Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
    after what we saw in 'lost city'; she wouldn't have. having her still with the cop in 'new order' was like ignoring 'heroes' and 'lost city' completely. *angry sigh*
    Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
    Must be in an angsty mood. Thinking about Lost City.
    And wondering how she ever could have gone back to after that. Would it have been different if Jack hadn't stopped her from actually saying how she felt here?
    I was thinking about these eps just today. In 'Lost City' when Jack put Sam in charge, he said he 'resigned' ('let me make it easy for you...I resign')...that would have been an awesome place to have put a great kiss! No regs. I'm sure Jack didn't because she was still with Mr. cop. Also... in New Order Pt 2, when they got Carter back, the scene between them should have been much more charged -the last time she saw him he was in stasis, and the last thing he heard her say was 'please...Jack'. The scene seems a bit flat by comparison.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
    So I'm not the only who's already bouncing for Ship Day? Sweet! I also don't have anything done yet but I have an idea of what I want to do. If only I had more free time...
    I'm excited...it's my first Ship Day!
    CARTER: No. I've just never blown up a star before.
    O'NEILL: Well they say the first one's always the hardest.

**I'm holding a fluffy little bunny in the corner just for Ship Day. It's only 450 words right now...it needs to grow up a bit.

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
    Hi all! I haven't been around in a while... I couldn't log in! So glad that's fixed. So, the other day, I was watching a commercial for a new show. I think it's called "Combat Hospital" or something like that. As you may have guessed, it's about military doctors in a combat zone (probably Afghanistan). In the clip they showed, a young woman berated the man standing in front of her, and firmly told him, "You can call me Major or Doctor, but don't call me Miss!" Remind you of anyone? I'm definitely going to find out when it's on and watch it! I wonder if the writers are Sam/Jack shippers? Oh, and a big welcome to all the newbies!
    Welcome back and that 'Combat Hospital' thing really made me LOL.
    sigpic
    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      When I was at the grocery store the other day, the muzak (or whatever) was playing an old-timey song called "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me" by Mel Carter, and it immediately made me think of Sam and Jack. Bet you can't guess which lines are my favorite!
      Thanks hedwig -sounds like them!
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
        [COLOR="black"]New [I][URL="http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6492283[/QUOTE]

Enjoyed lots

[QUOTE=Pol;12674767][COLOR="black"]*now* can I have a marshmallow? I finished my Campfire. And the edits on chapter 1 of my diss. Pretty please?

I bring goodies...

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l355/polrobin/vids/Grace_Kiss.gif
        However many times I watch that, I can just keep watching, why oh why didn't she wake up in that infirmary and just grab him and kiss him?

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
        I was thinking about these eps just today. In 'Lost City' when Jack put Sam in charge, he said he 'resigned' ('let me make it easy for you...I resign')...that would have been an awesome place to have put a great kiss! No regs. I'm sure Jack didn't because she was still with Mr. cop. Also... in New Order Pt 2, when they got Carter back, the scene between them should have been much more charged -the last time she saw him he was in stasis, and the last thing he heard her say was 'please...Jack'. The scene seems a bit flat by comparison.
        Missed chances, darn the ptb

Comment

Originally posted by Fluffy17 View Post
          Missed chances, darn the ptb
          Yay the ptb! If all was resolved, we'd have no need for fanfic And I need my fanfic

Comment

There is that of course!! Just a few more hints would have been nice, bless 'em

Comment

From JM's latest blog:

Sov writes: “So I’ve been wondering, since the stargate was presumably moved to Washington and the focus of the program likely changed more from exploration to research, and since all the bad guys have been done away with, what became of SG1? Carter has a ship, Teal’C is some kind of politician or something, and Daniel hopefully got himself assigned to Atlantis (that seems logical, at least). It seems that there would be no need for a dozen-plus SG teams at this point, so maybe they were whittled down to four or five? Is Cameron Mitchell retired and laying on a beach somewhere? Or maybe he’s pushing pencils behind a desk? What fate Cam Mitchell?”

Answer: In my mind, Jack is retired and has settled down with Carter who is head of all off-world-related R&D. Now that Atlantis has found a home in the Milky Way, Daniel is there, studying its database and exploring hitherto unexplored sections of the Ancient city. Cam is still leading a team on off-world adventures, a team made up of both Teal’c and Vala who occasionally take time off to oversee the free Jaffa nation and run some off-world scams.
              Personally, I can't see Teal'c staying on SG1 with just Mitchell and Vala. And I'd like to see Vala go back to Tomin (and hopefully remain in another galaxy).

But I like what he's got for Sam & Jack.

Comment

From JM's latest blog:

Sov writes: “So I’ve been wondering, since the stargate was presumably moved to Washington and the focus of the program likely changed more from exploration to research, and since all the bad guys have been done away with, what became of SG1? Carter has a ship, Teal’C is some kind of politician or something, and Daniel hopefully got himself assigned to Atlantis (that seems logical, at least). It seems that there would be no need for a dozen-plus SG teams at this point, so maybe they were whittled down to four or five? Is Cameron Mitchell retired and laying on a beach somewhere? Or maybe he’s pushing pencils behind a desk? What fate Cam Mitchell?”

Answer: In my mind, Jack is retired and has settled down with Carter who is head of all off-world-related R&D. Now that Atlantis has found a home in the Milky Way, Daniel is there, studying its database and exploring hitherto unexplored sections of the Ancient city. Cam is still leading a team on off-world adventures, a team made up of both Teal’c and Vala who occasionally take time off to oversee the free Jaffa nation and run some off-world scams.

Personally, I can't see Teal'c staying on SG1 with just Mitchell and Vala. And I'd like to see Vala go back to Tomin (and hopefully remain in another galaxy).

i loved that answer too!!

that really was the way i wanted them to be. aaand, i did another scenario where jack was home with their 2 year old, and sam's pregnant with another. they don't have a lot of time to waste if they want kiddies.
                sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by canadianfolk View Post
                  Yay the ptb! If all was resolved, we'd have no need for fanfic And I need my fanfic
                  Well it would be impossible to resolve everything so there would still be fanfic
                  sigpic
                  Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

From JM's latest blog:

I don't believe that opinion has always been the same. It's changed to be more postive over the years.

Didn't he use the term, 'stalker' Pete in one of his last posts? Comments have, in the last few years, been very positive about Sam and Jack but they were not always that way.

While it's kinda nice to read positive comments now, I don't appreciate the flipfloppy nature of them.
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to Oma-1 for the beautiful banner!

Comment

Thanks for the comedy routine, Pol!

And on the other discussion: I appreciate JM's blog, but among the company of this current thread, I am at home and we have never doubted.

Thanks for the great discussion guys!

Just got done watching 'Threads' again *sigh*. Funny how I want to pat Kerry on the head...such a smart girl. TPTB should have had the man retire!!
                      sigpic
                      sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by leiasky View Post
                        I don't believe that opinion has always been the same. It's changed to be more postive over the years.

Didn't he use the term, 'stalker' Pete in one of his last posts? Comments have, in the last few years, been very positive about Sam and Jack but they were not always that way.

While it's kinda nice to read positive comments now, I don't appreciate the flipfloppy nature of them.
                        I haven't been around for years, but looking at some of the GW interviews going back as far as season six he seems sympathetic toward Sam and Jack. He may not be consistent on the specifics but I think he has long been pro-ship.

It's RCC and BW who I have seen as being inconsisent, and as I understand it they were the ones who did not want to give definite confirmation of S/J after season 8.

Comment

Hello all of you all! Bet you're surprised to see me! Now that school is out, I can finally come back and do my shipping! It's good to be home!
                          sigpic
                          Thank you Astra Per Aspera for the sig....... My Fan Fiction

Comment

Aw summer's in the air and the shippers come out to play!

Comment

Meaning Ship Day is closing in!
                              Yes, I'm looking forward to that too. I have nothing done, I don't even know what I want to do, but I'm excited nonetheless!
                              sigpic
                              Live Peace. Speak Kindness. Dwell in possibility.
                              My Livejournal. | My fanfictions. | My videos. | My twitter.
                              Beautiful avi and sig are birthday presents fom josiane!

Comment

Yay, Ship Day!

I'm so excited. I hope I have time to write some stories and make new pretties.

Comment

Working...
                                X