Clear All

Kiss from death knell ?????
    sigpic
    Thanks to the wonderful Meredithe5 for the awesome sig

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
      Kiss from death knell ?????
      Behind the scenes, at around 11:54.

Although the stills look better, since it's so brief.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

you know they had a lot of fun behind the scenes.

Comment

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5063553/...n_Books_Review

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
            you know they had a lot of fun behind the scenes.
            yeah i think they did, it always looks like they had so much fun
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
              Behind the scenes, at around 11:54.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t37pHWMW44

Although the stills look better, since it's so brief.
              I'd like to see the stills, if you have them at hand. It could have worked if they left the kiss in, maybe the kiss on the forehead particularly, would have been a nice touch (even tho technically Sam was happy with and shouldn't have been thinking about Jack
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                Here's a bit of fuffy even though Christmas is a few months away Blame it on the Tinsel by eve8

Summary: Carter's expecting lots of family, and when they finally show up, Jack gets snowed in with them. Christmas, a crazy family, some strange traditions, and mistletoe feature prominently. S/J Complete.
                I always want to scream when this story is rec'd. I'm like one of...like no one else...that absolutely can't stand this story. But it's because...

Originally posted by Pol View Post

You know...a lot of people dislike BiotT because it's OOC, improbable, etc... That said, I **love** that story. It's got a permanent spot on my iPad (and before that on various generations of PDAs).

Thank you for summing up my feelings (bolded part )

That said, who are a lot people??? I feel very lonely in this assessment given how often it gets rec'd.

It makes me feel extra angsty-grumpy.

Comment

Originally posted by SGSuzi View Post
                  I'd like to see the stills, if you have them at hand. It could have worked if they left the kiss in, maybe the kiss on the forehead particularly, would have been a nice touch (even tho technically Sam was happy with and shouldn't have been thinking about Jack
                  Sorry, I don't; I've only seen them in passing, probably during one of the shippy holidays but I hardly have any pics saved on my computer (otherwise I would have shared them).

I'm glad they kept it out, by the way, since it was totally against the regs. The forehead kiss, maybe (I can't really say I'm against that since I've just used one in my fic ), but I like it better the way it is in the episode. It's great bts material though.

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                  I always want to scream when this story is rec'd. I'm like one of...like no one else...that absolutely can't stand this story. But it's because...

Thank you for summing up my feelings (bolded part )

That said, who are a lot people??? I feel very lonely in this assessment given how often it gets rec'd.

It makes me feel extra angsty-grumpy.

You're not alone. I didn't want to say anything since everyone is always praising/rec'ing that fic, but I don't like it either because of the reasons mentioned (and then some).
                  Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                  Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                  On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Sorry, I don't; I've only seen them in passing, probably during one of the shippy holidays but I hardly have any pics saved on my computer (otherwise I would have shared them).

I'm glad they kept it out, by the way, since it was totally against the regs. The forehead kiss, maybe (I can't really say I'm against that since I've just used one in my fic ), but I like it better the way it is in the episode. It's great bts material though.

You're not alone. I didn't want to say anything since everyone is always praising/rec'ing that fic, but I don't like it either because of the reasons mentioned (and then some).
                    Yeah only the forehead kiss could have worked, not unusual for friends and co workers to show that kind of affection really, the on the lips bit, no wouldn't have worked, but I only saw it as a 'it's a wrap' type kiss anyway, I think there was a few of them!!!

I have read that fic and whilst I enjoyed it as a story I have to be in the mood for OOC fics, sometimes I can enjoy them as something fluffy and different but I don't really think of them as SG stories somehow. I do prefer episode based, or OC fics mainly cos I like to imagine more to everything we saw on screen and that's why I read fic
                    sigpic

Comment

The Holiday bts pics and the DK bts vid are kisses that were actually AT/RDA on set, not a part of the script. There was never intended to be kisses in either of those eps.

AT/RDA had a very sweet relationship. They were always kissing and hugging on set. We were fortunate enough to get a few of those in pics we can use for shippy art, etc.

Comment

Here are some caps from the DK special feature. Click on the thumbnail for fullsize pics.

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post

ETA: S/J shipiness...

There, that should do it.

Pol...I've always wondered what that "kissing in the lab/briefing room" image came from - was it a promotional picture? I don't really recall it in any episode and certainly can't find it anywhere!
                          Fics | Art | Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Ikorni View Post
                            Pol...I've always wondered what that "kissing in the lab/briefing room" image came from - was it a promotional picture? I don't really recall it in any episode and certainly can't find it anywhere!
                            I think it was just a bts pic, there are quite a few of AT/RDA hugging/kissing and probably some of other members of the cast together too. I think it is lovely that the cast all had such a close friendship, and indeed still are friends. It makes for a better team dynamic within the show itself, and of course gives us some fun extra images for our shippy fun
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by meredithe5 View Post
                              Here's a bit of fuffy even though Christmas is a few months away Blame it on the Tinsel by eve8

Summary: Carter's expecting lots of family, and when they finally show up, Jack gets snowed in with them. Christmas, a crazy family, some strange traditions, and mistletoe feature prominently. S/J Complete.
                              I really love that one as well -even with the issues note by Pol.

EDIT: The issues were also noted by Nynaeve, fems, and meredith...

ok, ok! It's OOC and I can't quite explain why I tolerate it...but I still like it (so there)!
                              Last edited by SaraBahama; 22 September 2012, 07:20 PM.
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                I really love that one as well -even with the issues note by Pol.
                                Thanks I'm not a huge fan of OOC stories but it's perfect when I'm in the mood for a bit of fluff. I also have a small family so I love reading about the craziness that large families go through during the holidays
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X