Clear All

Originally posted by trupi View Post
    I agree but that was well done!
    it was, and danged funny!
    sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pol View Post
      Did anyone ask Brad if they would novelize the script(s)?
      i don't think so, b/c i haven't read anything on it.

IF the scripts were released (in novel form), would they be *canon*?
      sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Akamaimom View Post
        I have actually thought about that. I just don't think that she would have as much of an issue with it than he would. Also, the past 8 years have been a great equalizer for them--just look how green she started out, and how much she matured. I know that Jack matured, too. His experiences helped him to get over (you don't ever, really get over it, but you know what I mean) Charlie's death, and decide that life was worth living anyway. But she matured more, I think, than he did. She lost the naivete, and gained some perspective. His perspective was there, it was his handling of things that changed. I don't know how else to explain it. I think that by the time she'd gone to Area 51, they were in a similar place, maturity-wise.

Does that make any sense at all?

And thanks for the bolded.
        Yes, totally makes sense. I see what you mean about Sam's character evolving and maturing over the years, to the point where, when Threads finally came along, she lost a lot of that naivete, and was much more at an equal level to Jack when it came to personal issues and experiences.

Originally posted by UhSir View Post
        I'll address it from a personal standpoint. Emphasis on the "personal" because no two relationships are the same and I am comparing real life to fictional. My husband is 18 years older than me. We've talked about this very thing. I don't feel like he's more experienced in love and he doesn't feel like I'm less experienced. Our relationship began and has continued to be so phenomenally different from anything either of us ever experienced that it just blows everything away.

I like to think that Sam and Jack feel the same way. http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a9/...ack_herzen.gif
        smilie by zuz
        That's so awesome. Thanks for sharing your own personal experience.

Now, on a completely different note.... I just received the news about the movies, and I am completely devastated! I was trying to be very optimistic up until now, but I guess I have to let the dream go.

Originally posted by yessika View Post
        I think I'm going to go cry in the corner now
        I think I'll join you.

Originally posted by trupi View Post
        I have been away from the thread for a while. I have been giving Majorsal updates and knew the movie deal was a no go for a while now. I'm sorry my fellow shippers. MGM is looking for cheap money makers for now. The SG books will be coming out on E-Readers only format and if they do well and there's enough interest in what MGMs puts out related to SG, then there is a chance. I would recommend continue buying of DVD's and purchasing episodes from I-tunes. Brad Wright did everything to try to change things and the others jumped ship at the first sign of trouble. So support BW, he really did try! God Bless you all my daily companions of 7 years. Don't ever give up...Star Trek came back so can our beloved SG-1 and SGA.
        But -- but -- I don't have an e-reader. Where does that leave us luddites? If the Stargate: Revolution (I almost typed Resolution!) script was published in paper form, I'd snap it up in a heartbeat!

I know that Star Trek came back, but my big fear is that if SG came back, we would see all new characters, and never see Jack (as played by RDA) or Sam (as played by AT) again. The info in the brackets is important -- I really don't want to see a re-envisioning of SG with Jack and Sam played by newer, younger actors).

Originally posted by Lucycat View Post
        Who was happy with Unending??? I certainly wasn't! The death of the Asgard and no Jack O'neill... it was a horrible series finale (IMO).
        I heartily disliked Unending. Is there a stronger word than "heartily"?
        IIRC, RDA was asked to guest star in 5 episodes. TPTB chose for him to do 3 eps on SGA and 2 on SG1. I thought his appearances on SGA were a complete waste, especially since I really don't like SGA. While I liked The Return well enough, I thought it was ridiculous that he was on The Real World. They should have put him on Unending!! It was the logical and natural choice.

Sorry, I don't mean to criticize and rant away at TPTB, since I have a lot of respect for them and really do appreciate their contributions to the franchise, but I will never understand their decision to not have RDA in Unending, and not use that final opportunity to give us our Sam/Jack confirmation on SG1, once and for all. Now, it's too late

Sorry to be such a downer, everyone. *hugs* to each and every one of you.
        Last edited by IggyMing; 17 April 2011, 05:53 PM.

Comment

Did anyone ask Brad if they would novelize the script(s)?
          I read JM's blog and found out the news before coming over here, so I did ask JM. Hopefully, he'll respond, but I think the news will not be good.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyMing View Post
            I know that Star Trek came back, but my big fear is that if SG came back, we would see all new characters, and never see Jack (as played by RDA) or Sam (as played by AT) again. The info in the brackets is important -- I really don't want to see a re-envisioning of SG with Jack and Sam played by newer, younger actors).
            got that right! ONLY amanda and rick can play sam and jack!!

Sorry, I don't mean to criticize and rant away at TPTB, since I have a lot of respect for them and really do appreciate their contributions to the franchise, but I will never understand their decision to not have RDA in Unending, and not use that final opportunity to give us our Sam/Jack confirmation on SG1, once and for all. Now, it's too late
            i think the ptb had a *lot* of opportunities to confirm sam and jack's togetherness, but decided to not, for whatever their reasons were. just think of every ep, every scene after 'threads', where they could have thrown us a real and unambiguous bone. and i'm including sgu in this.

i don't understand these ppl. really.

((()))
            sally

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by majorsal View Post
              got that right! ONLY amanda and rick can play sam and jack!!

i think the ptb had a *lot* of opportunities to confirm sam and jack's togetherness, but decided to not, for whatever their reasons were. just think of every ep, every scene after 'threads', where they could have thrown us a real and unambiguous bone. and i'm including sgu in this.

i don't understand these ppl. really.

((()))
              It sounds like Brad is pulling away from Stargate completely and will not be involved with any future SG projects, should they happen, which is a shame, b/c he was a big RDA and Jack fan (and I'm sure an AT fan, too), and would have pulled for a movie with Jack and Sam played only by RDA and AT, respectively.

Yes, there were lost opportunities, but I am assuming that they wanted to save the big reveal for movie 3, which was going to be Jack-centric, and would have been very fitting. Now, the movie's not going to happen, and it's too late.

I realize that they gave us a lot of hints and clues, and JM said many times that it was their intention that Sam and Jack were together (God bless his shippy heart), but I wanted confirmation, nevertheless. It really would have been the icing on the cake

Sorry, guys, I may be unbearably morose over the next few days. I'm still feeling a little stunned.

Comment

JM knew for a while, what was MGM's decision. Reason he left town and moved to Toronto to write for a new show with Robert Cooper. Didn't hang around the sinking ship long Only BW fought for our SG even though it was the wrong show, he did try.
                sigpic

Comment

i don't think so, b/c i haven't read anything on it.

IF the scripts were released (in novel form), would they be *canon*?
                  If Brad writes it, it's canon.
                  Pol My Blog | My Fanfic | My FaceBook__ Sam: "Jack...please."

Comment

If Brad writes it, it's canon.
                    I think that if TPTB scripted it, and it was shot, but not used in the show, it's canon, too.

Like the scene in Trio where Sam admits that she's involved with her older man.

That WAS confirmation. As much as we'd like to see the deep, searing kiss, or the waking up in bed together, or heck, even the holding hands as they walk to the Pentagon together, I don't think it's likely. I believe that their intentions were for these two wonderful, vibrant, funny, lovable people to be together, and for whatever lame reason, they never made it OBVIOUS. But, Shippers, WE are stronger stuff than that! We BELIEVE! Right?
                    sigpic
                    My Stories: FFdotNet
                    My Stories AO3
                    Thanks, Oma, for the Sig!

Comment

I think that if TPTB scripted it, and it was shot, but not used in the show, it's canon, too.

Like the scene in Trio where Sam admits that she's involved with her older man.

That WAS confirmation. As much as we'd like to see the deep, searing kiss, or the waking up in bed together, or heck, even the holding hands as they walk to the Pentagon together, I don't think it's likely. I believe that their intentions were for these two wonderful, vibrant, funny, lovable people to be together, and for whatever lame reason, they never made it OBVIOUS. But, Shippers, WE are stronger stuff than that! We BELIEVE! Right?
                      as much as i want to believe this way, aka, i can't.

guh... i can't believe how many years i've been waiting for their happy ending. i mean one that you know, without a shadow of a doubt they're *together*...
                      sally

sigpic

Comment

I can't say I'm surprised by the news, I little sad, yes, surprised, no. To be honest I did not expect a real confirmation, even if there had been a third movie. All the time they left us with ambiguous scenes and I had no faith that this would be any different in an upcoming movie. Nevertheless since I joined GW Stargate and the S/J ship have become more than just a TV show for me. I have met so many great people on the forum and especially this thread, so that will last! Thanks guys! And as many of you said before, there are so many great fics out there...
                        sigpic

Comment

as much as i want to believe this way, aka, i can't.

guh... i can't believe how many years i've been waiting for their happy ending. i mean one that you know, without a shadow of a doubt they're *together*...
                          I guess that's where my ability to choose my own delusions works. Ha ha.

I'd love to see it, don't get me wrong, but in light of these new pieces of information . . . maybe I'm having a "glass half full" moment. I'll be seriously ticked off later.
                          sigpic
                          My Stories AO3

Comment

I guess that's where my ability to choose my own delusions works. Ha ha.

I'd love to see it, don't get me wrong, but in light of these new pieces of information . . . maybe I'm having a "glass half full" moment. I'll be seriously ticked off later.
                            (((akamaimom)))

i'd take a casual comment on the last ep of sgu, just to get the confirmation!

but really... is it wrong to hope for that? am i *that* desperate!?

Spoiler:
                            yes i am
                            sally

sigpic

Comment

((((majorsal))))

(((((to you all!!!!)))))

Not desperate--just hopeFUL.

Right? FULL of HOPE!
                              sigpic
                              My Stories AO3

Comment

Trying to stop crying. Not working.

Dear PTB, Giving us confirmation really wouldn't have been that difficult.

Original release date: 15 June 2008

Comment

Working...
                                X