Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy 4th of July!

Comment

Stopping by to wish all of those in The USA a Happy Fourth of July! Enjoy the day!
      Thank you to all of you that fight for our Freedom!

And as always, Jack and Sam forever!
      sigpic
      Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        Good catch!

Could it be the same ring as the one Pete proposed with?
        I'm not really a wedding fan and don't gush sentimentally over weddings in general (except an s/j one!) but wth?!?

Why the heck would anyone want to buy a cursed engagement ring?! If I recall they had a hard enough time trying to flog the Sam/Pete photos at a con I went to, everyone was too busy ogling Sam's POV wedding dress and asking if the memorabilia stall had any copies of the POV wedding pic lol!

There are *maybe* 5 Sam/Pete shippers in the fandom - whoever bought this prop to sell I suspect was disappointed.

Edit: Hehe I just noticed it only cost $250! So not a real rock then?
        Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
          I'm not really a wedding fan and don't gush sentimentally over weddings in general (except an s/j one!) but wth?!?

Why the heck would anyone want to buy a cursed engagement ring?! If I recall they had a hard enough time trying to flog the Sam/Pete photos at a con I went to, everyone was too busy ogling Sam's POV wedding dress and asking if the memorabilia stall had any copies of the POV wedding pic lol!

There are *maybe* 5 Sam/Pete shippers in the fandom - whoever bought this prop to sell I suspect was disappointed.

Edit: Hehe I just noticed it only cost $250! So not a real rock then?
          Nah, like the description said it's a gold colored (unspecified) metal with a fake diamond. Pete is so cheap! Couldn't even buy her a real wedding ring and instead came up with this fake, gaudy thing! No wonder it took her two weeks...
          Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Nah, like the description said it's a gold colored (unspecified) metal with a fake diamond. Pete is so cheap! Couldn't even buy her a real wedding ring and instead came up with this fake, gaudy thing! No wonder it took her two weeks...
            You just know Jack would've bought her a round diamond inlayed flat into a platinum band (so it wouldn't have corners which stick out and get in the way!)

Comment

You just know Jack would've bought her a round diamond inlayed flat into a platinum band (so it wouldn't have corners which stick out and get in the way!)
              So true

Comment

Exactly!

Or a white-gold band, I'm good with that too.
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

perhaps I'm in the minority, but I much prefer yellow gold. It suits my skin tone much better than platinum, white gold, or silver. I even gave my platinum set (earrings, necklace, and bracelet) to my daughter. White metals look much better on her. I think the choice of the metal should be based on what looks good on the wearer, regardless of other considerations.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                    perhaps I'm in the minority, but I much prefer yellow gold. It suits my skin tone much better than platinum, white gold, or silver. I even gave my platinum set (earrings, necklace, and bracelet) to my daughter. White metals look much better on her. I think the choice of the metal should be based on what looks good on the wearer, regardless of other considerations.
                    Well, I think white-gold, platinum or silver goes much better with Sam's light skin tone. Other than the ring I don't recall ever seeing her wear any gold either (major leaves don't count! ), but she does have silver earrings.
                    On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I'm very fair, but my skin tone has hints of yellow. If the underlying color is pink (like my daughter) then the white metals do look nice. My sister has an olive tone. She wears either color.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
                        That's true. I'm paler than Kristen Stewart with pink/peach undertones so gold looks terrible on me! Not that I wear much jewellery but I only ever wear silver tones. Some gold rings can be lovely but the one Pete gave her looked really cheap to me. Jack's rings were much prettier (TBFTGOG/POV)

Comment

comparison

sigpic

Comment

The white gold looks a lot more understated, classier.
                            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Good catch!

Could it be the same ring as the one Pete proposed with?
                              loved the notes for this ring: Notes

"Engagement ring worn by actress Amanda Tapping as Samantha Carter, worn often from the SG-1 Season Eight episodes “Affinity” to “Threads”. Sam’s engagement to Denver Colorado police officer Pete Shanahan brought a brief period of happiness to her life, until she faced the fact that her heart belonged to someone else."

yep, her heart belonged to
                              sally

sigpic

Comment

I have never liked yellow gold. I chose a white gold band with 1carat of diamonds set in it so I wouldn't scratch myself or snag clothing.

Marriage didn't exactly work out so if anyone wants to buy it...

But really I think silver tone jewellery looks good on anyone. Yellow only on people with a darker skin tone.
                                The password is fishing...

Comment

Working...
                                X