Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
    You can't see mine, but I can see yours. What is that about? Yours has Sam and Jack during Threads. Where's my butt kicking Jack?!
    i think for some reason the only the non-gateworld ones are showing up. beats me why
    sigpic
    thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Regularamanda View Post
      Killer of spiders too
      I tell my husband that's why I married him. I then tell my son to watch because it will be his job to take on the mantle. And I'm not a squeamish girl, I get dirty, I just don't like spiders LOL

Originally posted by JenniferJF View Post
      *giggles*

Spoiler:
      "Uhmmm... Sam?"

"Yes?"

"Can you... come here for a minute?"

"What is it... I've gotta get this report off to Landry."

Please? It'll only take a minute..."

With a sigh, she got up from the desk and followed the sound of his voice to the bathroom where she found Jack standing before the shower looking at something on the floor inside. "What is it?"

He pointed and turned to her. "Spider..."

She couldn't help rolling her eyes a little in exasperation. "Oh.. For cryin' out loud..." She grabbed a piece of toilet paper from the roll on the wall and pinched the offending arachnid up between two fingers with it. "You know," she observed as she dropped the wad of toilet paper holding the spider into the toilet and flushed it. "For someone whose been through everything you've been through..."

He grinned sheepishly at her. "Well, we never had to face... those..." he pointed out. "If we had... all bets would have been off."

She couldn't help returning his grin. "Men," she mumbled under her breath.

"Speaking of which," Jack began, all trace of humor gone, "Since you're here anyway..." He gestured to the shower behind him and raised an eyebrow at her.

She laughed and shook her head, defeated. There were some invitations she was still unable to resist. "Men," she repeated. And then, just as she was about to get ready to join him in the shower, a sudden thought made her pause, her hands still hovering over her waistband. She had remembered that morning years earlier on P3X-471 when Jack had awakened to find a spider in his boot and ... "Wait. Jack. You're not afraid of..."

And the blasted man simply winked at her.
      You know, he could just claim he has PTSD from the Replicators.... LOL

Originally posted by starlover View Post
      Hmmm...last option...*hands over Siler's wrench*
      I still read that as Siler's Wench. Perhaps I need a new screen name

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
      *squeaks* AH BABY!!!!! *runs out screaming*

There is absolutely nothing cute about a freak of nature with wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too many legs
      Ooooh look what creative editing does!!! That message reads completely different!!

It's the latest update to the BBS software they've been using. It just happens to be a major revision. I have to admit... It's starting to grow on me now that I'm getting used to it. I just wish there was a way (or I could figure out a way) to go automatically to full reply rather than quick reply Lack of control makes me nervous.
      I second that. I hate going to quick reply

Comment

I used to be able to click on a thread and it would open up. Now it just shoves me back to the first post on this forum. What am I doing wrong? I need a manual--"The New And So Confusing that Only Sam Could Figure It Out Forum For Dummies." at least I know they'd have to print another one for Siler.
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Twilight506 View Post
          I still read that as Siler's Wench. Perhaps I need a new screen name
          Perhaps...you can change...I changed mine in the past

Still thinking if I shouldn't have just made it "Jann" Would make life easier...but now "Jann" is still a mystery for the newbies...mwahahahaha

*cough* I'm insane atm(writing a report about Vodka does that to one ya know)
          Theory...practical...*cough*

Ooooh look what creative editing does!!! That message reads completely different!!
          That's just wrong *sob* Babies are cuuuuuuuuute (when you don't have to babysit and you can hand them back to their parents on the moment they start screaming)

I second that. I hate going to quick reply
          *got no prob with QR* But I still prefer advanced coz of bigger screen!
          sigpic

Comment

People who had Gateworld avatars have lost them temporarily. We've been assured that will be fixed soon. So, that problem should be temporary.

Those of us with custom avatars still have ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Treknik View Post
              Please, don't take the poem the wrong way (right way?). Smiles innocently, he he. I feel like someone threw me in the gutter today. And I'm not alone. Yoohoo, I found Sam and Jack.
              Like that's not how you meant it, lol!!!!
              Originally posted by starlover View Post
              And Ronon....
              Meh...Ronon just doesn't really do it for me...But Shep...Me likey Shep!
              Yup...but give it time...they're working on it!
              Well, it's growing on me now, lol...
              [quote[That was PG...only not if you want it to be [/quote]
              LOL!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course my Queen...
              *closes gutter hatch*
              Of course, that still leaves the escape hatches, lol...
              It wasn't me.

I iz always innocent when it comes to gutter
              Well it wasn't me!!!!!! I would never do such a thing as bring up gutter related things!!

Exactly! We're both innocent!!! We have the shiny gold halos to prove it!!
              sigpic
              Sig by Ikorni for Secret Santa

Comment

Originally posted by sg-1fanintn View Post
                People who had Gateworld avatars have lost them temporarily. We've been assured that will be fixed soon. So, that problem should be temporary.

Those of us with custom avatars still have ours.
                Which begs the question.. Why do I still see the Gateworld avatars on people's posts? I'm assuming it's something to do with cookies....

Comment

Which begs the question.. Why do I still see the Gateworld avatars on people's posts? I'm assuming it's something to do with cookies....
                  And too bad it's the computer cookie kind *sigh*

Uh oh another annoying thing - I clicked "reply with quote" and it remembered all the multi-quotes from before!! ARGH :: delete delete delete ::

Comment

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                    Meh...Ronon just doesn't really do it for me...But Shep...Me likey Shep!
                    both mine I tell you. MINE!

As for ronon...just google Jason Momoa(sp?) you'll notice why I thunk him...oh my drooly lord. Baywatch

Well, it's growing on me now, lol...
                    Of course, that still leaves the escape hatches, lol...
                    Which ones??? who made an ecape hatch?!?!?!
                    Well it wasn't me!!!!!! I would never do such a thing as bring up gutter related things!!

Exactly! We're both innocent!!! We have the shiny gold halos to prove it!!
                    Yes....sure

The halo yes...the one that my horns are holding up
                    sigpic

Comment

Meanwhile...

Comment

Woohoo...we have "my controls" again...instead of "settings"

And pwetty Melissa Me likey blue!
                        sigpic

Comment

that is simply gorgeous!
                          sigpic
                          thanks sg4ever for the awesome icon!!! (dont steal it!!!) My FanFic

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                            ohhhhhh.......

hmmmm, I'll try Firefox.....Nope still the same And I hate IE

Um, okay....I can't get the hang of this multi-quote now. Everytime I try multi-quote it brings up the previous one's I've already done I feel stupid

Ah....I remember someone posted that on my profile page (at the time they didn't know about my phobia) and I almost freakin had a coronary
                            so that's why you got some gray hairs....

Originally posted by TrueRomantic View Post
                            Kimberly is confuzled...And really missed her GW family...But seriously...This new GW is...odd...It's similar to many other forums I frequent, but also very different as well...And it looks like sig and avi sizes have changed as well since I was last on...

How is everyone?
                            KIM!!!!!! *crash tackle squishy bear huggles*......welcome back.....

I found my subscriptions...but there are no rep points, or a way to rep people, or ways to view your rep messages....well, at least, I haven't found them yet.

Does anyone have any info on the reason for this change?
                            to give someone green you go to the bottom left corner of the person's post and you'll see this Star of David looking button....click on it and the rep window will pop out to the side where you can add your comment and click "add reputation"...as for viewing rep points recently received and viewing your total rep points accumulated......you can do that by clicking on "settings"...

edit: which they have now renamed to "my controls".....argh!! let us get used to something new before changing it!!!!!!!

Comment

Hmmm...I don't know. I don't see GW avatars right now myself.

You...you..you don't see dead people too, do you????

Comment

As for ronon...just google Jason Momoa(sp?) you'll notice why I thunk him...oh my drooly lord. Baywatch
                                I TOTALLY agree with you there. I grew up in Hawaii. Local boys! Yum...
                                sigpic
                                My Stories: FFdotNet
                                My Stories AO3
                                Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Working...
                                X