No announcement yet.

Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually have S/J clips in my head to go with this song!

God Gave Me You
    ~Blake Shelton

spoilered for length and to keep down the irritation I'm causing
    Spoiler:

I’ve been a walking heartache
    I’ve made a mess of me
    The person that I’ve been lately
    Ain’t who I wanna be

But you stay here right beside me
    Watch as the storm goes through
    And I need you

[Chorus]
    God gave me you for the ups and downs
    God gave me you for the days of doubt
    For when I think I’ve lost my way
    There are no words here left to say, it’s true
    God gave me you

There’s more here than what were seeing
    A divine conspiracy
    That you, an angel lovely
    Could somehow fall for me
    You’ll always be love’s great martyr
    Ill be the flattered fool
    And I need you

[Bridge]
    On my own I’m only
    Half of what I could be
    I can’t do without you
    We are stitched together
    And what love has tethered
    I pray we never undo

If you want to hear it (there is @ 30 seconds of his to-be wife speaking just before the song starts):
    God Gave Me You
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

The Best of the Ship is . . .

The Grace Kiss [2]

vs.

Fishing [13]

While I like the Grace-kiss, it also reminds me of the moment/episode she decided to let Jack go (based on hallucinations aboard a marooned spaceship for crying out loud!) and ended up with Pete. Fishing is kind of a theme and just goes with Sam and Jack. He's invited her three times (and probably more off screen) over the years and in the end she went with him. From her first reply it sounded like she doesn't think fishing is fun, but by season ten her password is "FISHING"! Someone had a change of heart...
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

The Grace Kiss [2]

vs.

Fishing [13]

While I like the Grace-kiss, it also reminds me of the moment/episode she decided to let Jack go (based on hallucinations aboard a marooned spaceship for crying out loud!) and ended up with Pete. Fishing is kind of a theme and just goes with Sam and Jack. He's invited her three times (and probably more off screen) over the years and in the end she went with him. From her first reply it sounded like she doesn't think fishing is fun, but by season ten her password is "FISHING"! Someone had a change of heart...
        You know, I've come to associate fishing with naughty *ahem* behavior, so to speak, so now when I read/think about fishing being Sam's password, I can't help but think that she uses it simply because "sex" isn't a strong enough password. Not enough letters!

Comment

The Grace Kiss [2]

vs.

Fishing [14]

I love the Grace kiss for being so passionate, but Fishing is our (and Sam and Jack's) word for them being together, doing anything and everything they want.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
            Jack actually invites her to the cabin three times - in "Nemesis", "The Curse", and in "Sight Unseen".

Others have pointed out the big difference in the two fishing scenes - in "Threads" and "Moebius". In "Moebius", Jack is sprawled in his deck chair on the deck, with his ankles crossed, looking very relaxed. However, in the "Moebius" scene, Jack is sprawled in his deck chair, legs sprawled out in front of him, looking very relaxed and contented, as though perhaps he'd been doing something that wore him out a bit earlier???
            in the 'threads' one, i like their chairs being closer.
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Jack actually invites her to the cabin three times - in "Nemesis", "The Curse", and in "Sight Unseen".

Others have pointed out the big difference in the two fishing scenes - in "Threads" and "Moebius". In "Moebius", Jack is sprawled in his deck chair on the deck, with his ankles crossed, looking very relaxed. However, in the "Moebius" scene, Jack is sprawled in his deck chair, legs sprawled out in front of him, looking very relaxed and contented, as though perhaps he'd been doing something that wore him out a bit earlier???
              Oh, and I was thinking of just Nemesis, I think. and then Small Victories too... I think. Right?

I need to watch them again.

Comment

Originally posted by selene0789 View Post
                You know, I've come to associate fishing with naughty *ahem* behavior, so to speak, so now when I read/think about fishing being Sam's password, I can't help but think that she uses it simply because "sex" isn't a strong enough password. Not enough letters!
                Well yeah, of course. Don't we all associate it with naughty terms? But she could have just easily picked something like "sexwithJack" or "*date*sexwithJack" or "greatsexwithJack" if she meant just something naughty. Personally I'd go with the date, because combining letters and numbers and using a capital letter would be best for a password... But she chose "fishing", which really says it all. Who needs more confirmation than that?
                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Oh, and I was thinking of just Nemesis, I think. and then Small Victories too... I think. Right?

I need to watch them again.
                  You're right. I forgot about the one in "Small Victories". Good catch. That makes four times he invited her (onscreen) to go fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Well yeah, of course. Don't we all associate it with naughty terms? But she could have just easily picked something like "sexwithJack" or "*date*sexwithJack" or "greatsexwithJack" if she meant just something naughty. Personally I'd go with the date, because combining letters and numbers and using a capital letter would be best for a password... But she chose "fishing", which really says it all. Who needs more confirmation than that?
                    All true, but when my mind goes dirty, it doesn't perform the higher functions so well... "fishing" = "heheheheheh... *fishing*!"

I'm hopeless!

Comment

The Grace Kiss [2]

vs.

Fishing [15]

Because I love every single one of the fishing invites, they actually went fishing, and her password is "fishing" *happy sigh*

All true, but when my mind goes dirty, it doesn't perform the higher functions so well... "fishing" = "heheheheheh... *fishing*!"

I'm hopeless!

I do the same thing too
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Great new S/J vids, XfChemsit!! Thanks for posting!!

Comment

The Grace Kiss [3]

vs.

Fishing [15]

I'm giving my vote to the Grace Kiss because I really thought it would get more votes than this, and it is THE GRACE KISS!

But tonight's WINNER is Fishing.

Comment

Jacob to Sam: "Don't let rules stand in your way . . . You can still have everything you want."
                            Kerry to Jack: "Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart? Rules and regulations? Because if it is, you're making a very big mistake."

vs.

Paradise Lost

Comment

Jacob to Sam: "Don't let rules stand in your way . . . You can still have everything you want."
                              Kerry to Jack: "Is the Air Force the only thing keeping you two apart? Rules and regulations? Because if it is, you're making a very big mistake."

vs.

Paradise Lost (1)

While I think what Jacob says to Sam is important, I'm choosing Paradise Lost. Mostly because once again Sam is all but beside herself with worrying where he is, how she was responsible for him being there (which she wasn't at all), and how to find him and get him back. And as she said to Teal'c, while weeping on his shoulder, it hasn't been all that long since they lost Daniel, and she just can't take the possibility of also losing Jack.

Comment

You're right. I forgot about the one in "Small Victories". Good catch. That makes four times he invited her (onscreen) to go fishing.
                                4 times in 8 years? He REALLY wanted her to go fishing with him

I'm hopeless!
                                *throws life preserver out to selene so that she won't drown in the gutter* heh-heh.

Keep Trinity company!!...she has her own private raft out there! LOL
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X