Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JodyTAZ View Post
    Hi there Lucycat and everyone,
    Yep it is MacGyver Weekend. if you go to Forum Announcements and Help the Moderators came up with a theme for this weekend. This includes changing the status to fit the theme Each level has a different one. Check out the thread, some great MacGyver pics, sigs, etc. Hope this helps!
    Hope everyone has a great weekend!
    thanks for the info, i was wondering why my rank was Mac's Leather Jacket Polisher. but why is it MacGyver weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
      I was looking through my notes and it seems that I had planned to possibly do a Ship Day Favorite Fics Awards. (I put together an initial outline of rules and procedures.) But it seems I also planned to give myself more time.

I still think it could be fun, but I would really need your participation for it to work. (Otherwise it will just be a list of my favorite stories.)

My thought would be to lay out some categories and ask for your favorite S/J fics in each category. (I won't be able to give you much time to read the nominations before we vote, but since we are doing favorites (old and new) many of us would probably have read them before.) Then we'd have a couple of weeks to vote and I'd list all the stories on the Ship Day Thread and announce the favorites on Ship Day.

Would you all be interested in doing something like that? Would you nominate/vote for stories?
      I don't read that much fanfic but I would definitely nominate and vote
      sigpic
      Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Another possible Sam/Jack (non)-confirmation? Apologies if this has already been talked to death elsewhere.

I was watching SGA Lifeline today while tidying up after dinner, and must have been wearing my shippy glasses because my interpretation isn't listed on The List.

Near the end of the epi, Sheppard is on the pier admiring the two moons, when Sam comes out to speak with him. At one point he says, 'Congratulations' and she just stares at him, in shock. She doesn't reply, and in my mind, she's in shock, thinking, 'Holy crap! How did he find out Jack and I got married??!!' But then he whacks her lightly on the shoulder and says, 'You're a full-bird Colonel' and she breathes a huge sigh of relief, and the convo continues on.

It's not just me, right? Do I need new glasses? lol

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
          Another possible Sam/Jack (non)-confirmation? Apologies if this has already been talked to death elsewhere.

I was watching SGA Lifeline today while tidying up after dinner, and must have been wearing my shippy glasses because my interpretation isn't listed on The List.

Near the end of the epi, Sheppard is on the pier admiring the two moons, when Sam comes out to speak with him. At one point he says, 'Congratulations' and she just stares at him, in shock. She doesn't reply, and in my mind, she's in shock, thinking, 'Holy crap! How did he find out Jack and I got married??!!' But then he whacks her lightly on the shoulder and says, 'You're a full-bird Colonel' and she breathes a huge sigh of relief, and the convo continues on.

Nope. It's not just you. You're glasses are fine. Others have said something similar to that. And I also would have to wonder how Sheppard found out about the marriage, since I doubt it's something that would come across the regularly scheduled contact between the SGC and Atlantis.

I would absolutely love it in the scene where Rodney comes to see Sam in her quarters just after she arrives on Atlantis and awkwardly talks about the "thing" between Sam and him. In my mind, Sam flashes her wedding ring at him, or just happens to pick up Jack's photo and puts it in a prominent place right next to her bed while Rodney is watching and since he's such a super-genius, it only takes him a moment to realize that he's been replaced magnificently in Sam's heart. mind and soul, and there's no room at all for Rodney.

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post

yes, we were happy about that too!
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JodyTAZ View Post
              AKA,
              Congratulations, you have got my votes....when the nominations go up!
              Sorry to single you out but you've just illustrated my point in the S/J fic thread.
              sigpic
              Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
                I can totally relate! My one year is this Sunday, June 19! Time flew by!
                YAY! We can celebrate together then! Mine is almost a month later though, on July 16th.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                Nope. It's not just you. You're glasses are fine. Others have said something similar to that. And I also would have to wonder how Sheppard found out about the marriage, since I doubt it's something that would come across the regularly scheduled contact between the SGC and Atlantis.

I would absolutely love it in the scene where Rodney comes to see Sam in her quarters just after she arrives on Atlantis and awkwardly talks about the "thing" between Sam and him. In my mind, Sam flashes her wedding ring at him, or just happens to pick up Jack's photo and puts it in a prominent place right next to her bed while Rodney is watching and since he's such a super-genius, it only takes him a moment to realize that he's been replaced magnificently in Sam's heart. mind and soul, and there's no room at all for Rodney.
                Awwwww! Poor Rodney!

sigpic
                Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally Posted by Akamaimom
                  Just got a nice surprise in my email inbox this morning:
                  Spoiler:
                  SIX of my stories have been nominated for Gatefic awards!

So, to the nominator--whoever you are--THANKS!
                  Huh, and I was feeling all chuffed about my ONE. LOL. Congrats, AKA
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
                    Just got a nice surprise in my email inbox this morning:

Spoiler:
                    SIX of my stories have been nominated for Gatefic awards!

So, to the nominator--whoever you are--THANKS!
                    Originally posted by Pol View Post
                    Huh, and I was feeling all chuffed about my ONE. LOL. Congrats, AKA
                    Congrats to all fellow nominees. Amusingly, most of mine are gen nominations this time round. Clearly I'm not writing enough Sam/Jack these days.

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                    Cool. Where is this place and when can I vote????
                    The calendar for the awards can be found here: Gatefic Awards Calendar

It looks like voting opens July 4th.
                    sigpic
                    Women of the Gate LJ Community.
                    My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

Originally posted by Rachel500 View Post
                      Congrats to all fellow nominees. Amusingly, most of mine are gen nominations this time round. Clearly I'm not writing enough Sam/Jack these days.
                      No you're not!

But you just keep working away at that Lost City TAG. I'm absolutely dying to read it.

*sits down to wait in excited anticipation*

Comment

About the awards thing:

I think that it's impressive that there is still such a beast. The show has been off the air for how long? One portion of the Ship bailed how long ago? That there are still people so obsessed with it that they are still writing fic and nominating it and willing to go through the rigamarole to have a competition is stunning. Go Us Shippers!

My six are:

Spoiler:
                        Secret Santa, Tooled, Taken, The Wizard of Mazd, Cracks in the Glass, and Paradise Bound.

The amazing thing is that only two of them are in the same category. The Fluff category Go figure--I know--you're all surprised.
                        sigpic
                        My Stories: FFdotNet
                        My Stories AO3
                        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Congrats Pol and AKA for your nominations! We have such a talented group of writers, even those who didn't get nominated, in our thread!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                            Congrats Pol and AKA for your nominations! We have such a talented group of writers, even those who didn't get nominated, in our thread!
                            Agreed.

sigpic
                            Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                            My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                            Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                              Contrats everyone!! Now I have to find time to go back and re-read everything so I can vote properly... that most certainly won't be a hardship

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGalaxyJ View Post
                                YAY! We can celebrate together then! Mine is almost a month later though, on July 16th.

Sounds like a plan! Funny, that my one year on June 19 it is also Father's Day, so I'll be spending time with my Dad... but I'll be here in the evening. I'll have celebratory sparking cider for everyone!

Comment

Working...
                                X