Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    That's why I love Ship Day! Divide and Conquer proves we aren't making this up! And while a little gutter a la Broca kissage is great every now and then I'll take me some angst and that deep, firm commitment forged in the fires of affliction any day.
    a little gutter? Broca Divide
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JodyTAZ View Post
      Hello, Hope I am not too late to submit my 10: In no particular order:
      1. Death Knell
      2. WoO
      3. Beneath the Surface
      4. Children of the Gods
      5. Entity
      6. Threads
      7. Solitudes
      8. Line in the Sand
      9. Tangent
      10. 1969

I decided to take you up on your offer of a challenge and the last 3 I listed as that challenge
      I am ABSOLUTELY certain you will not let me down with the shippiness that you find in these episodes .

AND as always, Jack and Sam forever!
      I almost put Tangent on my list. I love that ep.

But everyone else pretty much stuck to the usual suspects (not that I'm complaining); so it seems we are out voted.

Comment

I almost put Tangent on my list. I love that ep.

But everyone else pretty much stuck to the usual suspects (not that I'm complaining); so it seems we are out voted.
        I always loved sam's "Dammit, Colonel! We haven't come all this way to take you home in a box, now wake up!" line.

Comment

Originally posted by JodyTAZ View Post
          Hello, Hope I am not too late to submit my 10: In no particular order:
          1. Death Knell
          2. WoO
          3. Beneath the Surface
          4. Children of the Gods
          5. Entity
          6. Threads
          7. Solitudes
          8. Line in the Sand
          9. Tangent
          10. 1969

I decided to take you up on your offer of a challenge and the last 3 I listed as that challenge
          I am ABSOLUTELY certain you will not let me down with the shippiness that you find in these episodes .

AND as always, Jack and Sam forever!
          I almost put 'Line in the Sand' on mine, just because of the fishing thing. I know Jack isn't in it, but that moment made me Squeeee. My older brother looked at me like I was odd because he just didn't know the significance *nostalgic expression* Good times...
          "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Shippy Commentary

To get us into the spirit of the our upcoming shipper holiday and celebrate ten years of Ship Day goodness you are invited to participate in a group shipper commentary for ten of our favorite shippy episodes.

Episode Schedule
            Tuesday, July 10: Solitudes
            Thursday, July 12: Entity
            Saturday, July 14: Lost City
            Monday, July 16: Paradise Lost
            Thursday, July 19: Window of Opportunity
            Friday, July 20: Threads
            Sunday, July 22: Beneath the Surface
            Tuesday, July 24: Point of View
            Thursday, July 26: Divide and Conquer

This is how it will work. On the scheduled day all shippers are encouraged to watch the appointed episode and comment on this thread as they watch. I will be watching every evening at 9 pm EST if you would like to join in live with me. If you can't make the schedule feel free to comment on any of the episodes and related discussions at anytime. This is just a fun way for us to all get in the shippy mood together.

As Jack would say . . . HAVE FUN!!
            Last edited by hlndncr; 10 July 2012, 08:04 AM.

Comment

^^ Thanks for doing this! I think it's definitely going to be fun. And I want to emphasize...
              {snipped}

If you can't make the schedule feel free to comment on any of the episodes and related discussions at anytime. This is just a fun way for us to all get in the shippy mood together.

Not just for this either but any time! Some of our best discussions are sparked by a random comment!

And can I just say that I'm thrilled and amazed that this ship is still bringing new friends into our family. After all these years. Dang, I need a hug! C'mere everybody!

Comment

Shippy Commentary

To get us into the spirit of the our upcoming shipper holiday and celebrate ten years of Ship Day goodness you are invited to participate in a group shipper commentary for ten of our favorite shippy episodes.

Episode Schedule
                Tuesday, July 10: Solitudes
                Thursday, July 12: Entity
                Saturday, July 14: Lost City
                Monday, July 16: Paradise Lost
                Thursday, July 19: Window of Opportunity
                Friday, July 20: Threads
                Sunday, July 22: Beneath the Surface
                Tuesday, July 24: Point of View
                Thursday, July 26: Divide and Conquer

This is how it will work. On the scheduled day all shippers are encouraged to watch the appointed episode and comment on this thread as they watch. I will be watching every evening at 7 pm est if you would like to join in live with me. If you can't make the schedule feel free to comment on any of the episodes and related discussions at anytime. This is just a fun way for us to all get in the shippy mood together.

Great idea, although I'm afraid I can't stick to the schedule. But I'll watch every ep.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
                  ^^ Thanks for doing this! I think it's definitely going to be fun. And I want to emphasize...

Not just for this either but any time! Some of our best discussions are sparked by a random comment!

And can I just say that I'm thrilled and amazed that this ship is still bringing new friends into our family. After all these years. Dang, I need a hug! C'mere everybody!
                  Haha love that hug smiley!
                  "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

I'm surprised to see Solitudes on the list. I can't wait to hear you guys comments on It. The reason is that, aside from Jack's side arm, I don't see the shippiness in this particular episode and believe me, I SEE SHIP IN EVERYTHING. So perhaps you all will point out something I missed. The first time my son saw this episode, he thought O'Neil murmurred "Sam" as he passed out, but I told him -"no, he said 'Sarah'." So it seemed to me that they were more comrades serving/surviving/respecting each other. If you guys can offer me some insight that I missed, I'll happily embrace it.

It is already Tuesday, July 10th here so I guess I'll have to wait to see most of your posts until tomorow.
                    sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

I have no idea how the banner got on my last post. I hit "edit" to correct a typo and once I saved the edit, the banner apeared. I hit "edit" again to remove whatever code I might have picked up but there's nothing there. Hopefully, whose ever banner this thing pilfered (sorry) was just a fluke and won't be on this post. Fingers crossed.

Comment

By the way, have any of you guys heard from Sg-1fanitin? I went to her activity page but it looks as if she hasn't been here for a while.

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                          By the way, have any of you guys heard from Sg-1fanitin? I went to her activity page but it looks as if she hasn't been here for a while.
                          She's doing fine--very busy at work. I know she takes the time to lurk here every now and again, but not very often.
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

She is usually around only during the shippy holidays.

...and I became a shipper with Solitudes!
                            Last edited by XFchemist; 10 July 2012, 08:25 AM.
                            sigpic
                            My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Whew! Thanks you guys for letting me know Sg-Fanitin is ok. I was really feeling emotional that I've been away so long and have missed people and let something go by that was once a very important part of my life. The S&J boards helped me through some stressful times. Okay, TMI, sorry. Just having a moment [sniff]

Comment

Whew! Thanks you guys for letting me know Sg-Fanitin is ok. I was really feeling emotional that I've been away so long and have missed people and let something go by that was once a very important part of my life. The S&J boards helped me through some stressful times. Okay, TMI, sorry. Just having a moment [sniff]
                                I've enjoyed my association with the other Shippers here for the same reason. It's so nice to have the encouragement and support of so many good people. And we are really glad to have you with us again. Isn't it great that Shippers can come and go and come again and there are always other Shippers here to say "Hi!" exchange a kind word, and chat about S/J?

I love this Ship!!!

*joins UhSir in big group hug*

Comment

Working...
                                X