No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very, very few employers in the States do Christmas gifts of food. Maybe a turkey or a gift card to a grocery store. Usually, if there's any year-end present to employees, it's the form of bonus money
    sigpic

Comment

Well, that sucks. Kinda cheap too. End of the year bonus is normal here too, but Christmas hampers are given as well. Not all have just food, though. Some also include gift cards and more and more companies/employers let you pick and choose them yourself, by giving four (or so) options of theme packs or something, and some also choose to have it donated to a charity of their choice.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

The Secret Santa present I made for Devilish Me - she's got it now, so I can share

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
          Well, that sucks. Kinda cheap too. End of the year bonus is normal here too, but Christmas hampers are given as well. Not all have just food, though. Some also include gift cards and more and more companies/employers let you pick and choose them yourself, by giving four (or so) options of theme packs or something, and some also choose to have it donated to a charity of their choice.
          Not if it's a $7,000 bonus!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

The vid is blocked in my Country!

I finished my S/J drawing!!!!!!!
            *throws confetti and looks for hair spray*
            sigpic
            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

The vid was blocked for me too Nola and I'm in the States.

Comment

Ha! I was like a dirty laundry bin? (Hamper in the US is where you put dirty clothes - go put it in the hamper!). Usually there's the bonus or something, but I kind of think that US employers are cheap anyway

As for AT's hair during the series... weeeellll she wasn't always to regs (S.4 - the hair was too long if I recall a previous conversation).

And I'm doing fine (for you who asked)

I'm sure Jack likes Sam's hair

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                  Ha! I was like a dirty laundry bin? (Hamper in the US is where you put dirty clothes - go put it in the hamper!). Usually there's the bonus or something, but I kind of think that US employers are cheap anyway

As for AT's hair during the series... weeeellll she wasn't always to regs (S.4 - the hair was too long if I recall a previous conversation).

Yes, the hamper thing confused me too!

And I'm sure Sam likes Jack's hair as well. *ruffle ruffle*

Comment

Yes, I was using the English word but I guess that's another UK/US difference. It was the only English word I knew for it and couldn't find another translation, so...

I'm sure Jack would even be fine with Sam being bald, as long as he gets to have her.
                    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

OK I haven't drawn anything for more than a year (and more than 10 years before that) and this is my first Sam/Jack drawing ever! So I think it's not bad

sigpic
                      My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Yes, I was using the English word but I guess that's another UK/US difference. It was the only English word I knew for it and couldn't find another translation, so...

I'm sure Jack would even be fine with Sam being bald, as long as he gets to have her.
                        I think the US translation would be gift basket.

Hmm, Sam bald. I mean sure he'd love her anyway, but I think she might buy herself one of those bad wigs first. I think it would mean less teasing from the guys.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                          I think the US translation would be gift basket.

Hmm, Sam bald. I mean sure he'd love her anyway, but I think she might buy herself one of those bad wigs first. I think it would mean less teasing from the guys.
                          But it's usually not really a basket. Gift baskets are much smaller... I'm talking (cardboard) boxes, size-wise.

I think it depends on the reason of her baldness because I really don't think the guys would tease her about losing her hair... if they would, they're very immature.
                          On FFnet or AO3

Comment

But it's usually not really a basket. Gift baskets are much smaller... I'm talking (cardboard) boxes, size-wise.

I think it depends on the reason of her baldness because I really don't think the guys would tease her about losing her hair... if they would, they're very immature.
                            We'd probably still call it a gift basket. Or a gift bag. Or gift box. We're a very straightforward bunch. Like do they have several things in them?

Are we talking about Sam losing her hair or shaving her head?

Comment

We'd probably still call it a gift basket. Or a gift bag. Or gift box. We're a very straightforward bunch. Like do they have several things in them?

Are we talking about Sam losing her hair or shaving her head?
                              You can get some very huge gift baskets full of lots of different kinds of goodies. (Ooo, now I want goodies!)

And you know guys can be pretty immature, especially Jack. I think we may need a Sam is bald fic. Anyone. Anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                                You can get some very huge gift baskets full of lots of different kinds of goodies. (Ooo, now I want goodies!)

And you know guys can be pretty immature, especially Jack. I think we may need a Sam is bald fic. Anyone. Anyone.
                                Not me, I have enough fic bunnies hopping around. Though I'll read it!
                                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Working...
                                X