No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chemmy, you and I had the same inspiration!

Irregular Orbit

Spoiler:
    They were like twin planets in an irregular orbit. They could pass so close together as to be nearly touching, only a thin blue force field holding back their obvious love. Then move so far apart an entire solar system could fit between them, relationships with deficient stand-ins filling the gap.

Like any such trajectory, theirs was unstable. Inevitably they would either careen into a single unified path—the resulting fallout unknown, or fly apart forever—a devastating loss.

General Jack O’Neill sat in his office contemplating what should happen next.

It was time, he decided, for their worlds to collide.

He made his way to where Samantha Carter, the woman deeply loved, kept vigil at her father’s deathbed and promised to be with her Always.

Comment

I've finally come up with something for prompts 4-7 but haven't had the chance to jot them down. I shall post after work in a few hours.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Can't wait to see them nei!
        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          Drabble Prompt #8
          Irregular Orbit
          Here's mine, with a very, very oblique reference to irregular orbiting.

Spoiler:
          “So. Downtime, Carter?”

She plasters him with a blinding smile. “Yes, Sir.”

Whatever her plans are, he’s not privy to it. Their holding pattern is pretty much an institution, a conversation of polite asking, refusing and going separate ways. But he’d be damned if he doesn’t ask anyway.

“Let me guess. You’re staying here while I-”

He’s stopped mid-sentence by her smirk. “I’m going fishing.”

His brows hit his hairline as his mouth resembles the very thing he purports to catch up north. “…Uh, fishing?”

Carter does a funny motion which he interprets as casting and reeling. “Fishing.”

“…with-”

“You.”
          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Sorry it's taken so long to post these, I've had a serious lack of inspiration until today. Turns out I was able to write them before work - have to run or I'll be late.

Drabble Prompt #4
            It's Complicated

Spoiler:

Sam bit her lip nervously as she waited for Jack's response. He turned the smooth cylindrical object over in his hands, rubbing it softly with his thumbs.

Her heart was racing and she felt sick to her stomach. What if he didn't want this, what if he walked away, or worse, stayed because he felt it was his duty, or his obligation.

She looked at the floor and was startled by the soft touch of his hand. She looked up into his dark eyes.

"I do want this, but..."

"It's complicated."

She slipped her fingers between his and squeezed tightly.

Drabble Prompt #5
            Seeking Solace

Spoiler:

Jack stared at the photograph of his beautiful son; the smile that once lit up his face, the dark hair that framed his face. The pain was still raw, a scar that opened at the slightest touch. He could stem the bleeding and patch it up but it would never fully heal.

A hand slipped around his waist. He took his hand in hers and shakily set the black and white image in his hand beside the photo.

His other hand slid to her stomach, his Band-Aid, his second chance, his biggest fear - and no bigger than a grape.

Drabble Prompt #6
            Moment in Time

Spoiler:

Sam placed the warm bundle in his arms, the weight a shock to his system. He was shaking and sweating; this was the hardest thing he had ever done. The damage he could do scared him to death, he didn't feel safe, he couldn't trust himself. He tried to give the precious bundle back but she refused to take it.

A piercing cry made him look down. His breath caught in his throat. The tiny red face screwed up from crying. Little red fists flailed as he cried.

He rocked the little boy and smiled.

"Hello Jake, I'm your daddy."

Drabble Prompt #7
            Triumph

Spoiler:

Jack stopped in the doorway, holding his breath. Jake was pulling himself up on the edge of the couch. His face forming the expression Sam had pulled when deep in concentration. He fell onto his bottom twice but, unfazed, he tried again.

Sam joined him in the doorway and together they waited.

Jake turned towards the chair and held his arms out in front of him. He lifted his foot and placed it on the floor. He took his first tentative steps across the room before his parents swept him into their arms and smothered him with kisses and cuddles.

Drabble Prompt #8
            Irregular Orbit

Spoiler:

He was drifting along with no place or purpose, frozen and alone. Pulled into chaos he found himself being dragged towards the ball of fire that threatened to consume him. The gravity too strong for him to fight it, drained, he allowed himself to fall to its power.

At the last moment, he collided with something. He fell into an orbit around it, this life giving planet. She is his grounding force, keeping him in his irregular orbit around her, sometimes eccentric and rogue but she always keeps him near and pulls him into line when he goes too far.

Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Drabble Prompt #7
              Triumph

This has been the yet most difficult to make, Sam & Jack don't often celebrate their victories it seems - so I made up a mission for Jack

100 frames gif - clickable thumbnail:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                Drabble Prompt #7
                Triumph

This has been the yet most difficult to make, Sam & Jack don't often celebrate their victories it seems - so I made up a mission for Jack

Spoiler:

So wish I could green you!
                sigpic
                Sig made by Nola
                Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Irregular Orbit. I watched WoO the other day

Spoiler:
                  Drabble Prompt #8
                  Irregular Orbit

They were sitting at the table. Sam was trying to explain something to Jack, something she came across in Atlantis. But he didn't seem to get it. „I'll show you.“ She took her plate, shifted the remaining food into patterns and then used the bottles with ketchup and mustard to draw circles around the it. „Is it clearer now?! He studied her plate, his brows knitted with concentration. Finally he looked up. „Your orbit is irregular!“

sigpic

Comment

Drabble Prompt #7
                    Triumph

Awesome!! SJ_green.gif

Comment

Drabble Prompt #7
                      Triumph

Love it.

Comment

Moment in time drabble:
                        Two parallel reallities; in the first one, Jack is a jackass, he is always irritated, and oh..he is not of the SGC, he is on his not so beautiful boat homer, asking for money just for the simple fact that someone wants to talk with him. The other reallity: he's just as we know it. Very funny, deep, though sceptic and cinic..always optimist and open-minded, nice paradox.
                        The one and only different thing betwen theese two reallities, but the one who made this huge gap betwen the two Jacks, is that in the 1st one, he never met Carter.
                        Conclusion: The one "moment in time" who changed CO's life was that one when he met Sam.
                        sigpic

Comment

Irregular Orbit
                          Somehow she would get to him. She had to. She worked night and day, pushing herself and everyone else to accomplish what seemed impossible. She invented a new kind of laser drill, working tirelessly to finish it as quickly as possible.
                          “General Hammond, we’re ready. I know it’s taken three months, and there’s no guarantee it will work. Teal’c has volunteered to try the drill. However, if he doesn’t break through in an hour, he’ll suffocate and there’s no way for us to re-establish a wormhole without killing him.”
                          “Major Carter, what is your assessment?”
                          “Well, Sir, I do think it’s the best chance we have of rescuing Colonel O’Neill from that irregularly orbiting planet.”
                          Samantha held her breath, waiting for the General’s response. With all her heart, there was nothing more important than getting him home.

sigpic

Comment

Drabble Prompt #7
                            Triumph

Spoiler:

Love it SCIMM!

Comment

Thanks

Drabble Prompt #8
                              Irregular Orbit

This one turned out a tad sillier than intended, I cross my fingers for an easier drabble prompt tomorrow

100 frames gif, clickable thumbnail:

Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #8
                                Irregular Orbit

that title confuses me.

*goes to write*

Spoiler:

- Irregular Orbit -

Daniel is staring at a train wreck in motion. Sam, Jack, and Pete, all standing next to each other and talking. And all trying to make nice. If he wasn't already nauseous from forced-on-him-by-Jack beer, he'd throw up from this.

But it was interesting in a anthropologist sort of way. The Amazon Queen, being courted by Jimmy Olsen and Superman. Oy.

Daniel suddenly turned away, feeling guilty for enjoying this so much. It really was sad, because Pete's irregular orbit around Sam was sadly punctuated by Sam's magnetic pull towards Jack.

And all three were so oblivious.

Daniel got up to get another beer.

sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X