length throughout a story. The actual word count aim per chapter depends on the story for me but tends to be around 3500-6000 words, usually with no more than 1K between min and max. Of course, I don't always manage (tend to write more) but at least the chapters are all long, compared to stories of 1K chapters or even less - or worse, one chapter being 4K words and the next one 1K or less.

So, it's really up to you but I would suggest making sure the following chapters will be somewhere between 3500 and 5000 words then, too. Also, it's important the chapter isn't boring because no one wants to have to struggle through the introduction of a story and that can be the case if it's too long. Last but not least, I would suggest getting a beta to look at it, someone who has experience writing stories of similar length and can give you advice about it.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
        I'm sorry about that - warning has now been added.
        Aw, don't worry about it! I live in the angst cavern so it's all good. Just hadn't been expecting it at the time
        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Tomorrow is Ship Day, right?
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                Tomorrow is Ship Day, right?
                28th
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                  What Amara said
                  sigpic
                  sig by Mada
                  As a matter of FIC

Comment

Hi trinity3!
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Last one!

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #10
                      Obsession

Comment

Obsession

“Just one more Jack, I promise!”
                        “You’ve had three.”
                        “One more isn’t going to change much then, is it?”
                        “You’re obsessed. That’s what it is.”
                        “But…”
                        “It won’t matter what I say, will it?”
                        “Afraid not.”
                        “I thought you’d gotten over this.”
                        “I did too. Apparently not.”
                        “Alright, ONE more. But that’s the limit!”
                        “There’s always room for Jello” Sam giggled as she helped herself to another serving of the bluey goodness.
                        sigpic

Comment

Drabble drop and run!

Ten Day Drabble Prompt #4 – It's Complicated – Rated K

Spoiler:
                          Sam lay back and let her bed bear the weight of her cast. It was her first broken leg and she hadn't had it for more than a few days and she was already itchy and twitchy. Now she really got Jack's complaining about his broken leg eight years ago after Antarctica.

Thoughts of Jack made her recall the conversation she'd had with Keller in the Genii mine. Her 'seeing-anyone' answer had been a lie wrapped in truth. She'd gotten good at those about her and Jack.

Their love had never been complicated, just achieving the freedom to express it.

Ten Day Drabble Prompt #5 – Seeking Solace – Rated K

Spoiler:
                          "Come here."

Sam was blinded by tears but those two small words were a blazing beacon of comfort and with a sob she turned into the strong arms that reached for her. Her arms wrapped tightly around him in turn and her face tucked into his neck where her tears wet the collar of his shirt.

No more words were said as they stood together and breathed together. All there was for Sam was his arms cradling her close, the strength of his body holding her up, and the heartbeat beneath her ear as she received her solace in Jack.

Ten Day Drabble Prompt #6 – A Moment in Time – Rated K

Spoiler:
                          Sam sat on her beach towel, dug her toes into the hot sand, and breathed deep of the scent of the beach: water and heat and sunscreen. In the lake two people laughed and splashed water on each other.

A laugh turned into a joyous shriek as Jack swooped up their daughter into his arms and spun her around in the air. Water droplets arched out from the force of the spin and as their faces spun past her, she saw their unbridled joy in each other and their play and a moment in time was captured in her heart.
                          sigpic
                          My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

I wanted my last drabble to be something different (read: breaking conventions with length!) so here's my closing one.

Spoiler:
                            She locks the steering wheel, slams down on the clutch and yanks up the handbrake, feeling the alarming lurch of the car to the right as it spins a hundred and eighty degrees, throwing her into a slight skid that she easily corrects with hard counter-steering and throttle control. With her heart still pounding in her ears, Sam barks a laugh, inordinately pleased with herself for shaking that damned stalker of a cop that she calls her brother’s bad judgement.

Ten minutes later, she screeches to a stop in front of a familiar house, seeing the door conveniently open as a dishevelled silver-haired man steps out to take the morning paper.

Perfect timing.

Grinning slyly, Sam runs up the porch to him just as she catches a glimpse of the cop coming to a stop just behind her car.

The confusion is evident in his face. “Carter? You in troub-?”

Her lips eat up the last of his words.

From a distance, she hears a car quietly put in reverse, the sound suspiciously resembling the whine of a guilty puppy.

Mission accomplished.

It’s the last she’ll ever hear of someone called Shanahan.
                            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Six Days 'til Ship Day!

Oh hey Teal’c, just getting all my stuff ready for Ship Day? Only six days to go.

Are we not intending to travel by Stargate on this mission, Daniel Jackson?

Ah, no Teal’c. It’s not that kind of ship. Ship Day is one of the most important events in the Shipper year?

I do not understand. What is a Shipper?

Well Teal’c, in online fan culture a Shipper is someone who supports the pairing of two characters in an onscreen relationship, in this case Sam and Jack. They make artwork, videos, write stories. They want the powers that be, the TPTB as they’re called, to act favorably toward that relationship. In the case of the Sam/Jack Shippers they are all about something they call the BHK.

Comment

Six Days 'til Ship Day!
                                (continued)

Essentially the Shippers want on screen confirmation that Jack and Sam are actually a couple.

This appears to me to be a private matter between Col. Carter and Gen. O’Neill. I do not believe I shall participate in this strange Tau’ri ritual.

You have to, Teal’c. You have a very important position of honor among the Shippers.

I do not see how this is possible.

You see, they consider you the First Shipper.

Is this similar to a First Prime? Am I charged with enforcing the will of the Shippers?

Ah, I don’t think that’s it, exactly.

I shall require my staff weapon.

Comment

Working...
                                X