Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think some of my ex-BF could learn a lot from Jack
    To wait 8 years before finally asking you out? Hmmmmmmmmm.

That's a long, dry 8 years, if you ask me!
    sigpic
    My Stories: FFdotNet
    My Stories AO3
    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post

sigpic

Comment

I was more thinking along the lines of kissing

8 years dry...*faints* Just...no...

Or I'm such an innocent girl that I think it is worth the wait

*adjusts halo*
        sigpic

Comment

(((((Pol))))

Originally posted by starlover
          Like Uhsir mentioned there are at least two vids with that song, but not online anymore, if you want I can upload them somewhere so you can watch them or so...PM me about that.
          I've heard back from one of the vidders and hopefully we'll have a link soon!

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
          Quickie before I go to work:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...soitBegins.jpg
          Today is the first day of the rest of their lives...
          Awwww, that's such a sweet thought to start the day with!

Comment

But how it was worth it I think Sam would do it again. I mean knowing that it took some much time I think she would do it all over again 'cause in the end it was all worth it
            sigpic

Comment

Gutter pun. . .

Spoiler:
              eightplay. . .instead of 4, I mean. . .way obscure. . .

Slightly OT FanFic question: I hope I'm not overstepping something by asking this. . .
              Spoiler:

Is it normal for FFnet to have issues with emailing alerts about reviews and stuff? I haven't heard from them in a few days--even though my review count is rising. Is this normal? I've only been doing this for a few months, so I'm not sure if they have outages from time to time. I find that I'm quite the little review-monger. Not getting alerts makes me sad. Just wondering. . .
              sigpic
              My Stories AO3

Comment

Gutter pun. . .

Spoiler:
                Not obscure. The gutter side of me can't believe that, over all those years, absolutely nothing happened. There had to be an occasional experiment. Unfortunately the angst side of me is a big bully so I don't get to enjoy those thoughts too often.

Comment

Gutter pun. . .

Slightly OT FanFic question: I hope I'm not overstepping something by asking this. . .
                  Spoiler:

Is it normal for FFnet to have issues with emailing alerts about reviews and stuff? I haven't heard from them in a few days--even though my review count is rising. Is this normal? I've only been doing this for a few months, so I'm not sure if they have outages from time to time. I find that I'm quite the little review-monger. Not getting alerts makes me sad. Just wondering. . .

OT
                  Spoiler:

perfectly normal. FF.net has those odd moments.

Pol
                  Spoiler:

*Hugs* It will make things better when it's done. For what its worth, when my mum had hers done a few years ago they said 6 month recovery but, in fact, she was far more mobile and pain free inside three months so, with care and patience the post op period won't be too bad.

Happy Birthday Treknik!

I have absolutely nothing shippy to contibute. Hmm.... Has anyone seen my mojo? I think I left it aorund here somewhere?
                  sigpic

Comment

Gutter pun. . .

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

The obscure ROCKS! Almost as much as the absurd...

As for FFnet... Very common *glitch*. And feedback slut junkie that I am, it drives me batty too... I know, I know. Short trip.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                    Not obscure. The gutter side of me can't believe that, over all those years, absolutely nothing happened. There had to be an occasional experiment. Unfortunately the angst side of me is a big bully so I don't get to enjoy those thoughts too often.
                    Well, it wasn't *absolutely* nothing. There was that whole Neanderthal virus thing. And the Time Loops! Mustn't forget the Time Loops! Lots of...erm... frustrations... were vented during the Time Loops, I'm sure! And... ummm.... well, I'm sure there were a few more *convenient excuses over the years. Cause you know, there is a lot of time in Offscreensville that could've been filled with...er... frustration-relieving activities... Yeah, that's it. Frustration. Much nicer word than horny, doncha think?

No, I'm not awake. But I'm up. Sorta. And as always, deep in the Gutter. But I need more coffeee.....
                    Love and hot fudge,
                    Bren Ren
                    ~
                    My stories!
                    ~

sigpic

Comment

According to most fanfic, they were practically rabbits!

The obscure ROCKS! Almost as much as the absurd...

As for FFnet... Very common *glitch*. And feedback slut junkie that I am, it drives me batty too... I know, I know. Short trip.
                      And thanks for the validation and the info. I was going to use a different word . . . rhymes with bore . . .but "junkie" works for me, too.
                      sigpic
                      My Stories AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol
                        Edit: Oh and weird thing with the new forum. If I click next to a quoted person's name to pop back to their original post, I am instead taken to the first page of the forum. This happening to anyone else?
                        All the time. Haven't figured a way around that yet.

Gutter pun. . .

Spoiler:

Nope. Not overstepping at all. ff.net seems to frequently have problems like that. I'm wondering if it's your "review" count that's rising, or the "hit" count that's rising? I've noticed the "hit" count will often be about 20 (more or less) times larger than the number of reviews that are left.

Comment

OT fanfic:

Spoiler:
                          ff.net seems to frequently have problems like that. I'm wondering if it's your "review" count that's rising, or the "hit" count that's rising? I've noticed the "hit" count will often be about 20 (more or less) times larger than the number of reviews that are left.
                          The counts seem to be okay--it's just that I'm not getting email notifications on anything--and things just seem to be really slow. And I never get as many reviews as hits. Sometimes I'll have 800 hits and only 20 or so reviews. I'm not sure what to think about that! is that normal?
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

OT fanfic:

Spoiler:

The counts seem to be okay--it's just that I'm not getting email notifications on anything--and things just seem to be really slow. And I never get as many reviews as hits. Sometimes I'll have 800 hits and only 20 or so reviews. I'm not sure what to think about that! is that normal?
                            I'm assuming that's normal, since very few people who read the stories actually leave reviews. I don't know what that means, though. Whether all those non-reviewers don't like the story or don't know what to say or like the story and still don't know what to say or don't have time to leave a review. I'd be curious to know, though.

It does seem as though ff.net has frequent slow downs or problems of some kind, but so far they've always gotten past the problems and back to sending out notifications.

Comment

It does seem as though ff.net has frequent slow downs or problems of some kind, but so far they've always gotten past the problems and back to sending out notifications.
                              Then I will stop obsessing about it and get back to being productive! Thanks for the info. . .
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

OT fanfic:

Spoiler:

FFnet OT
                                Spoiler:
                                Do not complain! Seriously, I'm lucky to get a dozen reviews on any given story... 20? That's mighty impressive! What's your secret?
                                Love and hot fudge,
                                Bren Ren
                                ~
                                My stories!
                                ~

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X