X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
    Really sad OT:

Spoiler:
    I have never asked for anything before, but I'd like to ask anyone who prays to do so for my sister, Judy. She lives in Ketchikan, Alaska, and her husband has been unwell for a long time. Judy just called me to tell me her husband killed himself last night. I knew something was wrong just by her tone of voice when I answered the phone, but that was not what I was expecting to hear. And I'm still crying writing this. I can't even begin to imagine what she's going through right now. Anyway, whatever prayers you can send her way would be most appreciated.
    I'm so sorry to hear that. Hugs and prayers to you and your sister.

Comment

OT:
      Just had to share:
      Spoiler:
      I'VE GRADUATED FROM HIGH SCHOOL!!!

I'm so excited!

sigpic
      The Return of King Arthur
      Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
      acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by SamJackShipper93 View Post
        OT:
        Just had to share:
        Spoiler:

I'm so excited!

Thank you! Now I feel REALLY old!!!!

And now I get to share:

Spoiler:
        We're having a GIRL!!!

(My husband wants to name her Samantha. . . Wonder why???)
        sigpic
        My Stories: FFdotNet
        My Stories AO3
        Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

Congrats SJS93!!!!!

I too am feeling old.

Aka you could always go with Grace or Janet as alternatives.

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
            Thank you! Now I feel REALLY old!!!!

And now I get to share:

Spoiler:
            We're having a GIRL!!!

BABY!! I love babies.
            Spoiler:
            And I've always loved the name Samantha, even before I started associating it with Sam.

I just love that it's one of those names that is so versatile. Samantha, Sam, Sammie... you can go by anything.
            sigpic
            The Return of King Arthur
            Trust in the Lord with all your heart; lean not on your own understanding. In all of ways
            acknowledge him, and he'll make your path straight. Proverbs 3:5-6

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
              Congrats SJS93!!!!!

I too am feeling old.

Aka you could always go with Grace or Janet as alternatives.
              I tried to name number four Grace, but hubby didn't like it. So, she got named Hannah (which is Grace in Hebrew), and a Hawaiian middle name that also means Grace. I won.

But every time I think of Janet, I think, "Dammit, Janet, I love you!" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not sure that will work.
              sigpic
              My Stories: FFdotNet
              My Stories AO3
              Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

BABY!! I love babies.
                Spoiler:
                And I've always loved the name Samantha, even before I started associating it with Sam.

I just love that it's one of those names that is so versatile. Samantha, Sam, Sammie... you can go by anything.
                Name OT
                Spoiler:
                Not like mine! Although my hubby has managed to shorten Amy to Ames.
                sigpic
                Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

I tried to name number four Grace, but hubby didn't like it. So, she got named Hannah (which is Grace in Hebrew), and a Hawaiian middle name that also means Grace. I won.

But every time I think of Janet, I think, "Dammit, Janet, I love you!" from the Rocky Horror Picture Show. Not sure that will work.
                  You could try "Samantha Grace".

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                    Actually, in thinking about it, if the kiss was originally scripted, it would have posed quite a problem for Sam. I mean, she was seeing Pete at the time, and as much as I don't think she loved him in the way she does Jack, I still don't think she would cheat on him (or any guy for that matter). I can just imgine her freaking out about the whole thing...
                    but if 'lost city' *had* been the end of stargate sg1, one could easily imagine that sam wasn't with pete anymore, 'because' of the way she was acting and reacting around jack. to me, the stuff that happened in 'lost city', and adding in 'heroes'... i could easily see that sam had broken up with pete, by the time 'lost city' came around.

didn't it look like she had come to terms with her doubts about her feelings (from 'grace') when she went to talk to jack at his house? okay, she still wasn't sure, 100 percent sure about jack's feelings, but she sure was about hers now (to me), so...

this is one of the reasons i was --> --> --> at s8's premier 'new order', when it was revealed she was still with her boyfriend.
                    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                      but if 'lost city' *had* been the end of stargate sg1, one could easily imagine that sam wasn't with pete anymore, 'because' of the way she was acting and reacting around jack. to me, the stuff that happened in 'lost city', and adding in 'heroes'... i could easily see that sam had broken up with pete, by the time 'lost city' came around.

didn't it look like she had come to terms with her doubts about her feelings (from 'grace') when she went to talk to jack at his house? okay, she still wasn't sure, 100 percent sure about jack's feelings, but she sure was about hers now (to me), so...

this is one of the reasons i was --> --> --> at s8's premier 'new order', when it was revealed she was still with her boyfriend.
                      I agree. I seriously thought Sam had dumped (as she should have!) and then he pops back up in NO and I'm thinking, "What the . . . . !@#$%!!!!"
                      Last edited by hlndncr; 09 June 2011, 02:39 PM.

Comment

I hadn't even thought about Pete during The Lost City. Not a whit! I was so focused on Sam and Jack, that I excluded all thoughts of Pete. I have narrow rose colored ship lenses.
                        sigpic
                        Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                          I hadn't even thought about Pete during The Lost City. Not a whit! I was so focused on Sam and Jack, that I excluded all thoughts of Pete. I have narrow rose colored ship lenses.
                          sam was focused on jack too! , so why would anyone think she still had a boyfriend?
                          sally

sigpic

Comment

i'm watching (listening actually) to a song from the 1968 musical 'Oliver'. this song is called 'i'd do anything'. the lyrics to this song (most of them anyways ) would make a great sam/jack song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pynzq6g_Q
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kate1013 View Post
                              Yeah apparently a kiss was originally scripted... *sigh*
                              I didn't know that -and now I'm sad....

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Drat. Now some of SaraBahama's plot bunnies are running around in my head trying to entice me into doing something with this. One can only ignore those cute little grinning bunnies for just so long - in spite of their evil, maniacal giggling and grinning.
                              Sorry, hedwig...they figured out how to open their cage! They came directly to you because they know you can't resist fuzzy little critters. *scoops up rampant plot bunnies* C'mere guys...back into the maximum security kennel...

Oh! just had another bunny born... when does it all end?? Going to write this one down (and watch the associated episode).

AKA -I partially blame you for this particular bunny...it was the result of your Craw from the Chasm... thanks a lot -you should really get a disclaimer 'may cause plot bunny overpopulation'... great piece, BTW.

OT:
                              Just had to share:
                              Spoiler:
                              I'm so excited!

Congrats!...and now I also feel old...LOL

And now I get to share:
                              Spoiler:
                              We're having a GIRL!!!
                              Oh WOW! YAY! and I agree on the moniker...

Originally posted by gater62 View Post
                              I felt the same way watching that ep. I never considered him at all in that. So many lost opportunities...
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                                i'm watching (listening actually) to a song from the 1968 musical 'Oliver'. this song is called 'i'd do anything'. the lyrics to this song (most of them anyways ) would make a great sam/jack song!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_pynzq6g_Q
                                *sigh* oh the shippiness! Thanks majorsal...
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X