Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
    On with my moments....and nearly at the end!

[IMG]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Moments/moment78_zpsd628fdbf.jpg[/IM]

[IMG]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Moments/moment79_zpscfeaf0c8.jpg[/IMG

[IMG]http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Moments/moment80_zps14322d4d.jpg[/IMG
    The first photo reminds me of the lyrics to the song '5 Days in May' by Blue Rodeo, I always felt like it was rather appropriate to Sam and Jack post-series, maybe in Minnesota:

They met in a hurricane
    Standing in the shelter out of the rain
    She tucked a note into his hand
    Later on they took his car
    Drove on down where the beaches are
    He wrote her name in the sand
    Never even let go of her hand

Somehow they stayed that way
    For those 5 days in May
    Made all the stars around them shine
    Funny how you can look in vain
    Living on nerves and such sweet pain
    The loneliness that cuts so fine
    To find the face you've seen a thousand times

Sometimes the world begins
    To set you up on your feet again
    And ohh it wipes the tears from your eyes
    How will you ever know
    The way that circumstances go
    Oh its going to hit you by surprise
    But I know my past
    You were there
    In everything I've done
    You are the one

Looking back its hard to tell
    Why they stood while others fell
    Spend your life working it out
    All I know is one cloudy day
    They both just ran away
    Rain on the windshield heading South
    Ohh she loved the lines around his mouth

How will you ever know
    Ohh its going to hit you by surprise
    But I know my past
    You were there
    In everything I've done
    You are the one
    Sam and Jack... Still the best romance on TV in years!

My fanfic http://www.fanfiction.net/~drawntotherhythm

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
      That's one of my favorites too and I'm always looking for ways to work it into my videos. So, this fic you mention...why won't you post it? I love all of your drabbles.

Why challenge someone else? I think you should grab it and go! Rah Rah Sis Boom Bah!

It feels like I did it such a long time ago. It's a bit longer than a drabble so I'd have to look at it and try to improve it before I'd consider posting it, probably on my ff account.

I'll let you guys know if I do and thanks for the encouragement.

Originally posted by picardythirds View Post
      That confuzzledness of Jack in that scene gets me every time. I personally think Sam should have just left jack to fend for himself and see what he would've said

Me neither - he didn't get in Pete's way and Faxon IMHO was a much better "match" (more believeable) than Pete. Besides I just took that at Sam not used to the attention from guys and agreeing to be nice. In my own little land had it continued she would have let him down gently (kind of like with Barrett...which was a cute little crush, I found)
      I agree.

Originally posted by Goodfairy View Post
      Thank you, it's very nice. I loved it.

I've been watched it on youtube and I liked when she blushed. She is so cute.

Are you kidding? It's great, thank you.
      She is cute, isn't she.

And thanks

Originally posted by Jolinar_of_Malkshur View Post
      This was great! Couldn't green you, so... GREEN! I'll never watch that scene the same way again!
      Originally posted by AmberLM View Post
      Trinity, if that's bad I really want to read your good fic! That was excellent and ow ensures that custard doughnuts will be added to my list of things I'll never look at without thinking of Sam and Jack again! (That list being penguins, polar bears, blue and red jello, fishing stuff, the word 'always' etc etc)
      Originally posted by roque872002 View Post
      Trinity, I agree with Amber. That was amazing. I loved it! *goes to read it again*

**blushes**

Thanks so much you guys.

Today was my first day at work after a month long vacation. I was sharing with a few people that I felt like I was going through Shipper withdrawal. LOL

Seeing your posts really, really made my day.

*hugs*

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
      Lately I keep listening to this song on the radio and, though I don't think S/J got involved in a relationship before her wedding with Joe, the song always makes me think about 2010.

Spoiler:

Where are the people who live in the cavern of angst?
      I'm usually in the cavern, although the last 2 drabbles won't attest to that.

Yep! I love this song and I agree completely!

As for the angst thing, I tend to favour angst when life isn't so good like now. I failed an exam which means my A in my coursework now counts for nothing and I'm annoyed right now Grrr! So bring on the angsty fic!
      You'll do better at the next one.

I'm confident

I think us shippers are definitely the most vocal of the fans still interested in the show. Certainly there are a lot who go to conventions in my (limited) experience. Heck, I think half the ship family was at the Gabit event I went to many years ago, there were heaps of us! My mum, who liked stargate but knew nothing about gw.net, found it really confusing when I got handed a name badge as soon as I arrived and had all these people calling me "Amber" lol! I loved it, it was a fab weekend
      So lucky.

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
      Ooooh, that does sound so fun! I have never been to any conventions. But I can definitely see how shippers are unable to LET THIS GO!!!! I know I sure can't!
      Love how the chick asking the question goes "Not necessarily in a dirty way."

Amanda was quite generous with her answer too! Very satisfactory for those interested in that particular question.
      She usually is and I think that's one of the reasons the fans love her. AT doesn't pretend to be nice, she really is.

Yeah! My first Con ever was AT5!
      (then Chevron 7.8, AT6....ahem I'm going to LFCC in July...and then there will be AT7...ahem it seems that I have to see Amanda at least once per year...)
      Some girls have all the fun.

Well, seeing RDA isn't too bad a thing!
      Certainly not.

Not a bad thing at all
      Last edited by trinity3; 04 February 2013, 05:12 PM.
      sigpic
      sig by Mada
      As a matter of FIC

Comment

The first photo reminds me of the lyrics to the song '5 Days in May' by Blue Rodeo, I always felt like it was rather appropriate to Sam and Jack post-series, maybe in Minnesota:
        Nice.

I'm happy those moments are allowing people to draw their own connections to them!
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

And we're done!
          Thank you.

Well done.
          sigpic
          sig by Mada
          As a matter of FIC

Comment

Loved the drabble with the custard donut, trinity! Awesome and slightly guttery. Just my cuppa tea

As a Baltimore girl born and raised I have to say, WOO-HOO, RAVENS won the Superbowl!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
              Loved the drabble with the custard donut, trinity! Awesome and slightly guttery. Just my cuppa tea

As a Baltimore girl born and raised I have to say, WOO-HOO, RAVENS won the Superbowl!!!

Thanks.

So is Sandra Bullock apparently.
              sigpic
              sig by Mada
              As a matter of FIC

Comment

Trinity, thanks your fic cheered me up after my disappointing results so we're even on that score lol. Still, onwards and upwards!

Ikorni, thanks for reminding me of a wonderful song I'd forgotten about brings back memories of sunny summer days in Vancouver.

I'm finding more and more, it's the little things that make my day, not the grand gestures or huge moments in life. I must be getting old lol!

I watched Emancipation for the first time in years the other day and was pleasantly surprised at how shippy it was. I forgot how intense pre-season 4 Jack could be when it came to Sam. I miss it towards the end of the series.

Comment

I don't think Sandra Bullock is from Baltimore, but her character from the Blind Side was.

Comment

Ikorni thanks so much for your moments. Can't wait to see them again on Valenship!
                    The password is fishing...

Comment

Lately I keep listening to this song on the radio and, though I don't think S/J got involved in a relationship before her wedding with Joe, the song always makes me think about 2010.

Where are the people who live in the cavern of angst?
                      This song made me think of 2010 every time I heard it on the radio. Thanks to selene for making it live in real life instead of just in my head:

Spoiler:

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg503/Ikorni/Moments/moment82_zps101dbd2f.jpg
                      This gets me every time -I get this sick, lost, queasy feeling in my gut. GUH!!

spoiler for lenght
                      Spoiler:

They met in a hurricane
                      Standing in the shelter out of the rain
                      She tucked a note into his hand
                      Later on they took his car
                      Drove on down where the beaches are
                      He wrote her name in the sand
                      Never even let go of her hand

Somehow they stayed that way
                      For those 5 days in May
                      Made all the stars around them shine
                      Funny how you can look in vain
                      Living on nerves and such sweet pain
                      The loneliness that cuts so fine
                      To find the face you've seen a thousand times

How will you ever know
                      Oh its going to hit you by surprise
                      But I know my past
                      You were there
                      In everything I've done
                      You are the one

Looking back its hard to tell
                      Why they stood while others fell
                      Spend your life working it out
                      All I know is one cloudy day
                      They both just ran away
                      Rain on the windshield heading South
                      Ohh she loved the lines around his mouth

How will you ever know
                      Ohh its going to hit you by surprise
                      But I know my past
                      You were there
                      In everything I've done
                      You are the one
                      why did those words make me think of a polrobin story??
                      Essence of Pleasure
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

And, last but not least, this song has been parading around in my head, requesting to be made into a S/J vid (alas, my talents do not extend to vidding)! LOVE IT! I especially love the "put aside the math and the logic of it."

sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36899[/ATTACH]

lol.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]36899[/ATTACH]

lol.
                            How about "Keep calm and don't call the Tok'ra."
                            The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                              Ikorni thanks so much for your moments. Can't wait to see them again on Valenship!
                              Trinity, thanks your fic cheered me up after my disappointing results so we're even on that score lol. Still, onwards and upwards!

Ikorni, thanks for reminding me of a wonderful song I'd forgotten about brings back memories of sunny summer days in Vancouver.
                              Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
                              Thank you.

Well done.
                              You're welcome! I didn't know they'd be so well received. And yes, I'll definitely post them on Valenship again!
                              Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                And, last but not least, this song has been parading around in my head, requesting to be made into a S/J vid (alas, my talents do not extend to vidding)! LOVE IT! I especially love the "put aside the math and the logic of it."

[video=youtube;ruyaKdPfTN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ruyaKdPfTN4[video]
                                Love it! (He's quite a pleasant sight for the eyes too, yum!) never heard of the singer or the song before.

I'm going through a bit of a country music phase at the moment. Not that you needed to know that lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X