Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
    so ive been watching S/J videos for awhile now, because ive had a terrible day and watching them is cheering me up in a shippy way , and i was just wondering if you guys know if anybody has ever done a video with the song "how to save a life" by the fray. i watched a video with a different song by them and i got to thinking that there are some pretty perfect s/j moments for that song...at least i think so ...so anyway, yeah. anybody know?
    It was done twice, but both are offline. I've sent queries to the vidders.

Comment

Hi folks. ::: sigh::: I've been absent of late, and I miss you all!

So, I'll begin with a Mala pic:

'cause it's lovely and it captures them so well.

OK.
      Spoiler:
      So...my back. I broke it as a kid, spent a year in a wheelchair, and then interminable years in PT (Physical Therapy...hmm. Is it a coincidence that I eventually married a PT? Hmmm.) 13 years ago my (now) ex-spouse got violent and, long story short, I ended up with a disc rupture at that same injury point. Had to have back surgery. Now it seems the disc has degenerated to nothing and the spine must be fused. My loving partner (or spouse, depending upon your POV) the aforementioned PT, and I are making plans for that surgery, trying to pick the best possible time between school terms, my doctoral program and my other writing commitments. Turns out the spinal fusion is way more scary than "just" the micro discectomy I had before. Lovely.

I think I've had my fair share. I am also a breast cancer survivor (at freakin' age 25!), a melanoma survivor, and now this at (in a month) 42. Yeesh. I always know when I've had killer back pain in my sleep because I have what we call "wheelchair dreams." That's where I dream I'm in a wheelchair (and competing in the para-Olympics, LOL).

Anyway, that's why the writing has been delayed. I'm sorry. I'm just struggling to recapture some time, mojo, energy, and fit it all in. I do love coming here and getting my fix. Forgive the delay, pull up some fic by APA, JennF, Rachel500, Soleya, Leiasky, Twilight, Amanda and so many of our other talented authors here and have a blast. If you visit my ff.net page and go to "favorites" you'll find a veritable goldmine of awesome fics.

One last thing...I love this Einstein quote...it's a "Sam" thing in my head. "Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts. " Jack's gonna toss that at Sam in an upcoming Campfire, I'm sure of it. He (Jack) is, after all, a man of hidden depths.

Edit: Oh and weird thing with the new forum. If I click next to a quoted person's name to pop back to their original post, I am instead taken to the first page of the forum. This happening to anyone else?
      Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Hey, I'm catching up here and can't seem to even find the scales with which to add green! What gives?

Edit: 'course *just* after I posted this I found the little star doohickey on the bottom. yeesh. small much?
        Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
          Hey, I'm catching up here and can't seem to even find the scales with which to add green! What gives?

Edit: 'course *just* after I posted this I found the little star doohickey on the bottom. yeesh. small much?

Hi, Pol I think that's one of your first visits on the threat since I joined and we haven't had an opportunity to meet yet. So, hi, nice to finally meet you and I'm so happy you are with us again I love you fics and would love to read some new ones but first of all: everything is gonna be alright!!!

And yeah, you found a small star, that's the one!!!
          sigpic

Comment

Happy Birthday
            Treknik

sigpic

Comment

happy b-day treknik also from me!
              sigpic
              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                Hi folks. ::: sigh::: I've been absent of late, and I miss you all!

So, I'll begin with a Mala pic:
                http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l...rBWGloMala.jpg
                'cause it's lovely and it captures them so well.

OK.
                Spoiler:
                So...my back. I broke it as a kid, spent a year in a wheelchair, and then interminable years in PT (Physical Therapy...hmm. Is it a coincidence that I eventually married a PT? Hmmm.) 13 years ago my (now) ex-spouse got violent and, long story short, I ended up with a disc rupture at that same injury point. Had to have back surgery. Now it seems the disc has degenerated to nothing and the spine must be fused. My loving partner (or spouse, depending upon your POV) the aforementioned PT, and I are making plans for that surgery, trying to pick the best possible time between school terms, my doctoral program and my other writing commitments. Turns out the spinal fusion is way more scary than "just" the micro discectomy I had before. Lovely.

I think I've had my fair share. I am also a breast cancer survivor (at freakin' age 25!), a melanoma survivor, and now this at (in a month) 42. Yeesh. I always know when I've had killer back pain in my sleep because I have what we call "wheelchair dreams." That's where I dream I'm in a wheelchair (and competing in the para-Olympics, LOL).
                Wow (((((Pol)))) I hope everything will go well in the end *huggles again*

Edit: Oh and weird thing with the new forum. If I click next to a quoted person's name to pop back to their original post, I am instead taken to the first page of the forum. This happening to anyone else?
                I have the same problem thus you're not the only one!

I'm already happy that they finally fixed the "going to first unread post" from the control panel!
                and 200 PMs *iz in love*

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                Happy Birthday
                Treknik

From me too!!! Have an awesome day Treknik!

Originally posted by Keaira Taegan View Post
                so ive been watching S/J videos for awhile now, because ive had a terrible day and watching them is cheering me up in a shippy way , and i was just wondering if you guys know if anybody has ever done a video with the song "how to save a life" by the fray. i watched a video with a different song by them and i got to thinking that there are some pretty perfect s/j moments for that song...at least i think so ...so anyway, yeah. anybody know?
                Like Uhsir mentioned there are at least two vids with that song, but not online anymore, if you want I can upload them somewhere so you can watch them or so...PM me about that.
                sigpic

Comment

Hmmmm, where is evryone nothing to do

sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                      The last time I tried greening, I didn't even get a box. It just automatically gave the green, without letting me leave a comment. The only way I've gotten it to let me leave a message is to open it in a new tab, lol, which is a serious pain.
                      That sounds like you may have your Pop Up Blocker turned on. Try holding down the Control Key when you click on the star. If that works you can just continue to do it that way or go into your blocker and allow Pop Ups from Gateworld.
                      DDC

Comment

Where is starlover with the kiss?? I need it

sigpic

Comment

Quickie before I go to work:

Today is the first day of the rest of their lives...

Comment

Originally posted by kusanagi View Post
                            Happy Birthday
                            Treknik

From me too!!!!!!!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                              Quickie before I go to work:

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o...soitBegins.jpg
                              Today is the first day of the rest of their lives...

Have a great day at work!!
                              sigpic

Comment

I iz here.

Tongue. Yaaaaaaaaaaaay See how much they are into it

I think some of my ex-BF could learn a lot from Jack
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X