Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Everlovin View Post
    Briefly in Threads. It did not go well. It was painful to watch.
    I thought it was painful to watch any scene with Pete!!

Comment

Originally posted by Susash View Post
      sigpic
      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

i was actually laughing at that scene cause pete is trying to make a good impression and he is failing miserably. "you really got one of those things in your head?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
          Why? What happened?
          Pete tried too hard to get Jacob's approval and ended up making an in-poor-taste joke about Selmak. I haven't seen it in a couple of years and it's still cringe worthy.

Originally posted by Susash View Post
          Agreed.

sigpic

Click here daily to give free mammograms

It is better to be crazy for Jesus than a wise man for Satan. Laters, Misi

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            i was actually laughing at that scene cause pete is trying to make a good impression and he is failing miserably. "you really got one of those things in your head?
            I bet Selmak didn't like him much either...
            sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
            https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Why? What happened?
              Spoilered for length:

Spoiler:

INT—SGC GUEST QUARTERS
              [Carter knocks on the door then enters, Pete behind her. Jacob is sitting in a chair and rises as they walk in.]
              CARTER
              Pete Shanahan. Jacob Carter. Dad, this is Pete.
              [Pete appears stunned.]
              PETE
              Dad?
              JACOB
              Not quite yet. You have to actually marry my daughter before you can call me that.
              [Carter grins.]
              PETE
              I was just… I meant…stammer, stammer. It's an honour to meet you, Sir.
              [Pete steps forward to shake Jacob's hand.]
              PETE
              Really.
              [He turns to Carter.]
              PETE
              Why didn't you tell me?
              [Carter is grinning nervously.]
              CARTER
              I didn't want you to be nervous.
              PETE
              Why would I? I wouldn't. I… I've been dying to meet you.
              JACOB
              I think it was Sam that was nervous.
              PETE
              How did not telling me help?
              CARTER
              It didn't.
              [Pete and Jacob look at each other. In the silence, Carter looks uncomfortable. Jacob looks serious as Pete continues to smile.]
              PETE
              This is great! You really got one of those things in your head?
              [Carter looks at Pete, the question wiping the smile off her face.]
              JACOB
              If by one of those things, you mean a 2,000 year old Tok'ra symbiote. Yes.
              PETE
              Seriously. Come on… that has got to freak you right out sometimes. It's weird.
              [Carter smiles and shakes her head, while Jacob simply looks at Pete. As Jacob looks at Carter, she again smiles nervously, turning to Pete who is still grinning.]

I bet Selmak didn't like him much either...
              Spoiler:

CARTER
              Dad…
              [Jacob smiles.]
              JACOB
              What?
              CARTER
              It's been two hours since Pete left, you haven't said a word.
              JACOB
              I did so.
              CARTER
              'He seems nice'?
              JACOB
              I believe that's three words.
              CARTER
              I'm gonna marry him.
              JACOB
              I know. I just met him. What do you want me to say? I know how happy he makes you. That's all that matters to me.
              [Carter nods slightly.]
              CARTER
              Okay.
              JACOB
              Selmak really liked him.
              CARTER
              Selmak?
              JACOB
              Yeah, and he's a great judge of character.
              CARTER
              Well, okay.

But Jacob obviously lied, as later on in the episode the following occurs:
              Spoiler:

CARTER
              What are you saying?
              JACOB
              By all rights, Selmak should have been dead weeks ago. I wouldn't let him go. I thought we needed him, that I needed him to help you stop the Replicators.
              CARTER
              Dad?
              JACOB
              He hung on as long as he could. Then he slipped into a coma just after we activated the weapon on Dakara.*
              CARTER
              You've known all this time, since then?
              JACOB
              I didn't want to spoil your wedding.

It's more fun to watch the actual episode but at least this way you don't have to keep asking what happened.

*The stuff with the Replicators on Dakara was in Reckoning and this plays in the next episode, Threads.
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Thanks for the lines!
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Sparky - you can usually see stuff from my PB, so I uploaded Chemmy's art there - let me know if you can see it now

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                    Finally finished my new drawing

*passes out on the couch*

As I said on twitter it's beautiful, you are very talented.

Why? What happened?
                    was an idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by XFchemist View Post
                      An old vid of mines for the discussion you are having
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8q-2iuH7Mg4
                      Love this. Very effective and dramatic. I love it when vids have a message/point rather than being just a collection of pretty pictures! (not that I mind the pretty pics, mind you, it is just so much cooler when there's a goal!)

Painfully funny! I like the scene because it shows how Pete was just not right for Sam. And everytime I watch it, I still think "I can't believe he just said that!!!!" when Pete says "do you really have one of those things..."

It's just plain not polite! Even a 5 year old knows that it's not polite to comment on other's people's insides! Especially on the first meeting. What ever happened to "It's nice to meet you, sir"

Kids these days *shakes head*

Comment

First time...

... Jack lays eyes on an alternate Sam

Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

First time...

... there's a wedding picture of an alternate Sam and Jack

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

First time...

... someone asks Jack about his feelings for Sam

Gotta love Kawalsky, from whichever reality
                            On FFnet or AO3

Comment

First time...

... they are stranded off-world together for over a week

Fortunately there were styling products there
                              On FFnet or AO3

Comment

First time...

... Sam is working on her Indian

On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X