X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
    Language OT:
    Spoiler:

English is not necessarily the best language of love. "I love you" can and does indeed have many different meanings depending on the context in which it is spoken. But it is still considered my most to be the definitive phrase for confirming *romantic* love between two lovers.

On a side note, I've always been particularly fascinated by the concept of the masculine versus feminine versions of words in foreign languages. Like "ami" versus "amie" (the masculine and feminine versions of the word "friend") or "cher" versus "cherie" ("dear"). Really, I think I just like them because they look pretty. Just like I like the Brittish-English spelling of words like "colour", "behaviour", etc. They're just prettier in Brittish. Yeah, I am an artist through and through...

Spoiler:
    ahah well I've never really thought about the concept of masculine/feminime, cos, like in French, also in Italian it's normal
    Anyway, I can say "TI VOGLIO BENE" to many people, but "TI AMO" is only for lovers
    For the Brittish-English spelling...for me it's the contrary: I've always studied it at school, it's more complicated for me to understand American spelling/slang

ps: I always wondered why in English there is not a word for the light blue
    sigpic
    My vids Sig made by me

Comment

I was *looking* for a list of such moments. Still haven't found one, and I kinda got distracted before I could make my own, though I may well get that compiled when I do my next Shippy re-watch. Which may be sooner than I had planned... cause...

Mostlly OT RL saga...
      Spoiler:
      I met a boy. And I like him. I knew I was in trouble the moment I laid eyes on him. He's cute. And me and *cute* tend to be *trouble*. And then he told me he's an XF fan. I squeed. Out loud. Right there in front of him. And then... he told me that a friend had just lent him the DVDs for another sci-fi series he hadn't seen yet... Stargate. I melted. Then I showed him a vid or two of mine. And then I asked if he'd be interested in letting me usher him into the world of Stargate. And he said yes!

And then he offered me Southern Comfort, and I was and am *smitten*. <le sigh> I haven't really *liked* liked a boy in a long time... so... we'll see... but he's off to a great start!
      Really? I'm starting to think I need to just direct my questions to you from now on.
      And your OT RL
      Spoiler:
      Awwww... look at you all smitten! You're so cute!!

Southern Comfort you say? That's my drink too. Peachy!

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
        Really? I'm starting to think I need to just direct my questions to you from now on.
        And your OT RL
        Spoiler:
        Awwww... look at you all smitten! You're so cute!!

Southern Comfort you say? That's my drink too. Peachy!
        Guess I'm just the girl with all the answers today, lol!

RL OT:
        Spoiler:
        Yeah, I am. I really am. And I forgot how much fun it can be to actually *be* smitten! You know, rather than just getting all giggly and squeeful over TV couples being smitten...

As for SoCo... It also goes great with my one and only soda beverage, Dr. Pepper. Which *the boy* also likes... <le sigh>
        Love and hot fudge,
        Bren Ren
        ~
        My stories!
        ~

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
          Spoiler:

Spoiler:
          What?? There is not??
          sigpic

Comment

Here are a few:

Azure--usually refers to a light sky-blue color
            Cerulean--lightest blue
            Aquamarine--a light greenish-blue--like the color of shallow ocean
            sigpic
            My Stories: FFdotNet
            My Stories AO3
            Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
              Here are a few:

Cerulean--lightest blue
              or we could just say "the color of Sam's eyes" lol
              sigpic
              thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Guess I'm just the girl with all the answers today, lol!

RL OT:
                Spoiler:

As for SoCo... It also goes great with my one and only soda beverage, Dr. Pepper. Which *the boy* also likes... <le sigh>
                Spoiler:
                My friend drinks SoCo no rocks. That's unusual, I think
                sigpic

Comment

HEY GUYS!

It's been a looong time since I last bisited GW, and I was just passin' through and realized how much I MISS YOU ALL!

How is everyone? Still shipping strong I see! <3
                  Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Here are a few:

Cerulean--lightest blue
                    The X-Phile in me has always been particular to Cerulean blue...

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                    Spoiler:
                    My friend drinks SoCo no rocks. That's unusual, I think
                    Nah...
                    Spoiler:
                    Straight up, on the rocks, mixed with Dr P... it's all good!

On topic....

LOOK!

That is all.
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

or we could just say "the color of Sam's eyes" lol
                      Well, there is that!
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

*sigh* Man, I missed having to wipe drool from my keyboard.

:3
                        Too cool for a signature.

Comment

Well, there is that!
                          haha yeah although i think only shippers would understand me if i was like "yeah i bought this shirt the other day that was the color of sam's eyes" lol
                          sigpic

Comment

*sigh* Man, I missed having to wipe drool from my keyboard.
                            I have to do that everytime Grace kiss pops up, too. Men should have to take a class before asking girls out.

Grace Kiss 101: Techniques and Mobilizations to Kiss Like Jack
                            sigpic
                            My Stories AO3

Comment

I have to do that everytime Grace kiss pops up, too. Men should have to take a class before asking girls out.

Grace Kiss 101: Techniques and Mobilizations to Kiss Like Jack
                              hahaha they should really offer that class!
                              sigpic

Comment

Here are a few:

Cerulean--lightest blue
                                Spoiler:
                                yes, i know that there are these words...but are they commonly used? I'm just curious
                                ...and a X-Phile like me knows the cerulean blue very well
                                sigpic
                                My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Working...
                                X