Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
    No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
    It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
      Here's my drabble...

Spoiler:

“In a minute, Sir.”

“Hey, no rush.”

For once, Jack doesn’t mind the wait. Especially since her six is up...in a way that he just knows isn’t quite accidental.

Then Carter shifts and-

Oh lord…

His ears prick at the sudden sound. Is that a ditty that she’s softly humming? The one that had him blushing all through his childhood and his teenage years?

The humming stops. Without missing a beat, Carter climbs out with a smile bright enough to power them home.

"Have a little faith, Sir. It’s fixed."

Damn.

Sweet!

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post

Here's my contribution. It just sort of popped into my head, and the venue is implied, though I'm hoping it'll be apparent enough. Also, the prompt put me in mind of a specific song more than anything else. So this is what my tired brain and body came up with:
      Spoiler:

“No, sir.”

“What do you mean, ‘no, sir’?”

“I mean exactly what I said.”

“Aww, c’mon, Carter.”

“That was a pretty emphatic ‘no, sir’, wouldn’t you say, sir?”

“But… it’s a party!”

“And yet there’s not enough liquor in the place.”

“It could practically be our song!”

Our song?!”

“Yeah. SG-1 should have a song. I mean, we should probably have a theme song. But until the brass gets behind that idea I think we’re stuck with this.”

“Ah.”

“So. Whaddaya say?”

“No, sir.”

“I shall do it, O’Neill.”

“Now that’s what I call taking one for the team, sir.”

Ha, very cute!

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      Okay. Here's my attempt at....

Have A Little Faith:
      Spoiler:

Jack refused to consider the odds.
      They'd always beaten those stacked against them
      They would again.
      He just had to find a way.
      To make a way.

Jack banged the control, then the force shield between them.
      But the odds seemed to be winning.
      Sam begged him to leave her behind but doing so meant that he'd given up on her, on them.

Screaming his refusal Jack stared at Sam
      He wouldn't leave.

Hearing footsteps of the enemy marching toward them
      Jack willed the heart in his chest and the one that had captured his, to have a little faith.
      Aw, some nice angst!

Just for a little clarification... Must we include the prompt words in our drabbles?
      From what I remember from last year that wasn't necessary. The prompt is simply, well, a prompt to give you inspiration. It's the words/phrase that should give you an idea and whether you want to include them in the drabble or not is up to you.

I, for one, listened to (various versions of) Have a Little Faith In Me on YT before I got the idea. Not that the actual song actually has something to do with what happened in the drabble but to me that was the inspiration. It just so happens I wanted to include the prompt too. I might not do so for the next one and, IIRC, I didn't do it in all of last year's either.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post

Here's my first S/J poem
      Spoiler:

It was all that was keeping her together
      He had been captured
      And she was working herself ragged to get him home
      To tell him the news
      He was getting a second chance
      Nice!

Originally posted by Major Ryan View Post
      Here's my drabble
      Spoiler:

It would be a suit and tie affair
      It would be an uncomfortable feeling
      The brass would all be there
      The vows would be said
      A shaky “I do”
      A kiss and she’ll be mine
      She’ll take my hand
      She’ll squeeze it tight
      I’ll flash a small smile
      I’ll give Daniel and Teal’c a wink
      We’ll enjoy our wedding day
      We’ll enjoy our wedding night
      But will there be the most important thing of all?
      She stops and turns to me, knowing what I’m about to ask her
      “Jack, have a little faith”
      “Oh yes, there will certainly be cake”.
      Cute!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
      does a drabble *have* to have only 100 words?
      Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      to fit the definition of the genre, yes.
      Skydiver is right but hlndncr already mentioned it wasn't necessary to stick to precisely a hundred words if you wanted to use more or less, since it was all for fun. Personally, I'm going to try to get exactly 100 words for every single one, like I did last year but that's just because I like the challenge.

i'm doing my drabble, but i'm sure it's more than 100 words.

- Have a Little Faith -

Spoiler:

Sam knew she was bad at this.

But a molehill had become Mount Everest, because of her fear.

She wanted to believe she'd settle this on her own.

She wanted to believe she'd find the courage to end it. Or begin it.

So she waited. Just waited. In limbo.

She was good at limbo.

And as the weeks grew closer to the hour of her cowardice...

Sam drew herself up from the couch reluctantly, to answer the persistent knocking.

Jack stood smiling. "Carter."

"Sir?"

He handed her a paper. She opened it and read it. Then re-read it and frowned.

"You're retiring?"

"Yep."

"Why?"

Jack leaned forward, taking her face in his hands and kissing her gently. When he pulled back, Sam merely blinked.

"Why?... "

"I might be a little slow on the up-take, Carter, but have a little faith."

Sam's mega-watt smile was her reply.
      It's only a 147 words Nice drabble!

Originally posted by brendini View Post
      I'm contemplating making my first drabble attempt. I'm just afraid I'm going to subconsciously copy one of the others.
      Don't worry about it! Last year there were some that were quite similar too, simply because the prompts apparently made everyone think of the same things.

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
      Nice!

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
      Love all the drabbles so far. So here's mine, maybe a wee bit inspired by my current situation.

Spoiler:
      Have a Little Faith

To call Sam impacient was a bit of an understatement. She would have paced restlessly around the house if her foot would have allowed it. But if it wasn’t for her foot she wouldn’t be here but in Atlantis.

Finally she heard the front door open and Jack came in, ladden with grocery bags. “Did you get everything?” Sam asked, well, impatiently. “Yes, I got everything, your list was quite accurat. But have a little faith in me, I know your favourite brand of jello.”

Hope I got the right words, sometimes I still struggle with my English.
      Another sweet little drabble! Trio is an excellent episode for tags considering Sam's broken leg.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh my, fems!

Comment

I refuse to read any of these drabbles until I have my own done which I've just written

Here it is:
            Spoiler:
            Jack had no idea how many times he had been in the position he was currently in. He didn’t want to think about it. He knew he couldn’t count it on his fingers and toes. Or on the fingers and toes of the rest of his three team members.

He dug the heels of his hands into his eyes as he sighed and paced the corridor outside of the operation room.

He knew his two friends were there too. He could sense them more than he could hear them.

“She’s going to be fine Jack. Just have a little faith.”

Now I'm off to read everyone else's. I hope mine isn't too similar to anyone else's! If it is.... great minds think alike, right?
            sigpic
            Sig made by Nola
            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              [img]https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-fUuYkrT9Yw8/UR_LFdq1wNI/AAAAAAAALNE/RE_xBmdgiHw/s410/07Jul14.jpg[/img
              This made me nearly spew my drink all over my keyboard. And the fact that Jack's looking at something makes the quote even more meaningful.
              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                Here it is:
                Spoiler:
                Jack had no idea how many times he had been in the position he was currently in. He didn’t want to think about it. He knew he couldn’t count it on his fingers and toes. Or on the fingers and toes of the rest of his three team members.

He dug the heels of his hands into his eyes as he sighed and paced the corridor outside of the operation room.

He knew his two friends were there too. He could sense them more than he could hear them.

Now I'm off to read everyone else's. I hope mine isn't too similar to anyone else's! If it is.... great minds think alike, right?
                Oooooh, love it

Comment

I refuse to read any of these drabbles until I have my own done which I've just written

Here it is:
                  Spoiler:

Nice! And no, there are no similarities to ones already posted.

Originally posted by Samantha-Carter-is-my-muse View Post
                  Oh my, fems!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                  This made me nearly spew my drink all over my keyboard. And the fact that Jack's looking at something makes the quote even more meaningful.
                  Glad you both like it! Got to have some fun now and again to level the angsty shots!
                  On FFnet or AO3

Comment

These questions have already been answered, but I'll just make sure it's clear.

Just for a little clarification... Must we include the prompt words in our drabbles?
                    No, the actual prompt doesn't have to be in the drabble. It's just a jumping off point for inspiration. Think of it as a theme.

does a drabble *have* to have only 100 words?
                    Technically, yes. But sometimes I cheat. Don't tell.

Comment

My Drabble:

Spoiler:
                      SG-1 came barreling through the gate. The iris smacked closed as a giant concussive force shook the barrier. The wormhole winked out.

Daniel turned to look up the ramp at his military teammates, “How did you know that would work?”

The two officers smiled at one another. “We didn’t.”

They walked down the ramp shoulders brushing. Jack tapped Daniel on the arm as he passed, “Have a little faith, Daniel.”

Daniel stood agape.

Teal’c raised an eyebrow.

It had been another miraculous escape for the team – saved by on of Jack’s half-backed ideas, Sam’s scientific brilliance and sheer dumb luck.

At exactly 100 words this may be a first for me.

Comment

I am so impressed with all the contributions to the Drabble challenge thus far, both in art and story. Keep it coming!

I'm going to put up the next prompt, but if you still want to contribute a selection to this one feel free.

Comment

Ten Drabbles in Ten Days!

Remember, this doesn't have to be hard. Just a fun little scene/story in 100 words or less. Post them here whenever the muse strikes you (or you strike it)! I'll post a new prompt every 24 hours or so for the next ten days.

Drabble Prompt #2
                          Busted

Comment

My drabble for BUSTED

Spoiler:
                            Jack walked into Sam’s lab with a sundae glass of blue jello. He hadn’t known her long, but he knew she liked blue jello.

It had been a hell of a mission and he knew they all needed a little pick me up. He knew the jello would make her feel better.

As he walked further into her lab he noticed she wasn’t there. He shrugged and decided to wait. He set the glass on the workbench and managed to send something flying to the floor. It smashed at his feet.

Suddenly she was behind him. He was so busted.
                            sigpic
                            Sig made by Nola
                            Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

My drabble for BUSTED

Spoiler:
                              Jack walked into Sam’s lab with a sundae glass of blue jello. He hadn’t known her long, but he knew she liked blue jello.

It had been a hell of a mission and he knew they all needed a little pick me up. He knew the jello would make her feel better.

As he walked further into her lab he noticed she wasn’t there. He shrugged and decided to wait. He set the glass on the workbench and managed to send something flying to the floor. It smashed at his feet.

Suddenly she was behind him. He was so busted.
                              Sweet

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X