No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wanted to pass out green kudos to a few people here on the thread, but either I've been away so long I've forgotten how to do it; or yet another way that my ipad is showing me how it is the greatest hunk of junk of all time. Grrr, it frustrates me to no end that it is supposed to be the best but more oft than not I can't access links, features or videos while I'm surfing the web.

Does anybody have instructions on how to "green" someone? (I tried clicking on their name/avatar, tried clicking on the green hey already have.). Is it me or this ipad that's the problem?
    sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

click on the star at the bottom right below the avatar - that opens up the green dialog box
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
        ^^how could i forget Heroes?! lol
        AHhhhhhhhhhh me too!!! I blame the heat wave! *nods*
        sigpic
        My vids Sig made by me

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
          The shippy music has indeed been used for other than Sam and Jack scenes. Bits of it were played in SGA when Elizabeth and Simon were together. Bits of it were played in "Enemies" when Jack and Daniel are discussing what happened to Teal'c. I've heard it in lots of other places that have nothing to do with Sam and Jack. Though it may be considered the "Sam and Jack Theme", it was used in lots of other situations as well unrelated to them.
          Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
          They've used other themes in weird places too, which I also find jarring. I remember hearing the Asgard music once and thinking, there are no Asgard in this episode.

But I like how your shippy mind works UhSir because Jack must have been thinking about Sam quite a bit during Zero Hour. So from now on I will include a shippy context to my viewing of that scene.
          If I recall correctly, if you listen carefully, the very last note changes (is different) whenever the music is used for other situations that are not S&J scenes. This is a good excuse for me to begin a rewatch so I can be sure. I usally fell asleep on Season 9-10 episodes so now that I've gotten over my bitterness of no Jack, I might be able to get through the season. I love Ben Browder from his Farscape days so if I'm able to tolerate anyone trying to fill RDA's shoes, it'll be him.

But I also agree with other posters here - when I could manage to stay awake, it was hard to tolerate what they did to Sam's character. I mean her being in hysterical tears over a fellow officer being killed while in a combat situation? She has borne up while watching her team (family) and beloved tortured/killed. She might show intense emotion in private, but never during performing her duty. Or maybe I was snoozing earlier/later in the episode. Was that a ploy to get he upper hand or a distraction or something?

Originally posted by Nolamom View Post
          click on the star at the bottom right below the avatar - that opens up the green dialog box
          That's what I mean - there is no star beneath the avatar when viewing on my ipad -this expensive piece of trash! It's only made for Big Bang type of people who think something is awesome because they get a kick out of knowing they're the only ones who understand it -- even if it doesn't work as well as the devices made for the rest of us. (Never taking the advice of what to buy from egg-heads ever again! (Plus, it misses half the letters I type so please forgive any typos I've missed.)

Comment

Thanks, Nolamon. I found the star!

Ooh, and happy belated birthday, hlndncr! By the way, what does your name mean or the initials stand for?

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
              My Top Ten (no particular order):

Lost City
              Heroes
              Threads
              Divide and Conquer
              Window of Opportunity
              Solitudes
              Point of View
              Entity
              In the Line of Duty
              Beneath the Surface
              This is my list as well. You know, seeing you guys' lists makes me recall back when we shippers were accused of "making it all up". The lists make me think of this because we usually don't include The Broca Divide too often in our references. We recognized it for what it was -- hotness attracts hotness with a dose of alien virus in the mix. We tend to disregard it (other than when needed for hot fanfic) and focus on their real life dedicated true love devotion to one another. My point being,we didn't make it up but rather interpreted what was presented to us on screen. If it was just wishful thinking (like a lot of forums/characters/slash), we would spend a lot more time on that episode/situation. That being said, however, I am extremely grateful to this board for all the smll moments that I would have missed (hair sniffage, hand brushing, etc.) if not for the eagle eyes in this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                Awww, the infamous sniff! Maybe we can entice Bev to post the gif???? Pretty please????
                It is an honour to serve.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by RamonaThePest View Post
                  Thanks, Nolamon. I found the star!

Ooh, and happy belated birthday, hlndncr! By the way, what does your name mean or the initials stand for?
                  Thanks! My handle is short for highland dancer. I used to compete and now I teach Scottish Dancing as a hobby.

Comment

If I recall correctly, if you listen carefully, the very last note changes (is different) whenever the music is used for other situations that are not S&J scenes. This is a good excuse for me to begin a rewatch so I can be sure. I usally fell asleep on Season 9-10 episodes so now that I've gotten over my bitterness of no Jack, I might be able to get through the season. I love Ben Browder from his Farscape days so if I'm able to tolerate anyone trying to fill RDA's shoes, it'll be him.

But I also agree with other posters here - when I could manage to stay awake, it was hard to tolerate what they did to Sam's character. I mean her being in hysterical tears over a fellow officer being killed while in a combat situation? She has borne up while watching her team (family) and beloved tortured/killed. She might show intense emotion in private, but never during performing her duty. Or maybe I was snoozing earlier/later in the episode. Was that a ploy to get he upper hand or a distraction or something?
                    I still can't stand S9-10. It's not just that RDA is gone; although without him and the ship my interest definitely waned. But I just don't think it is very good. BB had very little to work with because the PTB were so busy making Sam look weak, trying to get Daniel to look more butch, ignoring Teal'c, and throwing Vala and her leather bustiere in our faces.

Comment

This is my list as well. You know, seeing you guys' lists makes me recall back when we shippers were accused of "making it all up". The lists make me think of this because we usually don't include The Broca Divide too often in our references. We recognized it for what it was -- hotness attracts hotness with a dose of alien virus in the mix. We tend to disregard it (other than when needed for hot fanfic) and focus on their real life dedicated true love devotion to one another. My point being,we didn't make it up but rather interpreted what was presented to us on screen. If it was just wishful thinking (like a lot of forums/characters/slash), we would spend a lot more time on that episode/situation. That being said, however, I am extremely grateful to this board for all the small moments that I would have missed (hair sniffage, hand brushing, etc.) if not for the eagle eyes in this forum.
                      That's why I love Ship Day! Divide and Conquer proves we aren't making this up! And while a little gutter a la Broca kissage is great every now and then I'll take me some angst and that deep, firm commitment forged in the fires of affliction any day.

Comment

Last call for Top Ten lists for Shippy Commentary! Get it in now!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post

Bev--you are the best!!!!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                            Thanks! My handle is short for highland dancer. I used to compete and now I teach Scottish Dancing as a hobby.
                            I was thinking this the other day when I was writing your Bday message...I was going to ask you "Does your name stand for Highland Dancer?" lol
                            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz View Post
                              Okay, so I was sitting here for like 3 minutes watching this gif because every time I went to scroll down it restarted... Now I know how the guys felt in 'The Light' haha
                              "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Hello, Hope I am not too late to submit my 10: In no particular order:
                                1. Death Knell
                                2. WoO
                                3. Beneath the Surface
                                4. Children of the Gods
                                5. Entity
                                6. Threads
                                7. Solitudes
                                8. Line in the Sand
                                9. Tangent
                                10. 1969

I decided to take you up on your offer of a challenge and the last 3 I listed as that challenge
                                I am ABSOLUTELY certain you will not let me down with the shippiness that you find in these episodes .

AND as always, Jack and Sam forever!
                                sigpic
                                Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Working...
                                X