Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
    Yeah see, I couldn't write if my life depended on it...I just can't do it

I tried but well failed bad time!!! I do enjoy writing sadly enough but I know it isn't good enough in comparison to everyone else

But then neither are my video's or graphics...

I tend to mediocre in most things anyway.
    I agree with you on the writing and I like to fiddle in most things too.
    sigpic
    I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
      I feel no such compunction! I will stick to writing fanfic. At least I understand the terminology! Leave the big stuff to the experts!

So can you write something for valenship instead of making something video or graphic-y?
      Absolutely - you can write a fic.
      sigpic
      Women of the Gate LJ Community.
      My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

So can you write something for valenship instead of making something video or graphic-y?
        Of course. Fics always welcome on ship holidays. This is why I have so frightfully many Sam/Jack holiday stories lol.

Comment

Yeah see, I couldn't write if my life depended on it...I just can't do it

I tried but well failed bad time!!! I do enjoy writing sadly enough but I know it isn't good enough in comparison to everyone else

But then neither are my video's or graphics...

I tend to mediocre in most things anyway.
          You are so not mediocre! I love your stuff!

I tend to think the S/J family has a lot of talented people.
          sigpic

Comment

Vid making:
            Choose a dvd ripper program (there are tons of free ones out there)

Or if you don't have the dvds (like me) download YT vids with the clips that you want and convert them to your desired format (I use Real Player SP for that)

Pick you song and look up lyrics

Use you favorite editing program to edit clips and match with music (Movie Maker for me)

Upload to your favorite site (YT for me)

It is soo much fun but I usually take forever, this one time I managed to make one in one day (I was so proud)
            sigpic
            Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

May I make a personal plea?

I know lots of you love making vids and I appreciate all the effort that you guys put into it...and I also appreciate that most of you have spoilered for off-topic, but can we take the "how to make/post" vid talk to the Shipper lounge or the Secrets of the Sam/Jack art thread?

...and just have more vids of S/J actually posted? Please.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                <Snip>

Or if you don't have the dvds (like me) download YT vids with the clips that you want and convert them to your desired format (I use Real Player SP for that)
                <Snip>
                Please whatever you do, never do that!!! Honestly this is also a form of stealing to me.

Some people put effort in colouring their vid and making it look better and if you then take their clips it's not nice... If you don't have the clips ask someone else on here to rip you some of the clips or so...but don't take it from youtube vids!

I've had people taking my clips and put them into other video's and to say the least I was not impressed...So please consider this when you do it!!!

ETA: lets all move the questions and everything else here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...-family-thread

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                  May I make a personal plea?

I know lots of you love making vids and I appreciate all the effort that you guys put into it...and I also appreciate that most of you have spoilered for off-topic, but can we take the "how to make/post" vid talk to the Shipper lounge or the Secrets of the Sam/Jack art thread?

...and just have more vids of S/J actually posted? Please.
                  Here here!! :: raises shipper glass full of shippy wine ::

How Jack gets Sam to stop talking techno babble.

I am *NOT* doing that for any of you :: glares ::

Comment

I'm sorry! I started it.

Imagine Daniel yelling at Mitchell--"Hey! New Guy!"

Slinks back to cave in shame.
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I'm sorry! I started it.

It's really no big deal for us to go off topic occasionally - we do all the time.

I was just getting bamboozled by all the tech talk.
                      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry! I started it.

Oh it happens all the time. We've gone OT on all sorts of subjects before someone reminds us the title of the thread and we all "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh that's right" - or posts the "Grace Kiss" which causes everyone to forget what it was we were talking about to begin with while we drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool....

Comment

Originally posted by yessika View Post
                          Vid making:
                          Choose a dvd ripper program (there are tons of free ones out there)

Pick you song and look up lyrics

Use you favorite editing program to edit clips and match with music (Movie Maker for me)

Upload to your favorite site (YT for me)

It is soo much fun but I usually take forever, this one time I managed to make one in one day (I was so proud)
                          Just a word of advice / caution regarding the bolded. It's not really the done thing to download and use other people's videos and use their clips in your own work. Lots of vidders put a lot of work into manipulating the look, length and feel of a cliip that you may not initially realise and for you to just come along and use it without the work making it is a bit naughty. To compare, imagine me taking a chapter from one of Jenn's fics and sticking it in the middle of my own. I think Jenn would be pissed at me if I did that.

Personally I couldn't give a chuff if you ever wanted to use one of mine, and I'd be flattered even if you did but I'd hope you would ask first and credit me for it, at least in the info bar. However there is a whole stack of vidders out there who are part of a clip theft brigade (and in some cases, whole videos - that version of "Collide" that DM posted a link to is a bone of contention since I have seen at least 4 different YT users post it none of whom made it and only 2 who state the maker's name). Those people, if you get caught even using a snippet of a clip from another video, are going to make your life utter hell. Not worth it.
                          Now if you're talking about taking a clip from just a straight scene (i.e. someone's ripped the Grace kiss and posted not as part of a video or anything) then that's slightly different but you should still ask permission since that person, presumably, has put the work into ripping that clip.

If you do ever want a specific scene and don't have it clippped you know you can always ask here or the art thread. Lots of people might have it and be happy to upload it somewhere for you to use.

Edit coz Eve beat me to it and I apologise for off topicing - sorry not spoilering the above because I think it's important people see that.

But will make up for it by sharing... umm....

Just as a matter of interest, this one is blocked in a lot of countries and I am wondering if embedding it gets around that? Let me know if you can't see it.
                          Last edited by Cagranosalis; 20 January 2010, 07:39 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                            Oh it happens all the time. We've gone OT on all sorts of subjects before someone reminds us the title of the thread and we all "oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhh that's right" - or posts the "Grace Kiss" which causes everyone to forget what it was we were talking about to begin with while we drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool....
                            I posted it earlier...didn't work

Perhaps another kiss?

sigpic

Comment

Please whatever you do, never do that!!! Honestly this is also a form of stealing to me.

Some people put effort in colouring their vid and making it look better and if you then take their clips it's not nice... If you don't have the clips ask someone else on here to rip you some of the clips or so...but don't take it from youtube vids!

I've had people taking my clips and put them into other video's and to say the least I was not impressed...So please consider this when you do it!!!

ETA: lets all move the questions and everything else here: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...-family-thread
                              Originally posted by Cagranosalis View Post
                              Just a word of advice / caution regarding the bolded. It's not really the done thing to download and use other people's videos and use their clips in your own work. Lots of vidders put a lot of work into manipulating the look, length and feel of a cliip that you may not initially realise and for you to just come along and use it without the work making it is a bit naughty. To compare, imagine me taking a chapter from one of Jenn's fics and sticking it in the middle of my own. I think Jenn would be pissed at me if I did that.

Personally I couldn't give a chuff if you ever wanted to use one of mine, and I'd be flattered even if you did but I'd hope you would ask first and credit me for it, at least in the info bar. However there is a whole stack of vidders out there who are part of a clip theft brigade (and in some cases, whole videos - that version of "Collide" that DM posted a link to is a bone of contention since I have seen at least 4 different YT users post it none of whom made it and only 2 who state the maker's name). Those people, if you get caught even using a snippet of a clip from another video, are going to make your life utter hell. Not worth it.
                              Now if you're talking about taking a clip from just a straight scene (i.e. someone's ripped the Grace kiss and posted not as part of a video or anything) then that's slightly different but you should still ask permission since that person, presumably, has put the work into ripping that clip.

If you do ever want a specific scene and don't have it clippped you know you can always ask here or the art thread. Lots of people might have it and be happy to upload it somewhere for you to use.
                              I agree with them!
                              I spend much time to edit a video and I don't like that other people use part of my work! Lately I also saw some vids VERY similar to mine...but this is another thing...
                              If you want I can give you the clips, I have many of them already saved as avi.files in my pc.
                              For example, I did it for my friend Akachan...and, coming back in topic, this is her amazing vid
                              sigpic
                              My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Gorgeous video XFC.

Jann, no, the Grace kiss it is for me. It worked I just got distracted again.

OT but you may want to read as it will make you lives a bit easier around here:

Spoiler:

I think I figured out how to get to your last post without all that annoying two step process. From your My Controls (subscribed threads) page, click the circled link:

Huh!

EDIT: hmm, no actually forget that, it's go to last post link and only works when you sit with GW open all day on the S/J thread and keep checking every five minutes...

Back to the two step annoying thing.

Last edited by Cagranosalis; 20 January 2010, 08:03 AM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X