Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 10: Line in the Sand – Sam's password is “Fishing” (7)

vs.

Season 2: A Matter of Time – Jack asks Sam to explain wormhole travel to him (15)

Cute, befuddled Jack gets my vote. Boy, does he look good in this scene, can't imagine why Sam doesn't offer to explain wormholes to him in private... *splash in the gutter*

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes

vs.

Continuum: Sam and Jack discussing the "Moonbase"

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (1)

vs.

First time - hands down. Because there is only one first time.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by brendini View Post
          Let me say this: I'm not a fan of Pete (seriously, how can they actually make fun of his behavior with the whole FBI check, etc.?), but I don't demonize him either. It almost seemed like Sam was a rebound relationship (from his divorce) with the way he reacted to things.
          Just my 2 cents' worth.
          I never really took this into consideration, but for me I think it was the other way around and Pete was a rebound for Sam, who was trying to get over Jack (unsuccessfully, of course!).

Comment

I get to vote early for a change!!

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (2)

vs.

Comment

I get to vote early for a change!!

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (2)

vs.

Continuum: Sam and Jack discussing the "Moonbase" (1)

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I never really took this into consideration, but for me I think it was the other way around and Pete was a rebound for Sam, who was trying to get over Jack (unsuccessfully, of course!).

i've looked at it like this too.

~my big contribution to the discussion
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (3)

vs.

This is tough! But I'll have to go with the beginning moment when the camera deliberately cuts to Sam for her reaction to Jack's sarcastic repartee. If the moment was just intended to make the audience laugh, they wouldn't have shown her reaction. By doing so however (and in that 'meta' way) it's as though we, as the audience are urged to see the sort of relationship that will be developing between these two.
                  Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (4)

vs.

I so have to go with the bad jokes My boyfriend is watching SG-1 for the first time (good excuse for me to join in a rewatch hehe) and after this scene he asked me how it was not possible that those two (as he indicated) don't end up together on screen?!? The attraction is all over the place (his words not mine ) So yeah this wins it for me
                    sigpic
                    Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post

That makes total sense to me, too. Maybe they were each other's rebounds?

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (5)

vs.

I love the easy early jokes, and that she gets his sense of humor right away. How did they not spontaneously combust at some point??? lol

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (6)

vs.

--------

Because as Jack said, "You never forget your first."

Or was it "The first one's the hardest?"

Oh well.

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (7)

vs.

Comment

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (8)

vs.

sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post

Season 1: Children of the Gods - The first time Jack makes Sam laugh with one of his bad jokes (4)

vs.

I so have to go with the bad jokes My boyfriend is watching SG-1 for the first time (good excuse for me to join in a rewatch hehe) and after this scene he asked me how it was not possible that those two (as he indicated) don't end up together on screen?!? The attraction is all over the place (his words not mine ) So yeah this wins it for me
                              Which makes me wonder about the statements made by the writers/producers/directors that they didn't see the "ship" from the beginning and never really noticed it until the 2d year or so of the series. How could they not have seen it right from the start?

Comment

none is so blind as he who will not see
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X