Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Joins Pol on the proverbial floor

Aaron Sorkin - one of my absolute favs! Think American President and West Wing
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by trinity3 View Post
      60th birthday ficlets/drabbles/fics is a great idea in itself Fems. I will if you will
      Wish I could! Only got a bit of writing (for my WIP) in last night and I've got people coming over today, so I probably can't get any in, meaning no birthday ficlet.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Happy Birthday Jack!

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        I think, along with cake for his birthday, Jack would also like...

Spoiler:
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]35805[/ATTACH]

Yes, yes he would.

*snurches picture*

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
        Here's the new forum so we don't drive everyone on the appreciation thread crazy lol
        For fems for the idea and to you meredithe for the magnificent work!

Originally posted by fems View Post
        How do you guys think Jack and Sam are celebrating his (60th, going by prop canon) birthday tomorrow? Any drabble, ficlet or even fic ideas?

60th birthday ficlets/drabbles/fics is a great idea in itself Fems. I will if you will
        Wish I could! Only got a bit of writing (for my WIP) in last night and I've got people coming over today, so I probably can't get any in, meaning no birthday ficlet.
        Well, this is how I have Jack celebrating his 60th Birthday.

The Big 60, rated M and MA
        Jack O'Neill has reached the big six-oh and his family gathers together to celebrate and mark his birthday in D.C. with a party.

Can be viewed with M/R rating on FFnet or uncut MA/NC-17 on AO3, samandjack.net, or Helio2.
        Last edited by A. Karswyll; 30 December 2012, 05:47 AM. Reason: Changed file name.
        sigpic
        My stories at fanfiction.net or archiveofourown.org.

Comment

I just read your Big 60 fic Karswyll and I loved it!!! Perfect in honor of his birthday

Edit: I also started another fanfic list dedicated to Threads/Post-Threads Fics. Anyone have a recommendation
          Last edited by meredithe5; 20 October 2012, 01:20 PM.
          sigpic

Comment

I just read your Big 60 fic Karswyll and I loved it!!! Perfect in honor of his birthday

Edit: I also started another fanfic list dedicated to Threads/Post-Threads Fics. Anyone have a recommendation
            I enjoyed the fic very much as well, although I feel kinda bad about not getting the betaing done past the first scene...

As for the thread, it might help those lazy ones among us to give the link!
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
              I am going to go check that story of yours out A. Karswyll.
              Thanks for doing so! And giving the feedback! I'll respond shortly.

Really glad you loved the story! And like the sig I whipped up to go with it.

For all your work right now you're more than welcome for the roses. SJ_green.gif 'cause I can't green you!

I enjoyed the fic very much as well, although I feel kinda bad about not getting the betaing done past the first scene...
              Glad you enjoyed fems. Still to you for all the beta-ing and whipping into shape you do for my stuff!
              sigpic

Comment

As for the thread, it might help those lazy ones among us to give the link!
                Oops I knew I forgot something!! Here is the new list Bare with me it's not really a list just yet lol
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post

Jack O'Neill has reached the big six-oh and his family gathers together to celebrate and mark his birthday in D.C. with a party.

Can be viewed with M/R rating on FFnet or uncut MA/NC-17 on AO3, samandjack.net, or Helio2.
                  Awesome, new fic! *runs off to read*

Comment

In my world Jack doesn't turn 60 until 2017, because he said he was 40 in Season One (1997) and I accept spoken cannon over prop cannon.

But I don't think I'll wait 5 more years to read the story.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                      In my world Jack doesn't turn 60 until 2017, because he said he was 40 in Season One (1997) and I accept spoken cannon over prop cannon.

That's ok, another excuse to celebrate his birthday more times. Goes for Sam too, for those who either look at 1965 or '68 as her birthday.
                      Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Man **grumbles**.

Didn't get around to one either but you never know, maybe soon

Originally posted by A. Karswyll View Post
                        Happy Birthday Jack!

Yes, yes he would.

*snurches picture*

For fems for the idea and to you meredithe for the magnificent work!

Very nice A. Karswyll

Good. Actually your Avatar is excellent basis for 60th birthday Jack fic.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Mada
                        As a matter of FIC

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                          Awesome, new fic! *runs off to read*
                          Hope you enjoyed!

I do not think I could wait 5 years either! But just think, more 60th birthday fic in 2017 to look forward too!

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                          That's ok, another excuse to celebrate his birthday more times. Goes for Sam too, for those who either look at 1965 or '68 as her birthday.
                          That it does. And we love those sorts of excuses.

Very nice A. Karswyll
                          Thank you!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
                            Who's Aaron Sorkin?
                            Originally posted by Pol View Post
                            :::THUD:::

Spoiler:
                            A *brilliant* screen/scriptwriter who learned at the feet of Bill Goldman. I had the great good fortune to meet both men and to be mentored by one of them. Seriously talented men.
                            Thanks for fielding that one while I was away, Pol. Had I have seen it when it was posted I would have written a near dissertation. As it is, it's Sunday evening and I'm wiped so I think everyone can consider themselves lucky.

Lol the kid fic thread is the only one so far, but I'd like to start a Threads/Post Threads next.
                            One of my favorite categories is "Aliens made them do it". I think I'll get started on that list some day next week. That's certainly one I wouldn't mind policing. The only thing still under consideration is whether to lump "pretending to be married" fics in with that.
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                              One of my favorite categories is "Aliens made them do it". I think I'll get started on that list some day next week. That's certainly one I wouldn't mind policing. The only thing still under consideration is whether to lump "pretending to be married" fics in with that.
                              Ooh, those are always fun! Will look forward to that list
                              sigpic
                              Thank you to Ikorni for the sig

Jolinar's LJ - Currently reviewing all SG1 eps as part of the Shipper Rewatch, feel free to add me

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                                You could make an "Alien Influence" thread and divide the lists under categories like "aliens made them do it"/"pretending to be married fic" to "jumping each other's bones" etc.
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X