No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something I can do...share another piece of Valenship art from last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      Here is my Threads sig with the heart beating. I was experiment with animation.

EDIT - I noticed my sig's left side is pulsing with the beat. My gif on my computer doesn't do this. Any reasons?
      Beautiful sig!
      sigpic
      Big thanks to josi for avi and sig

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
        Not enough angst for you, hon? That's ok. You do your own thing.

Holiday art is always up to the volunteer who feels inspired to make it. I think Eve did a lovely job!!!
        And inspired I was...

Eve absolutely did a lovely job, as always. So with all due loving respect for hers... I was *inspired* to make something that might appeal to those pesky Cavern-dwelling Shippers.

Click for full size WP...

{{{{{{{{{{Cavern-dwelling Angst Lovers}}}}}}}}}

Enjoy!
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          *Pops in when she should be writing...*

Hi family! I've updated my blog today and since some of it applies here and, oddly enough, to today's discussion, I'm posting an excerpt here.

I have never understood the appeal of Dr. Zhivago. Come to that, Romeo & Juliet’s allure has escaped me as well. I’m more of a Sound of Music kind of person. Sweetums tells me that is why my fiction lacks that certain “zing” (and has not yet been picked up by that great publishing company). I apparently need to put more angst and pain in.

“But,” I protest, “I don’t like angst.” I want Mulder and Scully, Sam and Diane, Maddie and David, Amanda and Lee, Harm and Mac, and most especially, Jack and Sam(antha), to live happily ever after! Angst=bad. Happilyeverafter=good.

However. [imaginary index finger 'pause'] Having said that, I am in the midst of a fic that essentially has Harm and Mac living happily ever after and, quite frankly, I’m bored to tears. Hmmph. Maybe there’s something to this whole angst thing after all.

Hmmm. Maybe if I just sit here, at the very edge of the CoA, I'll be okay? Got room for me?
          Always.

*shuffles over to make room for Pol.*

There! I even kept the seat warm for you.

Wait...what? Me? I write angst?

I...I really had no idea!

Oh, crud.

Why do you think I like your campfires so much?

Although, I confess a happy ending is always welcome.

Technical OT:

Spoiler:
          So...why can't I open the .flv and .mp4 files I downloaded from YouTube via keepvid.com ? I have IE7; I have a fairly new lappie. I have Flash Player and Windows Media Player. Exactly what type of sofware do I need to open files with these extensions???

* sg-1fanintn pouts, because she can't stand things she doesn't understand.
          Technical OT:

Spoiler:

Are you running Windows Vista operating system? Because, if you are, that's your problem right there.
          Seriously, if you have Vista Home Basic, certain files cannot be opened with Windows media player without downloading a codec or whatever the techcy term is, which you have to pay for. To which I say to Microsoft b****r that and downloaded some other software instead. In any case I find VLC will open most file types without any problems: http://www.vlcmediaplayer.org/
          When you download it, you will get a bazillion questions and adverts and you start thinking oh here we go - data miners and trackers all over my system and adverts forevermore" but, if you carefully say no to everything, you don't get bugged by them at all again.

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
          Here is my Threads sig with the heart beating. I was experiment with animation.

EDIT - I noticed my sig's left side is pulsing with the beat. My gif on my computer doesn't do this. Any reasons?
          Very nice. No idea why you get the beating left side. Have you tried popping a frame around it to hide it?

I haven't the foggiest how to make gifs I'm afraid.

I'm trying to make a video for Valenship without much success. The mojo is AWOL right now and it's turned into more of a team video than a ship one.
          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 31 January 2010, 02:39 PM. Reason: It's wine O'Clock and I can't type.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
            And inspired I was...

Eve absolutely did a lovely job, as always. So with all due loving respect for hers... I was *inspired* to make something that might appeal to those pesky Cavern-dwelling Shippers.
            It's funny, too, cause *I'm* the one with the gutter one...

Comment

Hmm... I haven't made anything for Valenship yet! *ponders* Oh what to do, oh what to do?
              sigpic

Comment

*giggles at Valenships angst*

Because...it's just funny. You gals are allergic to Fluff *giggles*

My favorite angsty gutter

*shuffles quietly out again*
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                  Technical OT:

Spoiler:

Are you running Windows Vista operating system? Because, if you are, that's your problem right there.
                  Seriously, if you have Vista Home Basic, certain files cannot be opened with Windows media player without downloading a codec or whatever the techcy term is, which you have to pay for. To which I say to Microsoft b****r that and downloaded some other software instead. In any case I find VLC will open most file types without any problems: http://www.vlcmediaplayer.org/
                  When you download it, you will get a bazillion questions and adverts and you start thinking oh here we go - data miners and trackers all over my system and adverts forevermore" but, if you carefully say no to everything, you don't get bugged by them at all again.
                  Technical OT reply:

Spoiler:
                  Nope. I am XP. I didn't want any part of Vista!

Comment

Wait...what? Me? I write angst?

I...I really had no idea!

Oh, crud.
                    LOL and here I thought you knew where you were. :: hands Pol a map and points :: See here, Angst - with EM and Campfires, you ended up here instead of the Fluff. No worries though - it's nice here and the Gutter runs deep within our cavern

Bren Very angsty

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                      LOL and here I thought you knew where you were. :: hands Pol a map and points :: See here, Angst - with EM and Campfires, you ended up here instead of the Fluff. No worries though - it's nice here and the Gutter runs deep within our cavern

Bren Very angsty
                      Hmmm...

EM and Campfires seem awfully fluffy to me....

EDIT: The circumstances may be difficult, but there's a general peace and confidence about Sam and Jack which speaks of fluff. At least the Campfires. I've not read past the first EM cause they're fairly AU

Comment

Technical OT reply:

Spoiler:
                        Nope. I am XP. I didn't want any part of Vista!
                        Technical
                        Spoiler:

Good for you!

I didn't get a choice. My own theory as to why Vista is so utterly (to be polite) rubbish is because they wanted to make sure everyone runs out to upgrade to Wndows 7 and nobody even starts to question its brilliance. because, face it, Vista is that bad it makes me long for Dos 6.2.

Try downloading that media player anyway, or updating your current codecs etc. I can't think of any other reason why you might be having a problem.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                          Hmmm...

EDIT: The circumstances may be difficult, but there's a general peace and confidence about Sam and Jack which speaks of fluff. At least the Campfires. I've not read past the first EM cause they're fairly AU
                          Fluff...Angst...and Gutter....

the three key components of Stargate fan fiction...

All three are good...in their proper places and increments...

Comment

Fluff...Angst...and Gutter....

the three key components of Stargate fan fiction...

All three are good...in their proper places and increments...
                            And remember, angst is essentially what happens when you want fluff or gutter and can't have it. So without fluff and gutter, there'd be no angst.

It's not that we don't *like* fluff and gutter, it's just that we don't find reading (or dwelling on it) for long periods of time to be that interesting...

Or, in other words, the pain makes the joy sweeter.

Comment

Or, in other words, the pain makes the joy sweeter.
                              Yup! I treasure these moments...

as much as these...

* cap by Mala50

...because we would never have had the last bunch without the first...

Comment

Made a new sig 'cause I'm trying to get the mojo back on track. I cannot in any way take credit for the fabulous art, that comes from an artist named Hito. The whole image looks like this:

Edit:
                                Hmmm...

Whew. I was worried I'd fallen off the fluffy cloud. <grin>
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X