No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sam is not angry, but she does throw Jack a certain look when he says well, you do have a penchant for pulling brilliant ideas out of your butt in "Redemption, part 1".

Comment

Times Sam is angry with Jack:

'The Light' the argument on the beach.
      'Shades of Grey' when he 'steals' Tollan technology.
      'The Other Side' when Jack closed the Iris on Alar.
      'Scorched Earth' because he orders her to build the naquadah bomb.
      'Zero Hour' because he doesn't trust her to take SG1 out alone (or so she thinks).
      'Ascension' not believing her over the whole Orlan thing.
      '100 days' blanking her when she was trying to tell him how she had saved him.
      'Unnatural selection' leaving Fifth behind.
      'Allegiance' when he cuts off her scientific explanation
      'Hathor' when he won't listen to her concerns about giving a goa'uld run of the base
      '2010' when she comes to the cabin and he won't help reset the timeline
      'Solitudes' splint
      'Singularity' ordering her to leave Cassie
      'Double Jeopardy' Jack wastes time fighting with his robot double
      'Seth' - Hail Dorothy comment
      'Upgrades' he blames the bar fight on her
      'Absolute Power' he won't get her out of jail
      'Revelations' Jack takes the mission for the Asgard and doesn't want to discuss losing Daniel

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        wooo! congrats!
        Thanks!

Comment

I think, the only times Sam actually gets angry with Jack (really angry, for something that he did - and not drug-induced behavior or pure outrage) are in "The Other Side" when he ordered the Iris' closed - which was essentially knowingly killing Alar.
          Then in "Shades of Grey" when he steals the Tolan's technology. And in "Scorched Earth" when he orders her to build the Naquada bomb (or rather turn the generator into one).

In all these incidents there's a profound difference of opinion between them, and although she essentially supports him in front of General Hammond, we see in their eyes that they absolutely don't agree on the subject.

To me, the one episode that always stood out was "the Other Side" in that regard, because in the final scene, the glances between them are just freezing. I remember thinking, when I watched it the first time, that Carter must have really despised him at that moment - at least that's what she looked like.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post
            I think, the only times Sam actually gets angry with Jack (really angry, for something that he did - and not drug-induced behavior or pure outrage) are in "The Other Side" when he ordered the Iris' closed - which was essentially knowingly killing Alar.
            Then in "Shades of Grey" when he steals the Tolan's technology. And in "Scorched Earth" when he orders her to build the Naquada bomb (or rather turn the generator into one).

In all these incidents there's a profound difference of opinion between them, and although she essentially supports him in front of General Hammond, we see in their eyes that they absolutely don't agree on the subject.

To me, the one episode that always stood out was "the Other Side" in that regard, because in the final scene, the glances between them are just freezing. I remember thinking, when I watched it the first time, that Carter must have really despised him at that moment - at least that's what she looked like.
            Hi KJ! Welcome.

I think you are right that Sam and Jack were very rarely truly at odds. While they both have different perspectives, I think these two are so good together because they do share much in common and often find common ground.

Of course the point of the list is not necessarily to focus on when Sam and Jack disagree as to point out moments that will work for nei's project. So Sam just has to appear like she's angry. And let's face it, as adorable as we all think Jack is, he can get on even Sam's nerves sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimberley Jackson View Post

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Hi KJ! Welcome.

I think you are right that Sam and Jack were very rarely truly at odds. While they both have different perspectives, I think these two are so good together because they do share much in common and often find common ground.

Of course the point of the list is not necessarily to focus on when Sam and Jack disagree as to point out moments that will work for nei's project. So Sam just has to appear like she's angry. And let's face it, as adorable as we all think Jack is, he can get on even Sam's nerves sometimes.
              Hi KJ!

I completely agree with those episodes. As hlndncr said its more about her appearing angry, he does get on her nerves a lot. I can't think of any other times when they were truly at odds, those three moments were definitely the worst.

'Zero Hour' because he doesn't trust her to take SG1 out alone (or so she thinks).
              'Hathor' when he won't listen to her concerns about giving a goa'uld run of the base
              'Solitudes' splint
              'Revelations' Jack takes the mission for the Asgard and doesn't want to discuss losing Daniel
              'Brief Candle' he won't let her come back to help him - and she wasn't impressed with his orders for her to ask questions whilst he nurses his 'hangover'.

p.s. I clipped over 20 episodes (not just for angry Sam clips) using mpeg streamclipper so I wouldn't have to put the whole episode into imovie, just checked them and found the quality is shocking. Turns out I was converting to apple jpeg something. Having to clip them all over again to convert to h.264. grrr
              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

what about red sky when jack is ordering carter to dial up earth when the indigenous people blew up our rocket?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                  what about red sky when jack is ordering carter to dial up earth when the indigenous people blew up our rocket?
                  I'm not sure if nei was looking for Jack angry or just Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    I wasn't sure about that scene, is Sam angry at Jack too for wanting to walk out on the indigenous people and leave them to their fate? I seem to remember her telling him she felt responsible and wouldn't be able to reconcile leaving them without trying. That might have happened earlier in the episode though.
                    Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                    If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

sally

sigpic

Comment

Hey, am I the only person who was surprised that Jack wasn't in his blues for the wedding in "200"?
                        sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                        https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          Hey, am I the only person who was surprised that Jack wasn't in his blues for the wedding in "200"?
                          I have two thoughts on that, one is that the wedding takes place after Jack has retired, and as Sam has long hair it is a future projection, but I don't like that idea because it means they aren't married yet ( and for the record I'm not sure in my own mind when they actually do marry)

My second thought is with all the regs they have had in their way they decide t keep their AF side out of the wedding and it is about Sam and Jack, not general o'neill and colonel carter
                          sigpic
                          Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                              Hi KJ!

I completely agree with those episodes. As hlndncr said its more about her appearing angry, he does get on her nerves a lot. I can't think of any other times when they were truly at odds, those three moments were definitely the worst.

'Solitudes' splint
                              'Brief Candle' he won't let her come back to help him - and she wasn't impressed with his orders for her to ask questions whilst he nurses his 'hangover'.

p.s. I clipped over 20 episodes (not just for angry Sam clips) using mpeg streamclipper so I wouldn't have to put the whole episode into imovie, just checked them and found the quality is shocking. Turns out I was converting to apple jpeg something. Having to clip them all over again to convert to h.264. grrr
                              If it's just for appearance's sake then you could also use the shot of Sam in Shades of Grey as Jack walks away from her to talk to Laira at the end.

And were the moments you need just about Sam being angry with Jack or the other way around as well?
                              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

just letting you guys know that Ch. 17 of my story is up and about. link is underneath my banner.

Comment

Working...
                                X