X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    That jacket looks huge on Sam.
    Sorry, I didn't notice, I was too busy staring at Jack's biceps
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
      I'm late to the party since I wasn't on the boards this weekend, but I just had to weigh in!

All I could think of when I started reading the list was how fun it would be to write these! If memory serves there's a plot bunny adoption thread somewhere we could put the ideas on (if no one wants them). Or, maybe we could organize something.... I dunno, but I'd hate to see some of these brilliant ideas go to waste! I don't think the plot bunny adoption thread gets much use (or has all that many adoptions) so maybe it would be better managed from this thread.
      I'd be happy to organize something, perhaps keep the list somewhere and if someone wants to write one of the ideas, put their name against it. A bit like the re-watch lists, but updating it when required.
      Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
      If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
        Sorry, I didn't notice, I was too busy staring at Jack's biceps
        Agreed!

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
        I'd be happy to organize something, perhaps keep the list somewhere and if someone wants to write one of the ideas, put their name against it. A bit like the re-watch lists, but updating it when required.
        I already have the list saved in my word documents so I can read over them any time I want and squee....
        sigpic
        Sig made by Nola
        Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
          I already have the list saved in my word documents so I can read over them any time I want and squee....
          So do I. Like I said before, I'm willing to chip in and write whatever. And if people need a place to plan, I have a collab place on FFnet that I use with some friends. So that's always a little option.
          And... I've got to go again now. The world hates me. -_-
          Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
          My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
            Originally posted by Simlead View Post
            So do I. Like I said before, I'm willing to chip in and write whatever. And if people need a place to plan, I have a collab place on FFnet that I use with some friends. So that's always a little option.
            And... I've got to go again now. The world hates me. -_-
            Personally I think a little organization would be nice. I'm not sure how many people have the desire/time to write and whether or not policing this would be a good use of anyone's time, but it certainly did pop into my head (and, as I can see, into the heads of others as well - man, I love this fandom! ).
            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I guess you guys could do it similarly as the rewatch schedule and simply volunteer for the ideas and make sure they're all done in a timely fashion (Ship Day is approaching, for example).
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
                Personally I think a little organization would be nice. I'm not sure how many people have the desire/time to write and whether or not policing this would be a good use of anyone's time, but it certainly did pop into my head (and, as I can see, into the heads of others as well - man, I love this fandom! ).
                I think, if we have at least 3 people (because, realistically, we'd need that many - there are 26 episodes) and time to write a chapter at least once a fortnight/week or so... It'd be a good idea. There's more than us out there, that's proven, so people would be bound to be interested in reading it and it looks like it'd be fun in the writing stage (to me). Anyway, count me in for sure.

Comment

I think, if we have at least 3 people (because, realistically, we'd need that many - there are 26 episodes) and time to write a chapter at least once a fortnight/week or so... It'd be a good idea. There's more than us out there, that's proven, so people would be bound to be interested in reading it and it looks like it'd be fun in the writing stage (to me). Anyway, count me in for sure.
                  I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to do a collaboration with someone. I started one years ago when I first started writing fanfic but for one reason or another, it never got finished/ we lost contact. From what little I can remember from it, it was pretty decent. My writing was beyond awful back then... but I think I've improved slightly in the past ten years!
                  sigpic
                  Sig made by Nola
                  Latest fic Thin Blue Veil

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I'd love to do a collaboration with someone. I started one years ago when I first started writing fanfic but for one reason or another, it never got finished/ we lost contact. From what little I can remember from it, it was pretty decent. My writing was beyond awful back then... but I think I've improved slightly in the past ten years!
                    I started one once, too - way back in my X-Files days. I think we got pretty far on it but then, again, something happened and we stopped. I don't even really remember what it was about. But I do remember coming across it several years ago on my on the old Delphi boards and thinking I'd finish it. I've never gotten around to it, though.
                    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

I completely agree. If there's anyone I'd want to do a collaboration with, it's you people. I started one with J4S, actually. Planning it, that's all. It's a Sam/Jack fic and we're open-planning it on a FFnet forum. Until then, it'd been years since I'd last done a collab (the last one I was in did get finished, and quite well too, but we haven't spoken since) and I'd forgotten how great it was to work with someone you get along with and who writes as well as you.

Comment

I completely agree. If there's anyone I'd want to do a collaboration with, it's you people. I started one with J4S, actually. Planning it, that's all. It's a Sam/Jack fic and we're open-planning it on a FFnet forum. Until then, it'd been years since I'd last done a collab (the last one I was in did get finished, and quite well too, but we haven't spoken since) and I'd forgotten how great it was to work with someone you get along with and who writes as well as you.
                        If you both have gmail you can also use Google Drive to share documents (and PP, excel, etc) with each other. I always find that very pleasant to work in when beta-ing or collaborating on a different project with A Karswyll, because you can work in the same file simultaneously and see any additions/edits/comments the other makes. Plus you can even chat in the same window, I believe.

Just saying it might be handy for you if some of you are going to write these ficlets together.
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          If you both have gmail you can also use Google Drive to share documents (and PP, excel, etc) with each other. I always find that very pleasant to work in when beta-ing or collaborating on a different project with A Karswyll, because you can work in the same file simultaneously and see any additions/edits/comments the other makes. Plus you can even chat in the same window, I believe.

Just saying it might be handy for you if some of you are going to write these ficlets together.
                          Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have a Sky/Yahoo Mail account for personal mail and site registrations and a gaming email on Hotmail. I did talk a friend once who had done a collab via Google Drive and she said it was useful as well (she showed me a list of leaders she'd co-authored on for a Roleplay Game she was helping me make).

There is the smaller, more limited option of talking on a thread (whether that's here or FFnet) and sharing docs via some other service. The DocX system on FF, if it gets down to that. We'd only need it for editing one person's finished piece if we each take an episode/a couple of episodes.

Comment

Thanks for the tip. Unfortunately, I have a Sky/Yahoo Mail account for personal mail and site registrations and a gaming email on Hotmail. I did talk a friend once who had done a collab via Google Drive and she said it was useful as well (she showed me a list of leaders she'd co-authored on for a Roleplay Game she was helping me make).

There is the smaller, more limited option of talking on a thread (whether that's here or FFnet) and sharing docs via some other service. The DocX system on FF, if it gets down to that. We'd only need it for editing one person's finished piece if we each take an episode/a couple of episodes.
                            Ah, that's too bad. Not that it's difficult to make a gmail account if one wants to... I just thought it might be handy to keep things like the overview of shippy eps you guys came up with, along with a list of which fics are going to be written by whom etc.
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

I guess you guys could do it similarly as the rewatch schedule and simply volunteer for the ideas and make sure they're all done in a timely fashion (Ship Day is approaching, for example).
                              Yes that's what I meant - shipday as a deadline is a great idea! I think it does need organising, at least so we don't all write the same one.
                              Don't get it right, get it written - Unknown, they haven't decided who said it first
                              If you want something in life, you have to work for it

Turn off lights not in use, buy local produce where possible, recycle all you can. Help save YOUR planet.

Comment

Ah, that's too bad. Not that it's difficult to make a gmail account if one wants to... I just thought it might be handy to keep things like the overview of shippy eps you guys came up with, along with a list of which fics are going to be written by whom etc.
                                It'd probably be easier to decide whether we would all make gmail accounts if we knew how many were interested in giving it a proper go and how many of that number had an account on there already.

Opinions, anyone else?

Comment

Working...
                                X