Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Best Shippy Moment is . . .

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (8)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (9)

In general this 2-part episode gets me every time: from the moment he's thawed and told that he's the only survivor (I invariably fill in what's going on in his head when he's told that as I watch the episode), and I'm sure Sam makes a little involuntary sound when she's told that she's the only survivor, then there's the moment he figures out something is wrong and goes looking and finds HER...and he's so...well...gentle when he wakes her up, all the way up to THE hug.

This scene specifically is gorgeous because he's a man...not a corpse -of course he's distracted! But I think he is way more distracted than, say, Daniel would be in the same situation...because it's SAM.

So, this one gets my vote because of all of the weight of ship immediately around it, as well as on its own merit.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (8)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (9)

Nekkidness!
      sigpic

Comment

pssst! Dipso and I posted at the same time...could somebody fix the count???
        sigpic
        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

regarding sam marrying pete, it seems like during threads she already had doubts about going through with the wedding it just seems like jacob's death was the final straw for her to finally make her decision.

Comment

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (11)

How can he resist? And, fixed.
            Your Life Was Amazing Until You Met Me
            My FF.net . My Sci-Fi Art . My Stargate RPG . Sam/Jack Made Up Episodes Project

Comment

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (12)

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...13277740719861

sigpic

Comment

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (13)
                sigpic

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (9)

vs.

After much consideration, have to go with Secrets - that secret smile that lights both their eyes shows how delighted they are by their "moments"
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by neverendingimagination View Post
                    My muse reared her head the other day, I started wondering what might have happened if Sam had married and his jealousy and insecurities over her going away to work, and not knowing exactly what she did every day escalated. This 'wondering' has developed into a full blown J/S angsty/romance fic, no idea how long it might be, I'm just going with it for now. Got two on the go, could be interesting.
                    I read 'mother' instead of muse at first and was thoroughly confused! Angsty romance fics are usually the best, in my opinion.

A word of advice though;

Spoiler:
                    try to guesstimate how long the story is going to be or at least get an outline of the important parts (like beginning, middle and end and which things have to happen) you want to include, or you might get carried away with the story and end up with a very long story that takes on a life of its own. I didn't really have any of that for my first fic except for a vague idea of what was to happen (what was mentioned in the summary and some major life changing stuff) and just started writing and, encouraged by my lovely reviewers, kept going... and going... and going... until I had 80 chapters and >300K words. And even then I needed a 25-chapter sequel to give it a proper ending for myself (and still have more ideas for sequels)...

Since then I've made it a point to get proper outlines and try to envision how many chapters (and what length) I would need, because it's so easy to get sidetracked and basically lose sight of the plot, especially when it's a romance fic. Not that I'm not proud of my first fic but there are things that made me frown/cringe or wonder why I even included it because it detracts from the actual story I had in mind. Since then I've tightened things up a bit after a thorough editing session but I can't really start deleting events without altering the story now.

Also, if you're gonna write two fics at the same time make NOTES! I learned this the hard way with my second and third (the above mentioned sequel) fic, which I wrote simultaneously. The worst part was that they were both set around season 8 and in one Janet was alive and Jacob dead and in the other one it was the other way around. With updating thrice a week (twice for Lost and once in the weekend for Family) details started slipping and at one point I even accidentally "killed" Jacob in the fic he was supposed to be alive in! Fortunately it was only a mention of Sam's "late" father and one of my first reviewer caught it within minutes of my upload, so I quickly changed it.

In the end I wrote down the important details (and differences) of the fics on a post-it and stuck both on the wall next to my monitor, which made it a whole lot easier to keep track of things.

Nowadays, I simply use OneNote for all my fic notes, though.

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    Thank God she came to her sense before the wedding! (and I usually avoid fics where she married )
                    Yes, I try to avoid those too, since a lot of them have him being abusive and Sam simply taking it because she wants her marriage to work. It's like fanon's version of Jonas Hanson all over again!

I am guilty of the two of them getting married though, and him being an ass but like I said it was my first fic...

Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
                    Eventually, later on in years, he calls him "Dad" but Pete (the fiancé) can't! TPTB must have put that in deliberately to make us shippers squee!
                    Yeah, that part gets me every time too!

Not to mention Jacob's lying about Selmak liking Pete and her being a good judge of character, even though he later admits she slipped into a coma after they got the device on Dakara working meaning she never met Pete!

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
                    regarding sam marrying pete, it seems like during threads she already had doubts about going through with the wedding it just seems like jacob's death was the final straw for her to finally make her decision.
                    She already had doubts when he proposed, why else would it take her two freaking weeks to accept?!
                    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (10)

vs.

Love the looks and how they "say" so much to each other without words.

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (10)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (14)

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Well, I doubt Jack showered wearing his pants and/or underwear... Wasn't there some toweled person walking by before the camera focused on Jack? Too bad Jack apparently took his pants with him to his shower cubicle and was already wearing them by the time Sam jumped him!
                          Yeah...too bad.

...and everyone splashed into the gutter...
                          Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                          ...and into the sewer...
                          Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
                          Yeah... I'm in the gutter...
                          And my work here is done...wait! Sewer?! Ewwww!
                          sigpic
                          I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Thank God she came to her sense before the wedding! (and I usually avoid fics where she married )
                            I'm with you XFchem!! I don't read fics where Sam marries Pete, that's just wrong on so many levels!!

Comment

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (11)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (14)

I'm going with Secrets, because while the nekkidness is juicy and easily leads to smutty thoughts, the "moments" statement in Secrets acts as a blanket statement about all other moments, including the one described in Out of Mind.

Come to think of it, "We have our moments" can pertain to this entire March Madness competition! It includes all hand-brushes, all smiles, and flirtations, and "Sam"s and "Please, Jack"s.

*head.explosion.*

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                                ...and into the sewer...
                                Twice

Season 2: Secrets – Jack meets Jacob and shares a few mysterious smiles with Sam, "We have our moments" (11)

vs.

Season 2: Out of Mind – Jack is a little distracted by Sam’s naked body (15)

It's OoM for me. I like the fact that Jack's affected by Sam's lack of clothing but what I love even more is that Sam's not. She's just glad to see him after believing he was dead, concerned about the team and Sam in no way seems to give a second thought to the fact that she's naked with Jack right next to her.

So much so that she even begins to get up without telling Jack to give her a minute and there's nothing in her body language that suggests that she even expects him to leave.

That's why it OoM for me
                                sigpic
                                sig by Mada
                                As a matter of FIC

Comment

Working...
                                X