Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
    I actually like 100 days. It's not an epic fave, but if I scrolled to it on tv, I'd watch it over pretty much anything else. Unless there was a better SG-1 episode on. Or one of my fave Sanctuary episodes.

What I'm trying to say this is that I don't hate it. Oy.
    my favorite line from that episode is always jack's "Teal'c, you are one stubborn son of a *****" line and jack looks so happy in that one moment to see his friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
      So he wanted her to be happy, even if it was detrimental to his own. That's a lot of love.
      which, i'm sorry to say, 'could' be interpreted by sam to mean jack's not interested in her anymore.

*sigh*

sam and jack were so dysfunctional.

they confess their feelings for one another. time passes, with little bits of hints for the other to see. 3 years later, and sam is starting to question jack's feelings for her. she's starting to question her own. BUT, instead of talking to jack about things, she goes off (after a serious concussion) to find a romance partner.

jack finds out, seems hurt-like, but... he doesn't really say anything to sam about his feelings. and sam's SO stuck into her own head, she misses the hints of his true discomfort.

time passes, and jack almost dies twice ('heroes' and 'lost city'). *this*, to me, is when sam saw the light, especially in 'lost city'. she, herself, knew she was truly *in love* with jack. the acting, the writing, the directing showed us as much. but season 8 begins with sam *still* with pete. no and no. realistically, i believe sam would have spoken with jack at least, let alone broken up with the man that was just a stand-by for the one she really loved. (but this all continued b/c the writers weren't ready to bring sam and jack together)

then pete proposes. sam stumbles with insecurity and uncertainty. oh, and her feelings for that guy she works with.

i'm sure jack was hurt by sam moving on past him. but if he'd talked to sam, really talked to her, i know she would have dropped pete. but did he keep quiet b/c he was hurt? felt he wasn't worthy? prideful? not in love with her anymore?

was sam hurt by jack not speaking up? did she feel he wasn't in love with her anymore, *because* he didn't tell her he loved her? was sam even aware that 'she' was the one that started the break between them? or was she? maybe she felt jack 'had' lost that feeling for her, b/c he could be so distant with his feelings.

sam fell into a dysfunctional cycle of ignoring her feelings, which turned into going with the flow and NOT dealing with the situation. and she did the same thing with pete, when things became serious and she *knew* she wasn't in love with him like that but continued with the relationship getting more and more serious for him. she couldn't deal with her feelings for jack or their situation, and she did the same with with pete. she was confused and conflicted, and went into some brain limbo. she just went along on autopilot.

maybe she was waiting for jack to rescue her?

that would have been a grand gesture from jack. why didn't he?

maybe she felt he didn't love her.

maybe jack felt she didn't love him, *because* she hooked up with another man.

if this was rambling i'm sorry. it just all fell out.
      sally

sigpic

Comment

The grand gesture, the lack of talking, the distance from Jack, I'm inclined to think that it's because Sam wanted to lock it in a room.

Sure, those feelings expanded beyond that room, but she hadn't, in anyway, also given any indication that that particular rule of hers had changed. So for Jack to say something after that would only be seen as pushy and perhaps inappropriate.
        Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
          but did he keep quiet b/c he was hurt? felt he wasn't worthy? prideful? not in love with her anymore?
          This^. I see Jack as someone with a deep self loathing. I think he hated himself even before what happened to Charlie. Black Ops operatives have to do some pretty distasteful things, and Sam's so beautiful, brilliant, young and perfect.

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
          The grand gesture, the lack of talking, the distance from Jack, I'm inclined to think that it's because Sam wanted to lock it in a room.

Sure, those feelings expanded beyond that room, but she hadn't, in anyway, also given any indication that that particular rule of hers had changed. So for Jack to say something after that would only be seen as pushy and perhaps inappropriate.
          I don't thinks so. She asked him directly "What about you? If things had been different..." It was clear she was desperate to talk them. That was the most she had put herself out there in a long time, and Jack didn't budge and help the situation AT ALL. One of the most frustrating moments I had with Jack. I still don't understand why he said "I wouldn't be here." Any ideasanyone?
          The password is fishing...

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
            This^. I see Jack as someone with a deep self loathing. I think he hated himself even before what happened to Charlie. Black Ops operatives have to do some pretty distasteful things, and Sam's so beautiful, brilliant, young and perfect.

I don't thinks so. She asked him directly "What about you? If things had been different..." It was clear she was desperate to talk them. That was the most she had put herself out there in a long time, and Jack didn't budge and help the situation AT ALL. One of the most frustrating moments I had with Jack. I still don't understand why he said "I wouldn't be here." Any ideasanyone?
            That could have meant several things (if I remember correctly was discussed some where in the thread not too long ago). Her idea of putting herself out there was a thoughtless moment asking about his feelings obliquely behind another man's proposal. She was desperate to talk to someone but by then she was way too deep into her relationship, which by then, I thought, Jack didn't owe her anything or any explanation. She'd made her choice with the locked room (despite her vacillations) and well now, I think she had to go through that bit of hard soul-searching.
            Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post

i know sam is the one that said to leave it in the room, but to me, jack was very agreeable with that.

i don't think either one was willing to change the status quo of the team or their would-be relationship.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

i know sam is the one that said to leave it in the room, but to me, jack was very agreeable with that.

i don't think either one was willing to change the status quo of the team or their would-be relationship.
                I think it could have gone down several ways; the above being one of that.
                Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Jack4Sam View Post
                  i think sam put out many feelers for jack to respond, but i also think she was putting out mixed signals because she kept up the relationship with pete.

CARTER: What about you? If things had been different ... (she trails off.)

(Jack looks at her for a moment.)

O'NEILL: I wouldn't be here.

~my addition...

sam: (mumbles)

jack: what?

sam: what does that mean?!?

jack: ...

sam: please...

jack: it means i wouldn't be here, because if i had a family, i'd focus on them more than this job.

sam: my career means a lot to me... it's been my LIFE.

jack: there's more to life than adventure and promotions.

sam: i know that.

jack: and yet...

sam: and yet i'm tired of being lonely. i'm tired of waiting!

jack: waiting for what?

sam: you!

sam: look... i'm out on a limb here... i love you... there.

jack: i love you too.

sam: really?

jack: i'm dying here, carter.

sam: so am i.

jack: what do you want me to say?

sam: that i'm worth it.

jack: you are. times ten million stars.

sam: ... wow.

jack: ....... do you want me to tell you to say no to pete?

sam: yes.

jack: say no.

sam: then what?

jack: then i have a talk with hammond about changing things.

sam: and?

jack: and?

sam: and we try to be together?

jack: if that's what you want.

sam: what do YOU want?

jack: you.

sam: then make the call, for criminy sake!

jack: ~laughs~

sam: ~laughs softly and looks away~

jack: yes, ma'am!

~sam smiles and watches jack leave~
                  sally

sigpic

Comment

i think sam put out many feelers for jack to respond, but i also think she was putting out mixed signals because she kept up the relationship with pete.

~my addition...

jack: it means i wouldn't be here, because if i had a family, i'd focus on them more than this job.

for criminy sakes?

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post

I do NOT expect a new movie/episode of SG-1 to pick up where the last one left off. I fully expect and hope to see that Sam, Jack and LIFE has moved on.

I would love to see AT and RDA take up the challenge of shifting Sam and Jack from what they last played to the thing that was tested (positively, as far as I'm concerned) and hinted at for so many years then finally "promised" albeit never confirmed.

Sam, Jack and Stargate SG-1 deserve finality. Maybe I've lived a sheltered life here at Gateworld but I truly do believe that Sam and Jack being a couple is the biggest argument out there and the PTB (glares at SyFy...grrrrr) failed to settled it.
                      reposted b/c i love reading it.
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
                        That is more invigorating than coffee...and I do love my coffee.

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                        So he wanted her to be happy, even if it was detrimental to his own. That's a lot of love.

It's not martyrdom...per se. <snippy>

So strong, in fact, that they are willing to sublimate their own gratification for the greater good.

No martyrdom, simply the pained stepping back from what he believes he/they cannot have.

Editing to add: I've always thought that be delaying their own "big finish," they were engaging in a greater, more operatic display of love, a "Grand Love," if you will. Each time they go somewhere together, face death together, save the planet together, they deepen their love. But...that may be too meta.
                        *this* definitely. And the edit is not too meta...I felt the same way about their display of love, and you have expressed it very eloquently.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

~my addition...

I LOVE this. You should write more "drabbles".

Regarding the "locking it" in the room, I feel I must point out that there was never anything said about "locking it" in the room. That's fanon. All that was said was "leave it" in the room. There's a big difference. I don't feel there was any implication of a lock or barring the door or anything like that. They just walked away and ignored the door for a long time.

Comment

Remember, Sam's "leaving it in the room" was for them both, militarily. If she didn't agree she would be required to report the incident which would have meant (transfer) and their Grand Love (the quest/mission/show) couldn't have continued.

Edit: I took this view in my post-ep Campfire (I think it was this one). Just sayin.'
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

~my addition...

{{snipped for space}}
                              LOVE this! But I'm glad it didn't play out like this. If it had we'd have never gotten "Always." But this little dialog would have been very cool to have seen in Unending. *sigh*
                              Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              I LOVE this. You should write more "drabbles".

Regarding the "locking it" in the room, I feel I must point out that there was never anything said about "locking it" in the room. That's fanon. All that was said was "leave it" in the room. There's a big difference. I don't feel there was any implication of a lock or barring the door or anything like that. They just walked away and ignored the door for a long time.

They put it on the back burner because they had more important things to do first, like saving the planet...actually LOTS of planets.

Comment

Remember, Sam's "leaving it in the room" was for them both, militarily. If she didn't agree she would be required to report the incident which would have meant (transfer) and their Grand Love (the quest/mission/show) couldn't have continued.
                                I wasn't forgetting that. I was merely pointing out that there was nothing said about a "lock".

In fact, her statement was:

CARTER: None of this has to leave this room.

And Jack replies something like: "And we're okay with that?"

And then they get interrupted.

Comment

Working...
                                X