D&C is THE Shippy episode!
      sigpic

Comment

The Best Shippy Episode is . . .

Divide and Conquer (11)

vs.

Lost City (0)

D&C gets my vote as well.
        The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it

Comment

Divide and Conquer (12)

vs.

Lost City (0)

My vote as well

And as always Sam and Jack forever!
          sigpic
          Thanks to the talented Bailey1ak

Comment

Divide and Conquer (13)

vs.

Lost City (0)

Looks like it's going to be a shut-out!

Comment

Divide and Conquer (14)

vs.

Lost City (0)

I keep forgetting to vote
              sigpic

Comment

I probably won't be here until the evening tomorrow... so wanted to wish everyone who celebrates...

HAPPY EASTER!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Happy Easter to all!

Divide and Conquer (14)

vs.

Lost City (1)

Guh! Am I making waves or what? I love D&C, I really do: it was the very first "confirmation" we received about Sam and Jack's feelings for each other. But I love that those feelings are still so close to the surface in Lost City. I love that the entire episode has Sam struggling with the fact that Jack is dying and she goes to his house and tries to tell him, and she confronts him in the cargo ship, and she calls him Jack!

And I also still greatly dislike Martouf and Anise!

So yeah, I'm giving Lost City some love! \
                    sigpic
                    The Return of King Arthur
                    Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
                    acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                      Lol. Self pimping. Does that mean that I'm free to self-pimp when I'm done my newest story? I have been arguing with myself about whether I feel confident enough to do so hahaha
                      absolutely! most here do self pimp occasionally -in this case, I did because the fic addressed the subject we were talking about.

Originally posted by Wild Flower View Post
                      Divide & Conquer (5)
                      Because I care about this episode... A lot more than I'm supposed to.
                      *snort* nice, Wild Flower...very clever.

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                      She was unprepared by the resurgence of Jolinar's feelings. I got the feeling they were strongest for Martouf than anything else, and so after he died she got used to not having to guard against them, so when he showed up she was taken over for a perilous, appropriately-ended moment.
                      That's how I see it.
                      spooky, selene...very spooky...

Originally posted by For_All_Eternity View Post
                      Now, honestly, the touching of their hands at the end of season 8 when Sam slides that document towards Jack.... Do you guys think the directors wanted to imply their closeness or was it just a close-up shot we read too much into? Have they done such close-ups before? I cannot remember....
                      The camera angle, and the capture of this close up was too convienent to have been accidental. When I rewatched it, it seemed very deliberate: the close up is unnecessary and should not have wasted the the director's precious airtime if he had not intended it to be seen (I mean -the passing of a file has rarely been seen on screen in such vivid detail).

Divide and Conquer (14)

vs.

Lost City (2)

I can hardly do better than what she said:

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
                      [Guh! Am I making waves or what? I love D&C, I really do: it was the very first "confirmation" we received about Sam and Jack's feelings for each other. But I love that those feelings are still so close to the surface in Lost City. I love that the entire episode has Sam struggling with the fact that Jack is dying and she goes to his house and tries to tell him, and she confronts him in the cargo ship, and she calls him Jack!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                        absolutely! most here do self pimp occasionally -in this case, I did because the fic addressed the subject we were talking about.
                        I think I may need to employ someone to pimp my work for me, so I dont feel so arrogant for doing it myself hahaha
                        "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Originally posted by sasha713 View Post
                          I think I may need to employ someone to pimp my work for me, so I dont feel so arrogant for doing it myself hahaha
                          You may employ me

ps: how much do you pay btw? LOL
                          sigpic
                          Made by the talented Meredithe5

Live peace, speak kindness, dwell in possibility - Amanda Tapping

My Rainbow Run for Mila raised $2672.5 CAD for Sanctuary For Kids! Many thanks to everyone who donated in honour of my beloved niece https://www.facebook.com/RainbowRunForMila

Comment

Originally posted by Samfan13 View Post
                            You may employ me

ps: how much do you pay btw? LOL
                            LOL. I don't think I thought this through that far haha
                            "You ended the world for me, because you believed I could bring it back." -unknown

Comment

Divide and Conquer (14)

vs.

Lost City (3)

I can hardly do better than what she said:
                              Me either. Despite myself and my deep love for Divide and Conquer, I'm voting for Lost City.
                              sigpic
                              My Stories: FFdotNet
                              My Stories AO3
                              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Originally posted by Nynaeve506 View Post
                                Maybe. Maybe not. I think that in general the show asks us to suspend a great deal of disbelief. One of the major points I struggle with is that I firmly believe that they would have never been allowed to keep working together post-D&C. (In fact, normal USAF procedure would have rotated them out within a couple years regardless). I decided to take a page out of Pol's book for this one (see her BtS Campfire) & couple it with what has been said about the episode (that it lacked heart and that these two people loved each other) - but I would concede that not everyone would buy it

Thank you

I waffle. I absolutely insist on a beta for longer pieces, but a lot of times I'll throw my 1k stories up without one - in this case, I'm trying to fulfill a challenge on LiveJournal, and I'm packing for a trip today, so I couldn't hang around and wait (although I received some lovely offers come this morning - thank you! Had GW not gone down for me last night I might have taken some people up on it LOL)
                                Thank you (from on the road back from Vancouver).
                                Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Working...
                                X