No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay, I just watched Ripple Effect. So many Sams and not a single Jack?! It was a little disappointing to see that, but the episode was good. I liked the insight into some of the other Sams' lives and the episode had some nice humor in it. I just want to know, are we going to see more of Mitchell losing his pants?

About the almost kiss to Martouf -

The way I see it, is that she does "care" about Martouf (not necessarily Lantash) in a non-intimate relationship/only good friends sort of way. So then by adding the memories and overwhelming emotions left by Jolinar for Martouf/Lantash, you have created a new emotional love so powerful that it would be difficult to ignore. To me, it's like seeing an old love, where you feel the emotions (like Jack would feel with Sara) momentarily, but then it subsides and becomes more of an excitement of seeing that person again. You may love that person, but not really love them.

You can clearly see that Sam is taken by the fact that she is alone with Martouf (whose body language is screaming kiss me) and that her connection with him and Jolinar's emotions for him are confusing her to the point that she leans in. Sam is thankful for Kvasir's interruption and comes to the realization that what she was doing was wrong.

Emotions are a powerful force. Look at how Sam and Jack turned out. They couldn't deny them.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
      About the almost kiss to Martouf -

The way I see it, is that she does "care" about Martouf (not necessarily Lantash) in a non-intimate relationship/only good friends sort of way. So then by adding the memories and overwhelming emotions left by Jolinar for Martouf/Lantash, you have created a new emotional love so powerful that it would be difficult to ignore. To me, it's like seeing an old love, where you feel the emotions (like Jack would feel with Sara) momentarily, but then it subsides and becomes more of an excitement of seeing that person again. You may love that person, but not really love them.

You can clearly see that Sam is taken by the fact that she is alone with Martouf (whose body language is screaming kiss me) and that her connection with him and Jolinar's emotions for him are confusing her to the point that she leans in. Sam is thankful for Kvasir's interruption and comes to the realization that what she was doing was wrong.
      And that, my friend, is exactly why I find it shippy. There's genuine relief in her reaction, which only makes sense if there's a reason she shouldn't be kissing Martouf. Which rather suggests, as she says in EDM, that she's with someone else . And that's pretty much the point of my ficlette, too

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
        *whistles innocently*

self-pimps

Personally, I love RE. Though it's possible my sense of humor's just as wicked as TPTBs...
        You and I think a lot alike. That is exactly how I see it.

And that, my friend, is exactly why I find it shippy. There's genuine relief in her reaction, which only makes sense if there's a reason she shouldn't be kissing Martouf. Which rather suggests, as she says in EDM, that she's with someone else . And that's pretty much the point of my ficlette, too
        Very true and great fic.
        sigpic
        I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

pop pop pop pop pop pop pop

Hey Shippers
          Just popping in

Nice Password drabble Bren
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Ok.

I was just checking my profile page and at the bottom of it says 'Moderation Tools'.

Do you think Sam & Jack were using some Moderation Tools to keep them sane over the years?
            sigpic
            sig by Mada
            As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
              Ok.

I was just checking my profile page and at the bottom of it says 'Moderation Tools'.

Do you think Sam & Jack were using some Moderation Tools to keep them sane over the years?
              Well.. many of you know my answer.

Yes. And I think they still do. Cause they still spend a lot of time apart...

Well, they say Moderation is good. In everything.

(and get out of the gutter.. I mean ways to help them be moderate in everything. That's all. Honest.)

Comment

Well, they say Moderation is good. In everything.

(and get out of the gutter.. I mean ways to help them be moderate in everything. That's all. Honest.)

"Get out of the Gutter"??? Surely you jest!

Everything in moderation. Including moderation.
                Love and hot fudge,
                Bren Ren
                ~
                My stories!
                ~

sigpic

Comment

Hey guys! Just a quick reminder:

Please no talking about fans of other ship pairings in here, especially not in a derogatory fashion. They are unable to defend themselves and it's against the rules.

Also, please don't talk about other threads and people in those threads in here. Again, they are unable to defend themselves and, really, doing that is pretty rude.

Thanks!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Thanks to starlover for pointing me to this vidder, starg8rocks, on youtube:
                    Last edited by UhSir; 25 January 2010, 05:11 PM.

Comment

so ive been watching S/J videos for awhile now, because ive had a terrible day and watching them is cheering me up in a shippy way , and i was just wondering if you guys know if anybody has ever done a video with the song "how to save a life" by the fray. i watched a video with a different song by them and i got to thinking that there are some pretty perfect s/j moments for that song...at least i think so ...so anyway, yeah. anybody know?
                      sigpic
                      thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by BrenRen View Post
                        Is that what it is? I think I get it now... as much as someone who has yet to see a single ep of Sanctuary can, anyway. <ducks from the flying tomotoes> Yes, I fangurl AT as much as the next Shipper, I just... I dunno... Can't seem to make myself want to see her as anyone but Sam yet--especially if there's a chance I'd be shipping her with someone who isn't Jack. Just the idea of that gives me the hee-bee-gee-bees... Someday. I promise. Someday. Just not today.
                        I love Sanctuary...and I feel like I'm seeing Helen without seeing Sam. However, I can't ship Helen with anyone (because subliminally, on some level, I must still be seeing Sam when I look at Helen--LOL!)...especially since the someone most people ship Helen with is Jack the Ripper. Love Chris Heyerdahl...hate the character.

And apparently, I'm suffering some relationship confusion too.

Yes. I'm nuts.

Comment

Slightly OT Sanctuary (replying to sg-1fanintn):
                          Spoiler:
                          Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                          I love Sanctuary...and I feel like I'm seeing Helen without seeing Sam. However, I can't ship Helen with anyone (because subliminally, on some level, I must still be seeing Sam when I look at Helen--LOL!)...especially since the someone most people ship Helen with is Jack the Ripper. Love Chris Heyerdahl...hate the character.
                          Not necessarily. 'Cause the only person (who's still on the show.. not counting dead former lovers) she's actually got romantic-type feelings for is Druitt, so if you're not interested in that character and her relationship with him, it's perfectly reasonable not to ship her with anyone else. So it might just be you don't feel a need to 'stick' her into a relationship, not that you still see her as Sam on some level.

Comment

Slightly OT Sanctuary (replying to sg-1fanintn):
                            Spoiler:
                            Not necessarily. 'Cause the only person (who's still on the show.. not counting dead former lovers) she's actually got romantic-type feelings for is Druitt, so if you're not interested in that character and her relationship with him, it's perfectly reasonable not to ship her with anyone else. So it might just be you don't feel a need to 'stick' her into a relationship, not that you still see her as Sam on some level.
                            Honestly (and I'm going a little OT here):

Spoiler:
                            Yes, you have a point...and I don't feel the need to ship her with anyone. Especially Druitt, because of his...faults. I can't see that brilliant, accomplished woman being interested in a mass murderer, despite the compassion she feels for abnormals and their plights. However, I think Helen sees John in the frame of their youth...because of her compassion. And that probably makes no sense at all.

Now Sam and Jack: that makes perfect sense to me!!!

Comment

Ahhhhh....a little something left over from last year's Valenship:

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                                Off Topic Football
                                Spoiler:
                                I like football just in general, the team doesn't matter to me. But I have to be happy about the Saints cuz my daughter's beau is born and bred in New Orleans so he's a very happy fella right now and that makes her happy and that makes me happy. But it was a really good game any way I look at it. If I ignore the massive number of interceptions. And I'll let them slide because Favre was getting the snot knocked out him all night. Poor guy.
                                Football OT:

Spoiler:
                                At least you guys have good teams.....I'm from Buffalo....our football (not the soccer kind) team SUX......badly......our team has taken poor performance to a whole new level....we haven't had a winning season in so long.....I'd say that the days where our team had a shot at the Super Bowl title are long since past......

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                                Ok I have a rather um, it's probably a stupid question But when I click on the rep symbol to give someone green, I have to scroll to the top of the page to get the little box, does anyone else have this? I never had to do that before the change
                                my rep thingy works OK.....or at least it was last time I used it.....

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                                The last time I tried greening, I didn't even get a box. It just automatically gave the green, without letting me leave a comment. The only way I've gotten it to let me leave a message is to open it in a new tab, lol, which is a serious pain.
                                perhaps we have another Replicator infestation....

Comment

Working...
                                X