Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by starlover View Post
    both mine I tell you. MINE!

As for ronon...just google Jason Momoa(sp?) you'll notice why I thunk him...oh my drooly lord. Baywatch
    It's not that I don't think he's hot, he's just not the hot I'm usually attracted to, if that makes any sense, lol.
    Which ones??? who made an ecape hatch?!?!?!
    Don't you remember the renovation plans I showed you? I could have sworn I left them by your throne...Of course, that may have been one of the days Shep was in there with you, so you weren't paying much attention... I made several, lol. Not to escape the from gutter, but to escape into the gutter. I figured some peole might not be able to get into the main entrance what with all the fluff and angst outside, so I built several backup hatches, lol.
    Yes....sure

The halo yes...the one that my horns are holding up
    SHHH!!!! Newbies don't know about our horns yet!!! And some tof the other family members might not know either...

And personally I don't think either of us started the gutter thoughts this time, lol...
    sigpic
    Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
      Hmmm...I don't know. I don't see GW avatars right now myself.

You...you..you don't see dead people too, do you????
      I have seen dead people. I've never (thankfully) seen them move... I think it's probably cookies. I have a very smart browser.

EDIT: Know what I wish they'd fix? 'Go to last post'. I'm tired of having to scroll through the whole screen and I think there are actually more posts per page now which simply adds insult to injury.

Comment

Ok...this is a little too much work tonight! So, I'm going to go make art for Valenship instead.

Remember...if you haven't yet voted on a date for Valenship, be sure you do so!!!

And now, a reminder of the reason we trudge on:

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
          KIM!!!!!! *crash tackle squishy bear huggles*......welcome back.....
          Hey Joe!! What's up? How's life?

*huggles Joe*
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
            Like that's not how you meant it, lol!!!!

Of course, that still leaves the escape hatches, lol...

Well it wasn't me!!!!!! I would never do such a thing as bring up gutter related things!!

Exactly! We're both innocent!!! We have the shiny gold halos to prove it!!
            Don't tell me about the escape hatches! I like being stuck down here. Except it is getting a little crowded people!

OT -
            My son just read a story using his online account for school. Guess what story he picked? The Bakery! I couldn't stop giggling every time he said cake.
            sigpic
            I used to trek amongst the stars, now I gate to them

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
              Am I the only one certain Jack does, in fact, take the lead in their personal life? I see him as far too much of an Alpha-male type to do anything else.. and I think that's part of why Sam's attracted to him (see Broca Divide.. I don't think her choosing him was simply the virus). It's also - while it might not look like it initially - a reverse of their non-intimate life where, except in rare instances when he 'pulls rank', generally he actually follows her lead.

I think part of the reason they had trouble, going all the way back to D&C, was because Sam *was* waiting for Jack to take the lead and he - almost blatantly - continually refused the role. In fact, her standing there on his deck in Threads was, really, almost her *asking* him to step forward and take that position - her admission she didn't know what to do and she *needed* him to help her find their way. Basically, it was her attempting to put him in charge - I mean, she was asking one man what she should do about her engagement to another, effectively. If she'd wanted to take charge in their relationship, she'd have stormed in there and *told* him what she wanted and what he should do.

And, ultimately, it was Jack who finally took the lead and went in to her as Jacob was dying, who told her to 'c'mere' and put his arms around her. That may have been the first time he (finally) took the lead, but I don't think it was the last.

I'd argue, even, that one of the things that was out of place between her and Pete was that he didn't take charge (and no, buying a house is the wrong kind of 'taking charge') but idolized her and put her on a pedestal. And her otherwise generally ending up with assertive and/or powerful men tends to support, I think, that that was what she was looking for. She'd just chosen poorly in the past, because there's a fine line between 'taking the lead' and 'control freak'.
              i feel she wasn't wanting jack to so much take the 'lead', but actually SAY what he's feeling and thinking. every time she tried to talk to jack about her feelings, he'd basically shut her down.

just a different interpretation.
              sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
                Don't tell me about the escape hatches! I like being stuck down here. Except it is getting a little crowded people!

OT -
                My son just read a story using his online account for school. Guess what story he picked? The Bakery! I couldn't stop giggling every time he said cake.
                Read my other post, lol. They're for people to escape INTO the gutter.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                  i feel she wasn't wanting jack to so much take the 'lead', but actually SAY what he's feeling and thinking. every time she tried to talk to jack about her feelings, he'd basically shut her down.

I agree with this interpretation. I'm too lazy to make my own comment, so I'll just agree with this....

Comment

Hey Joe!! What's up? How's life?

*huggles Joe*
                    not much.....enjoyed my extra day off for MLK Jr. Day...........choosing my words poorly.....par for the course........but that is neither here nor there.....enjoying the company of my GW wife.....

*waves to Egle and sets hot dinner in front of her*.....

Comment

Originally posted by trupi View Post
                      I'm too old for this kids. You reach a certain age and you don't like change ( because it usually means a new ailment or more hair falling out)

and yeah...

sam: jack, give it time.

jack: i don't like it.

sam: jack, it's a new tv remote, that's all!

sam: why don--

jack: i don't like change!!

sam: even the kind where i'm wearing a new red lacy bra and underwear set?

jack: ..... i can handle that.

sam: that's what i'm hoping....
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

i think that in that moment, you were right but i do have to say that i think Jack is a complete alpha-male and most likely does take the lead in their personal life together.
                        sigpic
                        thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

and yeah...

sam: jack, give it time.

sam: jack, it's a new tv remote, that's all!

sam: why don--

jack: i don't like change!!

sam: even the kind where i'm wearing a new red lacy bra and underwear set?

jack: ..... i can handle that.

sam: that's what i'm hoping....
                          Sally...I can't green you, but I wish I could, this is great!

Comment

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
                            I do think it was more his fear Though I agree he did need to wait for her before doing something overt for that reason. Which means, really, in Threads, it *had* to be Sam to make the first move. Which she did.. but in a way that interestingly still allowed him to ultimately retain 'the lead' in going to her in the infirmary. And that's why, really, the way it played out was probably best - Sam pretty much gave Jack the green light, letting him know she still loved him and wanted him and then, thanks to Kerry, he was still in a position to be the one to make the final choice and - even without the pressure of her standing there in front of him, totally of his own free will - make the decision to go into her and answer her unspoken question. I often think there ultimate relationship was stronger because it played out just this way.
                            regarding bolded: GUTTER!!
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                              not much.....enjoyed my extra day off for MLK Jr. Day...........choosing my words poorly.....par for the course........but that is neither here nor there.....enjoying the company of my GW wife.....

*waves to Egle and sets hot dinner in front of her*.....
                              That's good to hear. I was off anyway, since I've only got classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, starting at 8 and then going pretty much all day...
                              regarding bolded: GUTTER!!
                              LOL!!!!!!!! Good catch!!
                              sigpic

Comment

That's good to hear. I was off anyway, since I've only got classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays this semester, starting at 8 and then going pretty much all day...

LOL!!!!!!!! Good catch!!
                                oy.....the hard work of a college student is never done eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X