Sam Carter /Jack O'Neill Ship Appreciation Thread 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
    Yes! I agree that always makes me feel better! Yummalicious!
    You talk to my mom too!

Comment

i was watching Divide and conquer today as part of my daily 5 sg-1 episode marathon and as i was watching the flashbacks scenes when Carter told Jack to just go without her and he shouted "NO" not only did i notice the superb acting from Rick and Amanda but i could also notice his facial expressions (they almost bordered on being scared) and the distress in his voice that i think jack finally that he really did feel something for Sam.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Colonel John Sheppard View Post
        i was watching Divide and conquer today as part of my daily 5 sg-1 episode marathon and as i was watching the flashbacks scenes when Carter told Jack to just go without her and he shouted "NO" not only did i notice the superb acting from Rick and Amanda but i could also notice his facial expressions (they almost bordered on being scared) and the distress in his voice that i think jack finally that he really did feel something for Sam.
        Several years ago I set my VCR to record SG-1 when it came on so I could watch it later. My local station that was airing SG-1 showed Upgrades and Divide and Conquer back-to-back. When I finally sat down to watch, it was the force-field scene that got me aboard the 'ship. Before, that watched because I liked the action and the team dynamic and because Amanda is HOT!

While I could see flashes of the ship, I was basically neutral when it came to shipping on SG-1. After the shippiest SG-1 double header ever watching to see if and would ever get it on was why I kept watching.

I WANT CONFIRMATION!!
        No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
        It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

you know what really bugs me the most? i'm still having a hard time figuring out who they invited to the wedding. who gave sam away now that jake was gone? was it General Hammond? was cassie the maid of honor? daniel the best man?

Comment

you know what really bugs me the most? i'm still having a hard time figuring out who they invited to the wedding. who gave sam away now that jake was gone? was it General Hammond? was cassie the maid of honor? daniel the best man?
            Teal'c.

Or if her brother was there, I can see him giving her away. I don't ascribe to all the fanfiction stuff about him not speaking to her and being mean to her for breaking up with Pete. I think he'd be happy for her and thrilled at the honor of giving her away.

Or maybe they just eloped and didn't have a fancy wedding.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
              Teal'c.

Or if her brother was there, I can see him giving her away. I don't ascribe to all the fanfiction stuff about him not speaking to her and being mean to her for breaking up with Pete. I think he'd be happy for her and thrilled at the honor of giving her away.

I don't think they had a fancy wedding. I think they called up the guys and Cassie and did it in Vegas while Sam was at Area 51. No best man or maid of honor or giving away. But there was cake!

As for Mark, I don't think he would have been too thrilled about Sam dumping Pete or marying Jack. I don't even think they were close even with the reconcilation between him and Jacob. And I don't see Mark's problems with the AF going away either (especially after Jacob dies without a word to Mark and probably a very superficial explanation).

The way I see it was something of a bridge between Sam and Mark. He was someone they both had in common. Someone they could both relate to and not a part of that secret and infuriating military world that was Sam and Jacob's exclusive club. By rejecting and marying a man who is very much like her father I can't see Mark not feeling at least a little bit rejected and shut out. I don't think it would manifest itself in yelling and screaming, but there would definitely be tension there. And Mark did cut off all ties to his family before because of his resentments toward his father and the military. I think Sam would really have to work to keep that relationship alive. I can see it slipping by the wayside as just too much frustration and work once Sam gets dragged back in to saving the world.

At first I can believe that Mark would see shadows of his father and maybe Jonas Hansen. I'm sure that would make him nervous for Sam as much as uncomfortable for himself. That would motivate Mark to challenge Sam's judgment. But I do think he would eventually come to accept Sam's choice. I don't know that he and Jack would ever be buddies, but I do think he would see how much Jack loves her and how happy Sam is and he would be then be able to let go of his misgivings and be happy for them. But I think he would also remain baffled by their choices given their continuing commitment to the AF and the assignments that keep them apart.

If fact, I don't know that Jack and Sam would really make much sense to anyone who didn't really know them, and there are really only a few people who do (Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie, probably General Hammond, and Jacob). Mark is definitely an outside observer and I think, especially after , he remains on the periphery of her life.

Comment

Originally posted by hlndncr View Post
                Mark is definitely an outside observer and I think, especially after , he remains on the periphery of her life.
                We'll have to agree to disagree on the Mark issue. I honestly don't see him holding any grudges about Pete. I think he and Sam had made enough headway in becoming brother and sister again that after Mark's initial possible resentment about Sam dropping Pete, that he had enough common sense to realize that if he wanted any sort of relationship with his sister, then he was going to have to make some concessions of his own. And given that they had built something of a family again while Jacob was alive, I don't see Mark being willing to throw it away because of what happened between Sam and Pete. That's just my opinion, and I refuse to believe he'd cut himself off again. I don't think his wife or his children would let him, even though we never heard anything about them. Mark's wife and children had gotten to know their grandfather and their Auntie Sam, and I don't see them being willing to lose Sam after Jacob died, just because of their Dad having a snit over something they didn't understand.

Plus, all that hostility and resentment of his that we hear about after he and Jacob make peace with each other is all fanon. There was never anything in the series after their reunion about Mark or his attitude either way. All of the fanon stuff is based on the little bit we heard about his resentment over his mother's death and the AF stuff. I would like to think he'd done some growing up of his own once he and Jacob reunited.

But, back to the marriage stuff. I tend to go along with the eloping bit. I'm not sure either one of them would want a big (or small), fluffy public event.

Comment

You talk to my mom too!
                  No, but I've got a mom of my own that I chat with daily. Silly monkey--it was the picture!

Teal'c.

I don't think they had a fancy wedding. I think they called up the guys and Cassie and did it in Vegas while Sam was at Area 51. No best man or maid of honor or giving away. But there was cake!

As for Mark, I don't think he would have been too thrilled about Sam dumping Pete or marying Jack. I don't even think they were close even with the reconcilation between him and Jacob. And I don't see Mark's problems with the AF going away either (especially after Jacob dies without a word to Mark and probably a very superficial explanation).

The way I see it was something of a bridge between Sam and Mark. He was someone they both had in common. Someone they could both relate to and not a part of that secret and infuriating military world that was Sam and Jacob's exclusive club. By rejecting and marying a man who is very much like her father I can't see Mark not feeling at least a little bit rejected and shut out. I don't think it would manifest itself in yelling and screaming, but there would definitely be tension there. And Mark did cut off all ties to his family before because of his resentments toward his father and the military. I think Sam would really have to work to keep that relationship alive. I can see it slipping by the wayside as just too much frustration and work once Sam gets dragged back in to saving the world.

At first I can believe that Mark would see shadows of his father and maybe Jonas Hansen. I'm sure that would make him nervous for Sam as much as uncomfortable for himself. That would motivate Mark to challenge Sam's judgment. But I do think he would eventually come to accept Sam's choice. I don't know that he and Jack would ever be buddies, but I do think he would see how much Jack loves her and how happy Sam is and he would be then be able to let go of his misgivings and be happy for them. But I think he would also remain baffled by their choices given their continuing commitment to the AF and the assignments that keep them apart.

If fact, I don't know that Jack and Sam would really make much sense to anyone who didn't really know them, and there are really only a few people who do (Daniel, Teal'c, Cassie, probably General Hammond, and Jacob). Mark is definitely an outside observer and I think, especially after , he remains on the periphery of her life.
                  I don't think that they would have had a fancy wedding at all. I think that they would have found the quietest, most expeditious way to do it, with maybe a few friends there (Teal'c, Daniel, Cassie--and a few others, perhaps). I think that Sam might actually balk at being "walked down the aisle" or being given away in the traditional sense--I think that she might see that as being contrary to her sense of feminism. I do think that they would have tried to include all of their loved ones in the ceremony, and I think that it would have felt like they'd all finally come home.

On the Mark thing, I don't see him as being terribly upset with Sam's choice of Jack over Pete. I think that he has to eventually come to terms with his sister as a military individual, and her choice of spouse would make sense to him once he really understands her as a person. Also, I don't think that he would take too kindly to the stalking/background check thing. I don't think that Pete was a violent man, but I think that the markers were definitely there that he would have a hard time living with the kind of information that Sam would be privy to, and I'm not sure that Pete would be able to live without knowing that information. My brother didn't like my husband for a while, but they worked it out, and now they kind of enjoy each other. (Especially when they're out in the desert blowing things up with their rather impressive arsenals. They both really like shooting. Nothing like powerful weaponry to promote male bonding.)
                  sigpic
                  My Stories: FFdotNet
                  My Stories AO3
                  Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

We'll have to agree to disagree on the Mark issue. I honestly don't see him holding any grudges about Pete. I think he and Sam had made enough headway in becoming brother and sister again that after Mark's initial possible resentment about Sam dropping Pete, that he had enough common sense to realize that if he wanted any sort of relationship with his sister, then he was going to have to make some concessions of his own. And given that they had built something of a family again while Jacob was alive, I don't see Mark being willing to throw it away because of what happened between Sam and Pete. That's just my opinion, and I refuse to believe he'd cut himself off again. I don't think his wife or his children would let him, even though we never heard anything about them. Mark's wife and children had gotten to know their grandfather and their Auntie Sam, and I don't see them being willing to lose Sam after Jacob died, just because of their Dad having a snit over something they didn't understand.

Plus, all that hostility and resentment of his that we hear about after he and Jacob make peace with each other is all fanon. There was never anything in the series after their reunion about Mark or his attitude either way. All of the fanon stuff is based on the little bit we heard about his resentment over his mother's death and the AF stuff. I would like to think he'd done some growing up of his own once he and Jacob reunited.

But, back to the marriage stuff. I tend to go along with the eloping bit. I'm not sure either one of them would want a big (or small), fluffy public event.
                    Yep, I can't agree with most of that. I see what you're saying, but drawing from a similar experience with my own father I can tell you that one hug does not a close family make, especially since the lifestyle divide persisted. It's not a matter of hard feelings or walking away. It's just a lack of closeness and understanding. Nothing we saw in cannon suggested they were super close. Like I said, I think acted as a bridge (a hope for Mark that he and Sam could grow closer). I don't think my point of view is without evidence, logic, or based only on fanon. But to each her own.

Comment

Yep, I can't agree with most of that. I see what you're saying, but drawing from a similar experience with my own father I can tell you that one hug does not a close family make, especially since the lifestyle divide persisted. It's not a matter of hard feelings or walking away. It's just a lack of closeness and understanding. Nothing we saw in cannon suggested they were super close. Like I said, I think acted as a bridge (a hope for Mark that he and Sam could grow closer). I don't think my point of view is without evidence, logic, or based only on fanon. But to each her own.
                      I wasn't suggesting that one hug made a close family. I was merely saying that they reconnected and I think that Mark eventually decided it was worth the extra effort to have his father and sister back in his life on a semi regular basis. The bridge was already made long before Pete came into Sam's life (for at least 5 years pre-Pete). After all, Sam and Mark at least talked on the phone often enough for Mark to decide to introduce his friend to his sister. There had to be a sort of closeness for him to do that, even if it wasn't a closeness made of similiar lifestyles. Pete and Mark were apparently good friends, but anything else about them is pure speculation and what fanon has chosen to describe their friendship. I also didn't say that anything about my comment was canon. We never heard anything in canon other than about his resentment over his mother's death and the military. We do see in canon that a reconnection of sorts was made and that Jacob visited Mark and his family on occasion while on earth. That suggests to me that a bridge of sorts was made long before Pete came into the picture. So, for me, Pete was only a temporary bridge, but the bridge was still intact when he left the picture. I'm sure Mark was confused and puzzled about the break-up, but all the animosity ascribed to him is pure fanon, and not canon.

I'm also of the opinion that what happens to us in our own personal lives doesn't necessarily mean fictional characters in a syfy series are going to behave as we do in similar situations and relationships.

Comment

regarding mark. i just realize that sam and jacob were suppose to meet with mark the day after jake met pete (i guess jack is the only one who gets to Jake "Dad") and wasn't that the day he died? so i'm sure jacob wanted to see his son one more time before jake died.

Comment

... and RL drowns me again!

good to see you SW. the SGU episode was Incursion Part 1 where Jack called Carter "Sam". it was the first time in about 10 years that we heard him call her that.
                          He introduced her to Nevin as "Sam" in S7, Revisions.
                          Yes, but Jack specifically introduced her as "Sam", ... not "Major Sam Carter".
                          Thanks for the answers!!!

*pops in*

Hehehe!

*pops back out*
                          Awesome!!!

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
                          i tweeted this and love it.

@MGM_Studios did Sam and Jack get together? please answer the question in a future #Stargate project!

if anyone here is on twitter, would you consider tweeting this to mgm too?
                          I just Tweeted it too!

Comment

Popping in quickly...

I don't see a bit wedding, but I don't see Vegas either. Nor the cabin. I can see them doing a simple J.P. wedding in Jack's backyard with close family (the team, Cass, etc...).

I can see Mark and family there, but I can also see Sam going down the aisle on her own, following Cass (who's OBVIOUSLY in the wedding). If someone HAS to do it, I'd go with Mark. If Mark's not available (which I doubt), I'd say Daniel and Teal'c together.

RE: Mark. I really feel that Mark and Sam repaired their relationship. I'm also in the small camp that thinks Sam is older ("My dad wanted a boy" is a huge clue).

So...A quiet backyard wedding with family and friends (as we did) with an ecumenical chaplain. Family-style dinner after, again in the yard, I'm sure Harriman had a hand in coordinating it all (:-))

Then off to the cabin for a honeymoon or to Maui.

JMHO.
                            Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

And RE: the and Mark thing --

I almost see it as "I'm doing my buddy a favor by hooking him up with my sister". Maybe he'll stop stalking my family and continously wanting to join us on vacation.

Heh. Just my two cents.

Comment

Originally posted by iiradned View Post

I WANT CONFIRMATION!!
                                me too.

it's the big picture, it's the tapestry...

they met, they fell in love, they ended up together.

right? :/
                                sally

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X